Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 09:15 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please explain how "hey you should check out this movie if you want" = harrassment.
First off, that is not what he was fired for Jeff. Secondly, we don't know that "all he did was recommend a movie." That is all he told them he did, but we don't know that. I seriously doubt all he did was send a message and say, "Hey, you should check this out." Not even in your twisted view of gays would that be enough to elicit the response of going to his boss. It is far more likely that he accompanied that with something about her lifestyle. It could also be that this was simply the last straw. He might have been messaging her about things previously. He could also have been harassing her at work. The fact is, you don't know Jeff, and as long as the only side of the story is his, I am not inclined to believe him. You have to remember, he has every reason to lie about things.

After your refusal to listen to anything that people have said regarding why he was fired, I am now more convinced as ever that you are just a troll that does not have a job outside of religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Then let's turn it around. The lesbian worker suggests to this Christian man that he should go see a movie that celebrates homosexuality. He immediately complains to his boss that she made him uncomfortable with just a movie recommendation. The boss warns her to cut it out.

Later, she gets in another conversation with someone else and says, hey you really should check out this movie sometime. The person complains and she gets fired immediately!

So you would fully support her being fired, right?
If AFTER being told by management to stop, she continued, then she should be fired as well.

He flat out told them that he would not stop after being told to stop. He went eve further by doing the the same thing again.

It's really simple. Do your job, follow the rules. If you don't like it, find another job.

I don't care if you are gay straight, Hindu, Christian, Satanist, or pastafarian. When told to stop doing something STOP. If you continue AFTER being told to stop, then that is on you, and you deserve whatever you get.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Apparently the gospel of Jesus Christ is now offensive. Does it offend you too?
The gospel is what it is -- words written by anonymous primitive men in a primitive time.

Not offensive to me.

However, when the little human minions of their chosen god start espousing their interpretation of the gospels and insist society should kow-tow to them -- THAT'S offensive.

It's one thing to consistently expose one's ignorance and bigotry on a message board but it's quite another when attempts are made to have it inflicted upon others in RL.

Your side is losing Jeffy. All your impotent bellowing isn't gonna change that.

Grow up. Learn to make peace with reality.

Or continue to get your butt handed to you by your intellectual and ethical betters day after day.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:06 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
First off, that is not what he was fired for Jeff. Secondly, we don't know that "all he did was recommend a movie." That is all he told them he did, but we don't know that. I seriously doubt all he did was send a message and say, "Hey, you should check this out." Not even in your twisted view of gays would that be enough to elicit the response of going to his boss. It is far more likely that he accompanied that with something about her lifestyle. It could also be that this was simply the last straw. He might have been messaging her about things previously. He could also have been harassing her at work. The fact is, you don't know Jeff, and as long as the only side of the story is his, I am not inclined to believe him. You have to remember, he has every reason to lie about things.

After your refusal to listen to anything that people have said regarding why he was fired, I am now more convinced as ever that you are just a troll that does not have a job outside of religion.
That's just it. You don't know all the facts of the case either so why should I take your interpretation as the truth? I am inclined to believe him. I don't automatically assume everyone is a liar, ya know.

You call me a troll when you are the one being rude and insulting. Don't like my opinion? Then feel free to ignore all my future posts.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The gospel is what it is -- words written by anonymous primitive men in a primitive time.

Not offensive to me.

However, when the little human minions of their chosen god start espousing their interpretation of the gospels and insist society should kow-tow to them -- THAT'S offensive.

It's one thing to consistently expose one's ignorance and bigotry on a message board but it's quite another when attempts are made to have it inflicted upon others in RL.

Your side is losing Jeffy. All your impotent bellowing isn't gonna change that.

Grow up. Learn to make peace with reality.

Or continue to get your butt handed to you by your intellectual and ethical betters day after day.
The Bible said there would be people like you. My side is not losing. People are coming to Christ every day, just like they have for hundreds of years. In reality, atheists are a small blimp of the world's population.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Get used to it, this will happen more and more. As Christ said "these things must come to pass".
So there are going to be more and more fundamentalists pestering their co-workers? There are going to be more and more fundamentalists told to stop by their bosses? There are going to be more and more fundamentalists being fired because they ignore their bosses and keep pestering their co-workers?

If that's the case, since they don't want to follow the rules or respect what their bosses tell them, the fundamentalists better start socking money away so they'll have something to live on until they find another job.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
The Bible said there would be people like you. My side is not losing. People are coming to Christ every day, just like they have for hundreds of years. In reality, atheists are a small blimp of the world's population.
Yes, many people believe in Christ's message.

Don't confuse it with yours. Yours stinks.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:24 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Apparently the gospel of Jesus Christ is now offensive. Does it offend you too?
The gospel, aka the "good news" according to some Christians is "turn or burn", "believe that you are a wretched, miserable sinner deserving of eternal torment and unforgivable by God, and your only way out is by trusting that God had an innocent man tortured and murdered in your place to appease God's blood-lust and satisfy his rage; or else you are doomed". "Love and put your faith in this angry, vengeful, tyrannical God -- or suffer the eternal consequences."

Such good news!

To some of us who were sucked in by that coercive tripe for any amount of time and have now escaped, it can be offensive. For those who were not ever bamboozled by it, it's probably just annoying.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
That's just it. You don't know all the facts of the case either so why should I take your interpretation as the truth? I am inclined to believe him. I don't automatically assume everyone is a liar, ya know.

You call me a troll when you are the one being rude and insulting. Don't like my opinion? Then feel free to ignore all my future posts.
I don't know all the facts, no. The difference is, I don't claim to know all the facts. You just claim that everything he said is fact and don't care to dig any deeper. This is the difference between fundies and others. I am looking at the very small amount of information, which only comes from him, and making a determination based off of it. People say all sorts of things to make themselves look like the victim, so excuse me if I don't take his word without the other side being presented. However, even according to your own link, he was not fired for recommending a movie. He was fired after being told to stop making people uncomfortable and refusing to do so. He got himself fired.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
And even more leaving. Your side will be irrelevant at some point. Just wish I would be alive to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality