Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 10:59 PM

197 posts, read 86,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Probably more comfortable than working with people who constantly use profanity including the GD word. Guess what, I didn't run to the boss and try to get them fired.
I grew up in a culture where profanity is constantly used to insult each other. I'm lucky that my parents raised me up as a polite and compassionate man. I read a few posts you wrote on other topics. They are offensive. However, I fully support your rights to say it. Like I said, a Christian friend can hurt me with his sugar-coating words; a Christian stranger can only offend me with his harsh words. I am able to see this distinction. Not everyone can. Besides, I have dealt with many Christian fundamentalists a few years ago, so I am pretty resilient with their sayings. I never argued back. Not everyone can do that.

I can see that your Christian faith is your core identity, and you're really offended when a lot posts here attack you or your view. I never do personal attack on you, but I bet you find my posts offensive when I share my view about Christians.

Just think about this in reverse. To many people and their friends, being gay is their core identity. Even though you don't intend to insult them, your biblical quotes do. I can take that, but many of them can't. They are harsh on you because they feel like their or their friends' identity is attacked by your belief.

I don't think you are a bad person. You simply want to help people like me according to your religious view. Just understand that many people don't share your view. That's why they push back strongly. I personally won't do that to you. I'm content with my current life, so a little offense from you or other Christians won't shake me up. You should be able to say whatever in your mind. Be an honest enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:02 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
God never said mixed clothes defiled the lands and other nations. Only homosexuality.
BUT he did outlaw it, right?

And your closet is full of it. So why ignore THAT law?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Bigots seem hooked on their own bile and stupid can't be fixed.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
I would expect focusing on my arguments, not trying to gain cheap points by making baseless comments on my character. That's how a debate works. You can always hit that ignore button if you can't stand hearing someone speak the truth of God's Word. You act like you just forced to read my posts. Hundreds of posts? Then that means your side is posting thousands in response. Like a 1:10 ratio here.
Oh, stop your crying. You're the one who makes a conscious and deliberate choice to continually base your arguments on outright falsehoods, and when a poster chooses to do that, their character and integrity become part of the discussion. When your entire argument is built on nothing but lies, what else is there for anyone else to talk about?

And yes, Jeff, I said lies. Your "errors" have been pointed out to you far more times than I can count, yet you persist in repeating the same falsehoods. It's impossible to believe you don't know that what you're saying is false, so yes, people are damned well going to hold you accountable for it.

"For whatever a man sows, that shall he reap." Galatians 6:7, I believe.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:30 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
You have ZERO facts that his actions where causing more than a minimal burden on operations.
Glad you agree he was causing at least a minimal extra burden by not following his employer's orders. Now you understand why it was reasonable to fire him. Nothing to do with his religious beliefs - it is all about his actions creating an unnecessary problem in the workplace.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:33 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
BUT he did outlaw it, right?

And your closet is full of it. So why ignore THAT law?
He outlawed for Israelities only to serve a specific temporary purpose.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:37 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Glad you agree he was causing at least a minimal extra burden by not following his employer's orders. Now you understand why it was reasonable to fire him. Nothing to do with his religious beliefs - it is all about his actions creating an unnecessary problem in the workplace.
Nope, I was referring to the language of the law. If he only causes a minimal burden then the boss is breaking the law by firing him.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:42 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bigots seem hooked on their own bile and stupid can't be fixed.
Neither can fundamentalists obsessed with homosexuality. Cheese louise they love thinking about gays having sex.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Then I guess your Bible must leave out passages like this:

You are not to sleep with a man as with a woman; it is detestable. 23 You are not to have sexual intercourse with[a] any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.

24 “Do not defile yourselves by any of these practices, for the nations I am driving out before you have defiled themselves by all these things. 25 The land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants. 26 But you are to keep My statutes and ordinances. You must not commit any of these detestable things—not the native or the foreigner who lives among you. 27 For the men who were in the land prior to you have committed all these detestable things, and the land has become defiled.

Leviticus 18:22

If God approves of homosexuality, why would He ever outlaw it then?
There it is again. Thousands of verses in the Bible, but they go right for the verses about homosexuality. Or sex with animals. They love those too.

Have you high-lited them Jeff? Are those pages flagged in your Bible? Or have you committed those passages to memory so you can think about them when you're standing in line at Target ?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:01 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
And the hilarious thing is it is your side that is making the snide comments, insults, and typing in all caps on occasion, just blowing a gasket because I don't back down.

Then I guess your Bible must leave out passages like this:

You are not to sleep with a man as with a woman; it is detestable. 23 You are not to have sexual intercourse with[a] any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.

24 “Do not defile yourselves by any of these practices, for the nations I am driving out before you have defiled themselves by all these things. 25 The land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants. 26 But you are to keep My statutes and ordinances. You must not commit any of these detestable things—not the native or the foreigner who lives among you. 27 For the men who were in the land prior to you have committed all these detestable things, and the land has become defiled.

Leviticus 18:22

If God approves of homosexuality, why would He ever outlaw it then?
Your cherry-picking is hilarious, Jeff! What about all the other things fom Leviticus?

But but but, those don't count, SouthernBored! They weren't meant for us!

Well, this is why you get made fun of. You cherry pick a verse from Leviticus, while ignoring ALL other verses that mention things you shouldn't do. Let's not forget, you also claim the OT laws aren't relevant anymore. This is why people pick on you Jeff. You cant even see how hypocritical and small minded your arguments are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality