Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,178,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
He has to be a troll. No one is this dense. He's either a troll, or here has to be a little "issue" somewhere. Heck, I posted a page or so ago, that it didn't matter who it was, harassment is harassment. He just ignored the whole post. Which is typical of Jeff. When in doubt, ignore and accuse everyone of hating Christians.
Not to mention in the post I quoted him on, he couldn't even spell harassment correctly.

I refrained from calling him out on it, didn't want him to think he was being harassed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 PM

197 posts, read 86,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Well, a math class is much different than a workplace. They can't be fired. Reprimanded maybe, but not fired. I'm sure too, that had you asked him not to bring it up again, or told him you were not interested, he would probably have stopped. Most people would. For the record, I most definitely do not agree with the Louisianan. One of my best friends since I was 4 is gay. Him and his partner have 2 adopted kids, and they are fantastic parents.

For me, a one time "sharing" wouldn't be the issue. Rather, a need to constantly talk about it, and ignoring people when they tell him to lay off.

I have dealt with it as well, although it wasn't to the point of harassment. My boss in Memphis was a staunch Catholic, who made it clear that he did not like atheist/agnostic/liberals beliefs, but it was always just a comment in passing, or during a mutual discussion. He wasn't saying it ABOUT me. I also really liked the people I worked with, and my job, so it wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think, from what this guy said in his own words, that that is all he did.
You're sweet.
I would have told my classmate my disinterest if he was the one initiating our conversation. Like I said, it was lunch time. I helped him with math homework, and he wanted to buy me lunch. We were getting to know each other, so we asked each other questions. I engaged in the conversation, so I was aware that I needed to prepare to hear uncomfortable sayings.

I also suspect that the man in this story didn't tell all the truth. My opinion is based on an assumption that this man stopped proselytizing the same person after he was told he made them uncomfortable, and that the colleagues he "harassed" engaged in a mutual discussion with him.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,349,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical trap question which I covered in my excellent "ways an atheist can always win" list.
Loving the self congratulatory Christian Pride there

Quote:
The question is irrelevant if the company order violates constitutional rights
BIG "if" there.... and one you are reversing the burden of proof on because you got nothing. If such a violation has taken place the onus is on your to evidence that claim. Stop pretending that we start off guilty, and we have to prove the innocence to you with lines like "you and your cronnies have done an extremely poor job of convincing me otherwise.[/quote]

No son, the job of convincing lies at the feet of the person suggesting the violation occurred (you) not anyone else. But reversing the burden of proof, and reversing the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" is an ongoing MO of you, you, and no one else but you.

Quote:
You don't know all the facts, but have no problem twisting the narrative so that once again, the Christian is the bad guy.
You don't know all the facts, but have no problem twisting the narrative so that once again, the Christian is being persecuted.

Quote:
So it's perfectly fine to allow a Muslim extra time to go pray
I do not think so. A Muslims hobby has no place in the work place. They should get the same breaks as anyone else. A lunch hour and so forth. Some employers are even generous enough to give cigarette breaks throughout the day when there is no good reason for them to have to do so.

So no, I do not think anyone should be granted extra time to go and prostrate and mumble in the corner instead of doing their job.

That said however you are being as dishonest as usual in suggesting that this....

Quote:
but it's worthy of firing a Christian if he dares shares his faith?
Is remotely comparable or analogous. It is not. There is a massive difference between the disruptions caused by one person going off for a quite pray, personally, alone, in private..... and a person disrupting others with preaching and proselytizing.

That you even attempt to equate and conflate the two highlights the desperation in your narrative.

Quote:
You mean like you ignore all my arguments?
You have no pedastal at all from which to admonish others about ignoring arguments. You are a case study in the tactic. You ignore every post that does not give you a chance to whine about being insulted. Any post with actual arguments, points, evidence and reasoning you skip over because you simply can not rebut them.

100-1 odds for example you will not reply to a single PIECE of this post because none of it fits your persecution narrative, and none of it is something you can rebut. Let everyone witness the silence that follows this post which you will not answer. Because you can not. Come on prove me right, AGAIN.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:52 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,091,505 times
Quote:
So now you have to be condescending because I didn't play your little game. So typical.

I find it rather sad that you feel the need to beat a dead horse. You're not going to convince me that this guy is in the wrong here. Move on.

Us move on? We can discuss this all we want.
If the above is how you feel, why are you still here?

Old 10-01-2015, 04:29 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khminh View Post
You're sweet.
I would have told my classmate my disinterest if he was the one initiating our conversation. Like I said, it was lunch time. I helped him with math homework, and he wanted to buy me lunch. We were getting to know each other, so we asked each other questions. I engaged in the conversation, so I was aware that I needed to prepare to hear uncomfortable sayings.

I also suspect that the man in this story didn't tell all the truth. My opinion is based on an assumption that this man stopped proselytizing the same person after he was told he made them uncomfortable, and that the colleagues he "harassed" engaged in a mutual discussion with him.
I think we are in agreement. If the people were engaging in mutual discussion with the guy, then there was no harassment. From his own words however, he didn't ask for mutual discussion, he just went to whoever he wanted and talked about it. I am making a small leap, but a logical one. From the article, "He said that he couldn't stop sharing his faith." It doesn't take much of a leap to see what that means. He was sharing whether people were interested or not.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 AM

10,075 posts, read 5,698,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Us move on? We can discuss this all we want.
If the above is how you feel, why are you still here?
Just trying to inject some maturity like knowing how to respectfully agree to disagree instead of repeating the same tired arguments. If it makes you feel so good to do that, go ahead but don't expect me to answer your posts here unless you bring something new to the table.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
just trying to inject some maturity like knowing how to respectfully agree to disagree instead of repeating the same tired arguments. if it makes you feel so good to do that, go ahead but don't expect me to answer your posts here unless you bring something new to the table.
lol lol lmao

Old 10-01-2015, 06:58 AM

18,451 posts, read 9,081,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
lol lol lmao
The blindness is spectacular, isn't it?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The blindness is spectacular, isn't it?
Unbelievable would be the word and, as I've questioned in the past, so unbelievable that I am more and more convinced it is all phony

Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,294,093 times
Quote:
Just trying to inject some maturity like knowing how to respectfully agree to disagree instead of repeating the same tired arguments. If it makes you feel so good to do that, go ahead but don't expect me to answer your posts here unless you bring something new to the table.

Jeff

It is because of posts like this that I "jump all over you". You may believe what you posted here but if you do you are not able to understand what you say. You have repeatedly accused almost everyone of being anti Christian who has disagreed with you on this topic. You have falsely stated that if it was the Christian being harrassed we would support the harrasser.

You are the one that has totally skipped over our points and dismissed them as being anti Christian even the points where we state that if an atheist was doing that to a Christian the atheist should be fired. You have failed to respond to any of the valid points made by others, several who state that they are Christians and fall back to the only three points you make

1)religious freedom
2)any disagreement with you is soley because we are all anti Christian
3) loosing his job is immoral because ....

Others have pointed out your error on these points.

The facts of this case is a person acts like a jerk at work, boss says not to be a jerk but jerk tells boss to go fly a kite therefore boss tells jerk he is fired. The fact that this jerk happens to be Christian has no bearing on the case except to you.

Instead of responding to my post will you do me a favour? Go back through all the posts on this thread and count the number of posts where the poster, including myself, told you that they would feel the same if it was a non Christian harrassing the Christian and if that number is less than 3 come back and tell me and I will apologize for "jumping all over you". But I would go back and check them out too before I do that. If the number is higher than 3 maybe you should come back and state that you were wrong in accusing us of being anti Christian in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality