Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 01:24 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And the more venom you throw at us then the more we can see that the real hatred is coming from your side. (which is no surprise because Satan is the driving force behind atheism)

We are not the cancer for this country, we are the cure. If we keep forging the path that you want, we will only see more random acts of violence, depression and suicide. You see religion declining in the past 10 years. Guess what I see? A suicide rate that is increasing

https://www.afsp.org/understanding-s...ts-and-figures

But silly me, that is another one of those facts that I never present, right?
Oh, and from your own link, "From 1986 to 2000, suicide rates in the U.S. dropped from 12.5 to 10.4 suicide deaths per 100,000 people in the population. Over the next 12 years, however, the rate generally increased and by 2013 stood at 12.6"

So the rate increase .1% over what it was in 1986. Were we less religious in 1986 than in 2000? Did we suddenly start gaining religion from 86-00 then lose it again? You link proves nothing other than the fact that you don't understand how to read numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 01:24 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You know why it didn't catch on? Because THERE IS NO STORY. If there was, this guy would be suing and it would be all over the news. Hell, Fox News would run with it like a dog with a stick. Instead, there are no updates. That should tell you all you need to know, but you have made it clear that pesky things like FACTS won't change your mind. You have made it clear that you are incapable of actually reading your own article, and you are incapable of coming to ANY conclusion that doesn't fit your agenda. You are so blinded that even FACTS can't make you change your mind. You really should seek out some professional help

With that logic then, I would say there was no story with Kim Davis since according to your side, hey she broke the law, that's it! Telling me to seek professional help simply for not agreeing with people who are consistently rude and disrespectful is nothing more than the cheap superiority tactic. Keep it up. A truly intellectually honest person would not have to resort to such tactics.

Quote:

This.

Yes, Jeff, please keep it up, you are making our numbers grow!!! Between you, Eusebius, and Vizio, there is not telling how many people you have turned to our side!
I suppose in your fairy tale world, 90% of the population believe like you, but they don't. Atheists are a small minority. Yea you got a big voice and support in one internet forum out of hundreds. Big whoop.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
You know why it didn't catch on? Because THERE IS NO STORY. If there was, this guy would be suing and it would be all over the news. Hell, Fox News would run with it like a dog with a stick. Instead, there are no updates. That should tell you all you need to know, but you have made it clear that pesky things like FACTS won't change your mind. You have made it clear that you are incapable of actually reading your own article, and you are incapable of coming to ANY conclusion that doesn't fit your agenda. You are so blinded that even FACTS can't make you change your mind. You really should seek out some professional help

This.

Yes, Jeff, please keep it up, you are making our numbers grow!!! Between you, Eusebius, and Vizio, there is not telling how many people you have turned to our side!
Exactly.

There will be no lawsuit because Routson's personnel file is probably full of previous warnings.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, and from your own link, "From 1986 to 2000, suicide rates in the U.S. dropped from 12.5 to 10.4 suicide deaths per 100,000 people in the population. Over the next 12 years, however, the rate generally increased and by 2013 stood at 12.6"

So the rate increase .1% over what it was in 1986. Were we less religious in 1986 than in 2000? Did we suddenly start gaining religion from 86-00 then lose it again? You link proves nothing other than the fact that you don't understand how to read numbers.
That's right, over the next 12 years, the rate has increased year to year in the same time period that church attendance has decreased. What's next, are you going to deny that mass shootings have increased too? Facts are not on your side.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
With that logic then, I would say there was no story with Kim Davis since according to your side, hey she broke the law, that's it! Telling me to seek professional help simply for not agreeing with people who are consistently rude and disrespectful is nothing more than the cheap superiority tactic. Keep it up. A truly intellectually honest person would not have to resort to such tactics.

I suppose in your fairy tale world, 90% of the population believe like you, but they don't. Atheists are a small minority. Yea you got a big voice and support in one internet forum out of hundreds. Big whoop.
Ok, first off, I didn't say that because you disagree. I said that because you apparently are unable to see FACTS when presented to you, and apparently ignore every single, possible argument. Everyone on this thread is telling you that you are wrong. We are all telling you to actually read your article past the first paragraph. We are telling you that, according to his own words, he was not fired for being a Christian, but fired for pushing his beliefs on people who didn't want him to, being warned not to do it again, saying he wasn't going to stop, doing it again, and then subsequently being fired. He was fired for harassment and insubordination. Not for being a Christian. But I suspect you will overlook that fact yet again, and continue to live on in your little bubble or irrelevance.

Secondly, of course we aren't 90% of the population. Neither are you bub. I will say this though, we are much more of the population that you think we are. I know quite a few people in my life that go to church and say they believe, but they don't. They go to church because they are afraid of how their family would react if they "came out". They go because here in the south, that is how a lot of networking gets done. Hell, it is also how you can get you kids into a cheaper daycare or sports league. You can think we are a miniscule amount of people all you want, but we are growing every day, and we are much larger than you think.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Exactly.

There will be no lawsuit because Routson's personnel file is probably full of previous warnings.
I would expect so. If this guy REALLY thought it was Christian persecution, he would have already hired a lawyer and be trying to sue. He would be all over Fox News crying about persecution. Instead, all he is doing is whining to Ray Comfort's people and using people's gullibility to get money on GoFundMe.

Quote:
That's right, over the next 12 years, the rate has increased year to year in the same time period that church attendance has decreased. What's next, are you going to deny that mass shootings have increased too? Facts are not on your side.
You really don't understand statistics do you? In 1986, it was 12.5. Today, it is 12.6. So by your logic, we must have been much less religious in '86 right? Then from '86-2000, we must have gotten much more religious right? That is your entire argument, and it is meaningless. You will always have highs and lows, Jeff. Correlation does not imply causation, please look that up to educate yourself. If you had ever taken a statistics course, you would know this. You can' t make a claim that lower church attendance or more atheists causes something, when it is only .1% different from 1986.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
A truly intellectually honest person would not have to resort to such tactics.
You have no grounds to talk about "intellectual honesty".

Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
What does ANY of this have to do with religion? Do you really think church prevents suicide? Correlation isn't causation.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You have no grounds to talk about "intellectual honesty".
That's for damn sure.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Ok, first off, I didn't say that because you disagree. I said that because you apparently are unable to see FACTS when presented to you, and apparently ignore every single, possible argument. Everyone on this thread is telling you that you are wrong.
You mean on a forum that is vastly anti-Christian, most people disagree with me? Holy cow, what are the odds? Color me not surprised. Facts were not presented because you don't know what all went down and how it went down, but "everyone" had no problem filling in the blanks. How are those facts?

Quote:

We are all telling you to actually read your article past the first paragraph. We are telling you that, according to his own words, he was not fired for being a Christian, but fired for pushing his beliefs on people who didn't want him to, being warned not to do it again, saying he wasn't going to stop, doing it again, and then subsequently being fired. He was fired for harassment and insubordination. Not for being a Christian. But I suspect you will overlook that fact yet again, and continue to live on in your little bubble or irrelevance.
And I will continue to reject that position because discussing his faith with coworkers doesn't even meet the legal definition of harrassment. If it did then I should have been able to get my coworkers fired for pressuring me to go have a beer. Funny that everyone is pretty mum on that point.You don't even have proof if the coworker initiated the religious conversation or not which is a critical point. How ridiculous that Chris would have been expected to reply, "I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm not allowed to speak a word about Jesus Christ or recommend any movies of a religious nature."

Quote:

Secondly, of course we aren't 90% of the population. Neither are you bub. I will say this though, we are much more of the population that you think we are. I know quite a few people in my life that go to church and say they believe, but they don't. They go to church because they are afraid of how their family would react if they "came out". They go because here in the south, that is how a lot of networking gets done. Hell, it is also how you can get you kids into a cheaper daycare or sports league. You can think we are a miniscule amount of people all you want, but we are growing every day, and we are much larger than you think.

What's that, your side likes to say, oh yea, personal anecdotal evidence don't count. But when the chips are down, you know what most people do? They turn to prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality