Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 04:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you have a job? If you do.... go to Human Resources and ask them if you have the right to say anything you want while you are on the job. Then ask them if you can ignore your boss and do what you want without fear of being fired.

Report back.
He doesn't read my posts any more--or chooses to ignore them as in post #774.

PRO-GAY people have been fired for telling others they shouldn't work for a homophobic company.

But that doesn't fit in with jeff's "poor christians are persecuted" tic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 04:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

But that doesn't fit in with jeff's "poor christians are persecuted" tic.
Personally, I don't understand why fundamentalist Christians cry "I'm persecuted!" at every available opportunity. It just seems so wimpy and unattractive. Jesus didn't whine.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:42 PM

16,669 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't see how that as any relevance to my argument. Doesn't matter either way. The boss still decided that it was better to end a person's 13 years of service and means of support for his family rather than risk someone be offended by Christianity. My points still stand:

1. The first warning was not justified. The conversation was not forced on someone, it was mutual and took place outside of work.

2. The 2nd warning was a violation of his religious freedom since the boss basically told him to knock it off and stop acting like a Christian. There is no evidence that he was proselytizing which implies that he got up on a podium and forced a sermon on everyone. The account is that the conversation was mutual about religion and may have been initiated by the person who made the complaint.
Are you actually reading the posts in this thread? I have to ask because there have been several posts detailing WHY there is no such thing as religious freedom inside a private business, yet you brought that term up again. There is no indication that the boss told him to quit acting like a Christian. From your statement, you don't know what proselytizing means. If I didn't know what it means, I'd look it up. Among your "freedom of religion" rights, "going into all the world and spreading the word to every person" is not present. In spite of all the warnings and HR involvement, ONE thing still stands out above everything else. He recommended a HIGHLY offensive anti-homosexuality movie to a LESBIAN. Anybody in their right mind would know not to do that to a co-worker. Having done so, he should have just told the boss he quit and left the premises.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:51 PM

63,793 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Are you actually reading the posts in this thread? I have to ask because there have been several posts detailing WHY there is no such thing as religious freedom inside a private business, yet you brought that term up again. There is no indication that the boss told him to quit acting like a Christian. From your statement, you don't know what proselytizing means. If I didn't know what it means, I'd look it up. Among your "freedom of religion" rights, "going into all the world and spreading the word to every person" is not present. In spite of all the warnings and HR involvement, ONE thing still stands out above everything else. He recommended a HIGHLY offensive anti-homosexuality movie to a LESBIAN. Anybody in their right mind would know not to do that to a co-worker. Having done so, he should have just told the boss he quit and left the premises.
Given the ridiculous number of times he has been told these things, either he is the most obtuse person imaginable or he is trolling and baiting.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:52 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given the ridiculous number of times he has been told these things, either he is the most obtuse person imaginable or he is trolling and baiting.
Or both.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Listen, I said I was done with this thread and left it alone for an entire week, but you just can't let it GO. You had to dig this back up and rant against me, and then throw a BIG HISSY fit because I won't back down and go against my beliefs here. It's people like you that are opening the gate towards Christian persecution and that's pretty disgusting since you actually claim to be a Christian. Let it go. I'm done with this topic.

You are the troll here baiting me to come back and get into it again.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Listen, I said I was done with this thread and left it alone for an entire week, but you just can't let it GO. You had to dig this back up and rant against me, and then throw a BIG HISSY fit because I won't back down and go against my beliefs here. It's people like you that are opening the gate towards Christian persecution and that's pretty disgusting since you actually claim to be a Christian. Let it go. I'm done with this topic.

You take the bait, don't blame the poster. No one is forcing you to respond.

It is pretty funny that you do come back, circle your wagons and dig in your heels on a topic that you have been defeated on, for those that are intellectual honest, and still pull the victim card. It says a lot more about you than it does those you want to call trolls and agents of Satan.

What time does your mind open?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:

Aaannnnddd.....

Stomping his feet, he picks up his ball, and goes home.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:35 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,165 times
Quote:

Who exactly forced you to click on the thread title and come here and read this against your will?

You have gained a certain unsavory reputation, deservedly so in my opinion from my short time here. More unfortunately, Christians in general suffer from the reputations folks like you give them. As a consequence of your behavior, posters talk about you and your ways of posting. They aren't necessarily baiting you, they may just be sharing common memories of your past behavior. One way to stop that is to become a more honest and decent poster than your past record indicates.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:37 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

Nothing you said here is a direct refutation of my points. So if you started a discussion about evolution with me at work or even on facebook outside of work and I found it offensive, then you would have no problem with me complaining to the boss and getting you fired immediately. Is that what you are truly telling me? Because that is exactly what happened to this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality