Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 10:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Read: Homicidal tendencies are fine with our all loving, perfect God.

Read: My Bible tells me it is right so it is right. Why is your Bible right? Because God says so. How do you know god said so? The Bible tells me so.... Circular reasoning doesn't work Eusie.
It works for those lacking a certain level of intellect, ethics and/or maturity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:13 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Evil in the hand of a perfectly loving God is okay since He is working ALL together for GOOD.
It's His universe, and love, which dictates all His actions, has Him doing all for the eventual good of everyone.
Do you find fault with that?
Surely you must be joking!

And you conservative Christians say we atheists have no moral absolutes!

Old 09-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
They were all going to die anyway due to Adam's one unjust act. I suppose you have a problem with that too?
So then why should murder be illegal? Why have traffic laws? We're all just going to die anyway.

Please tell me that you don't own any firearms. Or drive on the same roads that I do.

Quote:
I don't think you are in any position to be judging the One Who created you.
Ok, Vizio.

Kids, this is what theo-fascism looks like. And it's directly related to creationism. The Creator can do whatever he wants, because he's the creator. Creationists want us to be ruled with an iron first by a brutal cosmic dictator.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I do have a problem with your petty god, yes. He is so petty, that he doomed the entirety of human civilization for the acts a one person. Your god then flooded the entire world, because he was angry. So yes, I do have a problem with murdering people.

Why am I not in a position to judge? He (and I am assuming at this point he is actually real) is obviously an unjust, petty, homicidal, maniac. Maybe he needs to be judged for his horrible actions.

If I went to incredible efforts to create thousands of species of life and especially human beings, giving them everything they could possibly need or want, yet they turn their backs on me to such a level of destroying my other precious creations, yea I would be pretty ticked off.

God is not petty. He just hates sin because it destroys and puts up a wall between man and Him. God is so righteous that He simply can not coexist with sin. It's not possible. Since God made you with His intelligence being infinitely greater than ours, how can it be that your limited human brain could find a more moral solution to the problem of sin than God? If your sense of morality comes from God then how can you be more moral than Him? That's like saying the water draw from the well into a bucket is more pure than the water in the well.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If I went to incredible efforts to create thousands of species of life and especially human beings, giving them everything they could possibly need or want, yet they turn their backs on me to such a level of destroying my other precious creations, yea I would be pretty ticked off.

God is not petty. He just hates sin because it destroys and puts up a wall between man and Him. God is so righteous that He simply can not coexist with sin. It's not possible. Since God made you with His intelligence being infinitely greater than ours, how can it be that your limited human brain could find a more moral solution to the problem of sin than God? If your sense of morality comes from God then how can you be more moral than Him? That's like saying the water draw from the well into a bucket is more pure than the water in the well.
Thankfully there's no evidence that this cosmic dictator is actually real.

My sense of morality comes from empathy: I know what it's like to feel pain, so I don't want any other conscious being to feel (unnecessary) pain.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

How do you know your god "went to incredible efforts" creating stuff? If he's the omni-everything dude you folks claim, he could poof the whole works into place with a "Shazam!" and a godly wave of his godly hand.

And if he was displeased with his creation, he could have Shazamed it back into oblivion with a godly wave of his godly hand.

And then he could have Shazamed another batch of life and see if this one turned out any better.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO! He's gotta slaughter everybody because he's prone to hissy fits and gets his godly panties in a godly bunch.

He's a cartoon buffoon and barbarian.

No wonder you worship him.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Thankfully there's no evidence that this cosmic dictator is actually real.
Oh there's is plenty of evidence if one is open to it. Why are you even debating the characteristics of someone who you believe is fiction? I don't ponder where Zeus is moral or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

My sense of morality comes from empathy: I know what it's like to feel pain, so I don't want any other conscious being to feel (unnecessary) pain.

Your actions can sometimes cause pain without even knowing it. Gossip for example. So gossip is immoral, right?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:52 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Evil in the hand of a perfectly loving God is okay since He is working ALL together for GOOD.
It's His universe, and love, which dictates all His actions, has Him doing all for the eventual good of everyone.
Do you find fault with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
OMFG...did you just say god is evil?
No, in fact I neither said that nor suggest it.

Quote:
that EVIL works for good?
In God's hands, yes, or course it does.

Quote:
ALLELUIA, bring in the DEVIL and we can get all kinds of goodness accomplished??
Well, after all, that is what He did. He is the one Who created Satan the way he is to do that which God deems best so good may come.

Quote:
What king of sorry and sick and twisted god do you know????????
A very loving and benevolent God.

Quote:
This ain't Stockholm, it is total and absolute false teaching from the very heart of a Pharisee....
No, a Pharisee wouldn't believe the way I do. They believe all the evil one gets in this life is their own fault.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
They were all going to die anyway due to Adam's one unjust act. I suppose you have a problem with that too?
Quote:
F80: So then why should murder be illegal? Why have traffic laws? We're all just going to die anyway.
We, being human, cannot assure good will come of our evil. Only God can.

Quote:
F80: Please tell me that you don't own any firearms. Or drive on the same roads that I do.
Okay, I won't.

Quote:

I don't think you are in any position to be judging the One Who created you.
Quote:
F80: Ok, Vizio.

Kids, this is what theo-fascism looks like. And it's directly related to creationism. The Creator can do whatever he wants, because he's the creator. Creationists want us to be ruled with an iron first by a brutal cosmic dictator.
Of course the creator can do whatever He wants. It's His creation after all. But He does all things in love with a view to GOOD being the result of all His actions.
I believe you are overreacting. Since when has God ruled you with an iron fist?

Old 09-24-2015, 12:05 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How do you know your god "went to incredible efforts" creating stuff? If he's the omni-everything dude you folks claim, he could poof the whole works into place with a "Shazam!" and a godly wave of his godly hand.

And if he was displeased with his creation, he could have Shazamed it back into oblivion with a godly wave of his godly hand.

And then he could have Shazamed another batch of life and see if this one turned out any better.

But NOOOOOOOOOOO! He's gotta slaughter everybody because he's prone to hissy fits and gets his godly panties in a godly bunch.

He's a cartoon buffoon and barbarian.

No wonder you worship him.

How much harder to make two rabbits than Venus or Saturn?

Jeff: this is one of the reasons that your posts are mocked, you make a claim that is not even supported in your Bible as if it is a fact. Are we supposed to be wowed by the fact that it was an incredible effort? If you simply stated that he went to the effort of creating stuff that is one thing but you needed to add incredible for what reason other than to make your God sound like he did more work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality