Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 03:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
People don't go to hell for unbelief. They go to hell for sinning against God.
According to Tony,Tony,Tony and several other people on this forum, that will be you since you have a tattoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You may be right. I have done my research, as has the majority of atheist/agnostics. This is one of the things people don't seem to understand. In fact, the number one cause for atheism is the Bible. At least out of the people I know. I don't discount a creator (hell, I don't discount multiple gods), I just discount the creator from the Bible. He has too many human traits to be a god. Which one would expect from a book written by man. Interviewing pastors and researching healings would not change anything. The pastors are simply re-hashing things from the book that I have already found to be bunk, and healings are usually found to not have any kind of supernatural reason.

I agree that it is not impossible for there to be a creator. I am not sure if the fundamentalists would agree that there is the possibilty that there is no creator or even that evolution as the theory states is possible.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And that's why I've stopped trying to present evidence because you have already closed your mind to any possibility that the Bible is true. If you can only focus on a few OT stories of God's judgement and not grasp the rest then you never really studied the Bible.
My mind is always open Jeff. It is yours that is closed. I have done my research, and found it lacking. I was smart enough that by middle school I was asking questions that the pastor couldn't answer without sounding like an idiot or a hypocrite. When you can't even appease a 9 year old.... I mean, come on! A nine year old figured out it was baloney!

And while I'm here, why should I not focus on those stories? They are part of your holy book, no? They prove god is not who YOU say he is. It proves he's a petty, manipulative, homicidal, tantrum throwing, maniac. Which tells me he is man made.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:37 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I agree that it is not impossible for there to be a creator. I am not sure if the fundamentalists would agree that there is the possibilty that there is no creator or even that evolution as the theory states is possible.
That is the difference between fundies and others. They claim our mind is closed, when in reality, it is their mind that is closed. They can't even comprehend that there is a possibility, however small, that there is no god. But it is our mind that is closed.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:38 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Greetings to all you tender of heart. Why would you all be still on this thread arguing a point that will never be won on either side. You either believe or you dont. Giving us the details for either side not important except to each individual and the choice they make.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
According to Tony,Tony,Tony and several other people on this forum, that will be you since you have a tattoo.

It's scary how much you seem to be obsessed with my life. You remember that I have a tat? Really? Wow.

My tat is not a sin...but even if it were, it's the least of the reasons that I'd be deserving of hell. I sin daily and deserve to go to hell. In his mercy, though, God chose instead to save me through Jesus Christ. That salvation is also available to you, too.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,787,901 times
Quote:
It's scary how much you seem to be obsessed with my life. You remember that I have a tat? Really? Wow.

My tat is not a sin...but even if it were, it's the least of the reasons that I'd be deserving of hell. I sin daily and deserve to go to hell. In his mercy, though, God chose instead to save me through Jesus Christ. That salvation is also available to you, too.
Unless you are not one of the elect. If you are a vessel fitted for destruction then tough cookies, no heaven for you. Why do you always leave that part out?

-NoCapo

Old 09-24-2015, 05:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Unless you are not one of the elect. If you are a vessel fitted for destruction then tough cookies, no heaven for you. Why do you always leave that part out?

-NoCapo
Bad for business.

A small-town pastor's gotta make a living.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:57 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
I'm not one of the elect. I was predestined by the Christian God for damnation. By trying to "save" me you are defying God.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:46 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
I bet many Christians are unaware that the Bible says that both disobedient children and homosexuals should be killed:
Leviticus 30:13: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
Deuteronomy 21: "18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."
Not really sure what your point is but it appears that you are Muslim. Having said that, remember the old adage about stones and glass houses.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality