Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM

10,077 posts, read 5,709,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
To me, that's one of the most repulsive aspects of your religion - the belief that life is all about suffering, and the only thing that gives it meaning is that when you die you get to go to heaven. I can hardly imagine a more twisted, depressing worldview than that.

And that's one of the reasons I want to see the cancer that is christianity scoured from our society like the tumor that it is - to keep people like you from destroying the hearts, minds, and souls of innocent children by forcing them to believe this revolting message.
Well no wonder you don't care about religious freedom, you admit right here that you want to see Christianity destroyed. There is so much wrong with your statement. For one thing, much of the suffering in this life, we bring upon ourselves. If everyone sought to follow God's blueprint for life, we would wipe out a huge amount of social problems. But when you follow the path of sin, you reap the fruits of sin which are things like anger, violence, fear, depression.

And what message do you have the for young people? That there is no hope for life, to be extremely careful to navigate around the countless land mines in life because all it takes is one wrong step and you're screwed. No hope, just waiting for the death and then you will never exist anymore and be quickly forgotten and replaced by the next group in the cycle of life.

Yeah this life sucks because sin was introduced into it. But compared to our time in eternity, it is really just a very brief existence in the fallen world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:02 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,138,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You're constantly claiming that an arbitrary book (the Christian Bible) is a source of objective morality.
No...I really haven't. Besides the fact that the Bible isn't "an arbitrary book", it shouldn't be a problem for you to get a quote from me saying that now, should it?
Quote:
If you have some evidence that the bible is anything other than an arbitrary book, then let's hear it.
I'd suggest reading the 66 books of the Bible. Study them. It will change your life.
Quote:
Until then, you're just blathering delusional nonsense like the homeless guy down the street who claims to be getting direct communication from aliens in outer space.
You're the one that is saying things about me that I haven't said. And you're admitting you have no way to judge right and wrong, but you think the Bible is wrong. You're just a fountain of contradictions.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:04 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,926,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
[/color]

Oh boy, let see, does God create by His word? Yes or no
Does not scripture tell us Gods word is a two edged sword and that sword is used for division?

You do the math.

Your Being deliberately obtuse again I see, seems you do that when you get stuck on a subject. Cut down is just a form of division or separation.

God did NOT create evil E, those Jesus revealed the Father to state God works no evil and God thinks no evil. So as God does not work or think evil how in the world did God create evil? I guess He must have created evil without thinking about it.

So evil is created out of God, through Him and for Him. Eek gad the madness.

You can't believe both E because what they state is contrary one to the other. And it is obvious you do not see where Jesus and the NT writers corrected the view of God given in the OT.

You can't have it both ways E, but I know you will try.

E speaking: God creates evil, but does so without getting his hands dirty, God uses hit men as it were and God does not think about the evil that He does because God does not think evil.

E remember the story of Moloch? And how the children of Israel were sacrificing their children to Moloch?
What did God say about that evil? Did He not say that His people were doing something that never entered His mind?

So explain how that evil that never entered Gods mind came out of and through God and will return back to God.
Then tell me how the tree of the knowledge of good and evil got planted in the middle of the garden? Did God plant it? Did it slip in unawares? And since it is the knowledge of good and evil, who created the good and the evil? If not God, then who? Did the evil slip into God's universe without His knowledge? Did it catch Him by surprise? If that is so, what guarantee do we have that it will ever be done away?

The story of Molech is that it never entered His heart for them to do that.

God's heart, His feelings were not in what they were doing and He never gave it as part of their law to do that. There is a difference between the heart, the seat of feelings and the mind.

"NEITHER CAME IT INTO MY MIND"

THIS passage in Jeremiah 32:35 has been used as an argument to prove that all is not out of God. As it
is a typical example of how discordant translations and disqualified minds brazenly oppose God's express
declarations, we will point out a few facts for the consideration of those who think that they can find a
foundation for their unbelief in some obscure corner of God's Word. In both statements God is dealing
with His treatment of Israel, but one is a closing summary, and is given as a great, all embracing truth. In
the other God is expostulating with them for their abominations in causing their sons and daughters to
pass to Molech, which, He says, did not ascend on His heart, not His mind. Those who do not know what
the heart is, immediately make the false inference that God does nothing except as His heart is in it. In
the very beginning it grieved Him at His heart that He made man (Gen.6:6). Does this prove that He did
not make man? Does anyone imagine that God's heart is in any of the evil and sin in the world? Let
anyone study the usage of the word heart and he will see that it is quite possible for God, as for us, to
do things which are not on the heart.

No wonder those who bring up such a passage revolt at the thought of God's deity! But there is little
excuse for such ignorance, for God is expressly said to do things far more terrible than that done by the
Israelites in Hinnom. The prophets are full of it. If we could see at a glance all the suffering which He
expressly claims as due to His hand at one siege of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar alone, our hearts
would be sick. Yet His heart is infinitely more sensitive than ours. What shall we say? That He did not
bring these things on them, because they did not come on His heart? God condescends to speak to us as
if He were a man, as in this case, in order that we may be able to enter into His feelings. Our hearts are
often grieved by what we must do. So His heart is not in the evil which He does. It was not in the
abomination of idolatrous Judah, yet in Ezekiel 20:26 He expressly declares of this very sin, "I am defiling
them in their gifts, in causing to pass all who open up the womb." May God keep us from the modern
abomination of propping our unbelief on a distortion of His holy Word! That certainly grieves His heart!
(A. E. Knoch, Unsearchable Riches).

Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah this life sucks because sin was introduced into it. But compared to our time in eternity, it is really just a very brief existence in the fallen world.
Bingo!

Yea, they have nothing to offer except eat and drink for tomorrow we die.

They will be happily surprised to know there is so much more to life than that.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,142,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Bingo!

Yea, they have nothing to offer except eat and drink for tomorrow we die.

They will be happily surprised to know there is so much more to life than that.

Many are ignorant to the fact that life has so much more to offer in the HERE and NOW...

Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course it is.

It's a product of the most barbaric location on earth. The most salient characteristic of the middle east has been mindless violence for the past 10,000 years. To expect the myths arising from such a culture to be anything other than barbaric is naive.
In the midst of the barbarism God had direct communication with individuals in the historic documents which comprise the Old and New Testaments. We know that Godless societies like Communist China who killed, no, murdered x number of their own people and Godless Communist Russia that murdered many millions of its own people is a sure bet that barbarism will occur be it under the guise of religion or atheistic regimes.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Because you already know my thoughts on this E as you took part in that thread, so all I see is you being deliberately obtuse and I will not play into your game.
Just tell me what Omni God means to you. I never read your ideas on it. It must be too difficult for you to do that or you'd have done it by now.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,142,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Just tell me what Omni God means to you. I never read your ideas on it. It must be too difficult for you to do that or you'd have done it by now.

OMNI is a cryptogram for LOVE?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We seem to have two gods here, the one that Eusebius describes and the one that Christians are always on about, that being the "God Of Love". They say "God is Love" quite often. I lean toward the "God is Love" school of thought which contradicts the claim that god created (or engineered) evil and is a brutal and barbaric god, hellbent on forcing 'his plan' through, at any cost in human suffering (and any other feeling animal).

What does 'God's Plan' mean anyway? To make us suffer? Heaven knows there has been enough human suffering already! Can we just conveniently blame Satan? Does Satan have power over God?
Yes but many so-called "Christians" say "God is Love" only to eternally torture those for eternity who have already suffered a life of pain and suffering in this life already. They claim that "If one just trusts Jesus as their Saviour then God won't eternally torture them in eternal hell fire and damnation."

I and many like me find such ideas repulsive and foreign to a properly translated Bible and foreign to a God of love. God IS Love and God uses good AND evil to educate all mankind and it is all for the end result of GOOD since "God is working all together for GOOD."

"God has given to mankind the experience of evil." Why? "So they may be humbled thereby." Humanity as a whole is proud of themselves. Rather than looking to God for shelter and sustenance they proudly look to themselves. A good dose of humility never hurt anyone.
Pneuma believes God would never use evil even though the Bible clearly explains to us that God created evil and uses evil for His purpose while at the same time He is Good. He will use evil until it is no longer needed.
Satan was created a liar and a murderer from the beginning. He is God's dog on a leash to be unleashed when necessary and to be put back on the leash when necessary. God, in Job's day could have arrested Satan the moment he came before God. Instead God used him to get at Job and to bring about a better understanding of God and His ways that neight Job nor his friends knew at the time. Job's friends blamed all the evil that came upon him on Job himself. But God said to Job that they spoke wrong about Him and Job said what was right "Shall we receive good from God and not evil"? "God gives and God takes away. Blessed be the name of God." Those are Job's words and they were right.

Eventually God is going to save all mankind and bring all mankind into a realization of the truth. It just takes time, His time, not ours.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:05 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,355,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And what message do you have the for young people? That there is no hope for life
Having differing sources for hope in life is not the same as having NO hope. But as usual when someone derives something from a different source to you, you pretend they do not have it at all.

The message would be that hope has to be derived from this life, rather than giving up on this life and hanging on to the concept of an unsubstantiated after life to find hope from instead.

What you are selling is not a source of hope for this life. You have essentially given up all hope on this life. You maintain a hope there is another life, and that is about all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality