Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 09:21 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
** Wording. He didn't write the Bible, which would include the NT. Almost everyone agrees it was written well after his death. Are they correct? Who really knows. This includes you.

** Herein lies the problem. Jesus told them isn't reason to believe it is true. You know why? Because no one knows if they were actually told that or not. They are the only ones who would know. If I told you Jesus came to me and said, "SouthernBored, the NT is wrong about me. In fact, it is all wrong! Here, let me tell you the truth." Would you believe it? If not, ask yourself why you wouldn't, and that is the same reason why I don't believe some random guys from thousands of years ago.
He didn't have to write the Bible for it to be true.

The words are true. Just because you don't believe so does not mean so. You are dealing with hypothetical situations which are not based in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 09:24 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
He didn't have to write the Bible for it to be true.

The words are true. Just because you don't believe so does not mean so. You are dealing with hypothetical situations which are not based in fact.
Oh, you have facts now? Please, show us all these "facts" that prove you are correct. Show us these "facts" that prove the existence of Jesus. Show us these "facts" that show what is said in the NT is true.

Oh wait....

Old 10-16-2015, 09:32 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

They cannot seem to grasp our standard is Christ not the bible
But only the "nice" Christ. Not the "fire and brimstone" Christ.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Oh, you have facts now? Please, show us all these "facts" that prove you are correct. Show us these "facts" that prove the existence of Jesus. Show us these "facts" that show what is said in the NT is true.

Oh wait....
Open up Genesis 1:1 and read all the way to Revelation 22:21 and you will have all the facts before you. You can forego the Maps section in the back if you want. But hey, they are factual too.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:58 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
How do you even know of Jesus? The Bible, correct? Without it you would have never heard of a guy named Jesus. So whether you think so or not, the Bible is your standard. It is your ONLY source of knowledge. You just choose to ignore the entire first half of it. You just prefer to think the parts that you BELIEVE are true are actually true. The rest? Nah, that was written by people who didn't understand. Do you seriously not see the issue there?

Jesus did not write the Bible, and in fact, it was written well after his death. How did they know what Jesus said? How do you know they got it right? Because it matches your preconceived notion of how you want Christ to be. Confirmation bias.

EEk gad, if you think you can only find Christ in the bible you have learned nothing. Mystic gave you his own experience of how he came to know Christ and you make jokes of it and then turn around and say no one can know Christ except in the bible. You can find Christ in all kinds of literature, from the bible to the Koran, but I would not expect you to understand that.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Open up Genesis 1:1 and read all the way to Revelation 22:21 and you will have all the facts before you. You can forego the Maps section in the back if you want. But hey, they are factual too.
fact
fakt
noun
plural noun: facts
a thing that is indisputably the case.

I don't think you understand what a "fact" is. Until you do, I will leave you with this.

Read the Quran from start to finish, and you will have all the facts you need.

Read the Book of the Dead from start to finish, and you will have all the facts you need.

Read the Satanic Bible from start to finish, and you will have all the facts you need.

Read Dianetics from start to finish, and you will have all the facts you need.

Read the Avesta Collection from start to finish, and you will have all the facts you need.

See why things being in a book doesn't mean they are facts?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:01 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But only the "nice" Christ. Not the "fire and brimstone" Christ.
I believe in the fire and brimstone Christ Freak, I just don't believe in the fundie understanding of the fire and brimstone. But again these things are beyond your understanding.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
EEk gad, if you think you can only find Christ in the bible you have learned nothing. Mystic gave you his own experience of how he came to know Christ and you make jokes of it and then turn around and say no one can know Christ except in the bible. You can find Christ in all kinds of literature, from the bible to the Koran, but I would not expect you to understand that.
No, Mystic said he had a vision, and then searched for years until he found that the Christ in the Bible was the right one. CONFIRMATION BIAS. You two can't seem to understand this.

If I have a vision of Mohammed and then read the Quran and say, "This is the correct Mohammed", that is confirmation bias. Same as you two. If you find something, and then search for something that matches what you believe, that is, you guessed it, confirmation bias.

Please tell me then, since you can learn of Christ without using the Bible at all, how did you learn of Christ? Odds are, you would not even know the name Jesus Christ without having read the Bible, or being told of the Bible.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
You can even find Christ on toast.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I believe in the fire and brimstone Christ Freak, I just don't believe in the fundie understanding of the fire and brimstone. But again these things are beyond your understanding.
Your condescending tone aside (Yes I know this was to Freak), you can't believe in an all loving God/Jesus, and also believe in the fire and brimstone version. It is like saying a dictator loves his entire country, but will kill anyone who disagrees with him. That isn't all loving.

Apparently common sense is well beyond YOUR understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality