Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 05:24 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You seem confused. It's not THE church. It is some churches.

I have nothing to take up with God. He has done nothing to make me upset, displeased or unhappy . God gave Dublin a rainbow when Ireland approved same-sex marriage. There are churches filled with Christians who welcome the gay community.

But if your church chooses to discriminate and you are happy being surrounded by people who are giving the gay community the Frowny Face of Condemnation.....rest assured you are protected by the First Amendment. Which is brought to you courtesy of the government..... even though you are disappointed with it. And the American people. Even though you want to deny rights to the gay people.

Like I keep saying....it's a great country.
Since church weddings are optional, and some churches will perform gay marriages, it's not really discrimination.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
GREAT! that is what the thread is about! I am glad you caught up! And you admit you got nothing!

Then I wish you luck finding a thread on that topic Because I will school you on that thread too if you like
Nice try.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I'm glad. I seem to be a favorite with the fundies.

Except for one who has me on ignore and one who thinks I'm a meanie poopy head.
I ignore several people.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:39 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nice try.
well you just said nothing.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Since church weddings are optional, and some churches will perform gay marriages, it's not really discrimination.
Kinda like what they told black Americans when they couldn't sit at the lunch counter. "You can't eat here. But there are places that serve your kind.. So just mosey on along and eat with your own people."

They said 'it's not discrimination' too. It was called separate but equal and was declared unconstitutional by the Supremes. Lucky for you the SCOTUS is barred, by law, from telling your church what it must do. You can stand in your church doors and point the gays in the direction of the Episcopalians.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Kinda like what they told black Americans when they couldn't sit at the lunch counter. "You can't eat here. But there are places that serve your kind.. So just mosey on along and eat with your own people."

They said 'it's not discrimination' too. It was called separate but equal and was declared unconstitutional by the Supremes. Lucky for you the SCOTUS is barred, by law, from telling your church what it must do. You can stand in your church doors and point the gays in the direction of the Episcopalians.
So churches have to decide; God's law or man's law? Would you have the government overrule the churches who follow God's law? It sounds like you would. That's why we fear government/secular interference.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Without relying upon such statements as

God opposes it
The Bible says its wrong
Its a sin
My church teaches its wrong

or other such reasons that puts the blame for your attitudes on God, please explain your opposition to consenting adults having a desire to have a romantic and sexual relationship with other consenting adults of the same gender.
Please note what this thread is about. The OP asked what your opposition is without relying on the items in the OP; God opposes it, The Bible says its wrong, Its a sin, My church teaches its wrong.

Please try to stay on topic.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
So churches have to decide; God's law or man's law? Would you have the government overrule the churches who follow God's law? It sounds like you would. That's why we fear government/secular interference.
Not God.

The law you purport to follow was laid down by primitive men whom Constantine decided several hundred years later were all channeling god.

You believe them.

Normal, educated people are able to discern the nuggets of truth and wisdom from the myths and children's stories those men wrote.

Fundamentalists, alas, cannot.

Which is why they lost the segregation wars and they lost the gay wars.

And their impotent fuming is delicious.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
When churches come out from behind their stained glass windows and double white doors churches get no choice at all--the law of the land prevails. Behind those doors you can emulate Westboro Baptist Church--most folks don't care.

Government under G. Bush practiced starting wars because God told Georgie to invade Iraq. According to reports regarding a 2003 meeting GB said:

"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George,go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me: 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."
(Tamas Pataki, AGAINST RELIGION, Scribe Short Books, Victoria, Ausralia. 2007, pgs. 75-76.

The mixture of God with political agenda has always been a danger in every country. Take a look at most of the Middle Eastern nations. Or listen to "Christian" Adolf Hitler describe his view of Jesus in 1922:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who---God's truth!---was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."
(Pataki, same source, pg. 82.

So the most frightful thing for any nation is to fall into the hands of a religion which will sooner or later devolve into control by a sect or denomination.

If it ever happens in America it won't be long before executing homosexuals becomes more than the agenda of Westboro or that independent Baptist church in Phoenix---both which have publicly called for government execution of homosexuals.

Yes, jimmie, you are a part of a religion that reasonable and caring people should be very afraid of.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:07 PM

248 posts, read 175,161 times
People will find any excuse to live life without accountability for lust and temptation. On topic it does not create life, if you're not creating life you're on the path to destroying it. It's also a form of population control, a method of genocide in the guise of "love".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality