Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What I'm hip to is that you are here claiming that through "your faith" you feel you are in a position to "correct" others. As if you have special knowledge they don't have.
And you cannot choose to be silent and accept what they do or how they are...because "your faith doesn't allow it". "Smack" is my term for what you do...and have admitted you do.
Ya know...what you have been saying...is the same things that Kim Davis said!
Lucky for us though that people like you and her know what you need to know to "correct" us. And we don't have to worry about not being "corrected" and you just being silent...because "your faith won't allow it".
I must ask...what special knowledge and/or authority do you have to be "correcting" others?
I am. I do. I will.

You seem to have issue with this. Meh.. no matter. Kim Davis is using per position of power to deny LGBTQ couples their legal right to a marriage license. She broke the law. She can believe what ever she wants as long as those beliefs do not interfere with the rights of others.

I believe she should follow the law and issue licenses to the county taxpayers.

I will not be silent or silenced. Not by you or anyone else. There is not one person on this Earth who is powerful enough to silence my voice. Are you "hip" to this yet?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:32 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,708,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes I do, but I am quite certain you do not understand what it actually meant.

Colossians 2:20-23 New International Version (NIV)

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

That is clear that the carnal things we do in this world will all perish on their own with use and are of human origin. I am sure the relevant passage you refer to is in Romans 1:26-32 and you typically interpret it with a carnal mind ignoring the clear spiritual significance. What is described are behaviors engaged in without affection and under lust . . . not love. They would be just as sinful if heterosexual couples had the same reprobate state of mind.

Romans 1:26-32King James Version (KJV)

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I am sure this was your target set of verses, but as the bold reveals they all refer to those things done with a REPROBATE MIND . . . NOT a spiritual or agape-loving one. It is the state of mind that defines the behavior, not the other way around. The clarification of what kind of mind is a reprobate mind actually is revealed in the following verses.

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in Mind them that do them.

It is the taking pleasure in the reprobate nature of what is done that is the reprobate state of mind that is sinful. But an agape-loving state of mind can never be sinful because it would never want to do anything that harmed anyone else even tangentially. You cannot know what state of mind anyone has when behaving, so you have no basis to judge. what is sin. The behavior is not the basis for sinfulness. It is the state of mind that is the basis for the sinfulness as well as the behavior's affect on others.

This is the same Bible that you describe as being barbaric and sadistic, right?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Its a mental disease like depression. Also it goes against all the laws of nature, you cannot create a child through natural means, another thing, inserting into an exit hole is going against human anatomy and physics. It promotes pedophilia, yeah I said it.
While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think this one reeks of ignorance and prejudice.

Of course homosexuality is natural ... it has been observed in scores of species throughout the animal kingdom. Gay people are present in all countries, all continents, in every day and age, every type of society and social order.

It is not the duty and responsibility of every single human being to reproduce and bring in more children. Many gay and lesbian couples are nurturing and bringing up children in loving homes that have been abandoned or given up by one or more of their biological parents. Besides gay and lesbians are not sterile and they can produce children.

Gay and lesbian folks are not going "against" human anatomy or physics ... they are doing basically the same kinds of things heterosexuals do. People fall in love. Stop obsessing about what goes on in the bedroom.

Anyone who harbors such foolish and uneducated views in wallowing in the darkness of hatred and bigotry. I would invite such a person to step into the sunshine of love, tolerance, respect, and humanity.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think this one reeks of ignorance and prejudice.

Of course homosexuality is natural ... it has been observed in scores of species throughout the animal kingdom. Gay people are present in all countries, all continents, in every day and age, every type of society and social order.

It is not the duty and responsibility of every single human being to reproduce and bring in more children. Many gay and lesbian couples are nurturing and bringing up children in loving homes that have been abandoned or given up by one or more of their biological parents. Besides gay and lesbians are not sterile and they can produce children.

Gay and lesbian folks are not going "against" human anatomy or physics ... they are doing basically the same kinds of things heterosexuals do. People fall in love. Stop obsessing about what goes on in the bedroom.

Anyone who harbors such foolish and uneducated views in wallowing in the darkness of hatred and bigotry. I would invite such a person to step into the sunshine of love, tolerance, respect, and humanity.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:55 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,627,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am. I do. I will.

You seem to have issue with this. Meh.. no matter. Kim Davis is using per position of power to deny LGBTQ couples their legal right to a marriage license. She broke the law. She can believe what ever she wants as long as those beliefs do not interfere with the rights of others.

I believe she should follow the law and issue licenses to the county taxpayers.

I will not be silent or silenced. Not by you or anyone else. There is not one person on this Earth who is powerful enough to silence my voice. Are you "hip" to this yet?
You present more like Kim Davis with every post! She has said all the things you are saying. Like you...she feels that through her faith she has the right to "correct" people. She is, she does, and she will, and nothing will stop her!...just like you.
You should try "correcting" yourself...to realize people like you and Kim Davis are cut from the very same mold.
Those ISIS guys also speak similarly to you about how they will "correct" people through their faith...and that they must do it, and nothing will stop them. THAT is what I am hip to.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 PM

63,570 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This is the same Bible that you describe as being barbaric and sadistic, right?
It has barbaric and savage things in it, jeff, and much of the OT was produced by primitive minds with little actual knowledge and a lot of superstition about God and the world. They misunderstood God in their fear and ignorance and attributed everything to God, good or bad. But when read with the "mind of Christ" and the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God), the wheat can be sorted from the chaff. The OT schoolmaster stage used the fear of God to develop their self-control as the beginning of wisdom and it was passed on to succeeding generations. By the time of Christ, the fields were "ripe for harvest" and we could be taught to use our self-control to love God and each other every day and repent when we didn't. When Christ died and was "born again" as Spirit, His Holy Spirit became part of all human consciousness and connected us ALL to God. That is how He is the Way. The Comforter (His Holy Spirit) sent in His name abides with us in our consciousness as a guide to the truth God has "written in our hearts" so we do not need anyone to teach us. That is the Good News of Christ's Gospel.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:58 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
Quote:
You present more like Kim Davis with every post! She has said all the things you are saying. Like you...she feels that through her faith she has the right to "correct" people. She is, she does, and she will, and nothing will stop her!...just like you.
You should try "correcting" yourself...to realize people like you and Kim Davis are cut from the very same mold.
Those ISIS guys also speak similarly to you about how they will "correct" people through their faith...and that they must do it, and nothing will stop them. THAT is what I am hip to.
Lame.

Even for you.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:09 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,627,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Lame.

Even for you.
I find one of the best, most easily led foils...providing me with some of the best stuff I've harvested on this board in years...and you think it's lame!!?
If you mess this up for me I'll be very disappointed in you Trout.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,876,103 times
Quote:

Fo you honestly not see the difference between using your beliefs to impose restrictions of rights on other people and telling people the should not do that?

Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,876,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Fo you honestly not see the difference between using your beliefs to impose restrictions of rights on other people and telling people the should not do that?
No wonder we don't seem to be able to get through to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.