Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The things you describe are not harmful.
So you are moving your own goal posts. You were harping on about them being unnatural, I ask you about that word, and you run away from it. Because you know as well as I do that "unnatural" is not a synonym for bad or wrong. You just use the words because you have no other arguments to make.

Homosexuality is not harmful either. Promiscuity and anal sex are risky things, sure, but they are also not synonyms for homosexuality. Like JeffBase40 you complain about those things while PRETENDING you are complaining about homosexuality.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:23 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So you are moving your own goal posts. You were harping on about them being unnatural, I ask you about that word, and you run away from it. Because you know as well as I do that "unnatural" is not a synonym for bad or wrong. You just use the words because you have no other arguments to make.

Homosexuality is not harmful either. Promiscuity and anal sex are risky things, sure, but they are also not synonyms for homosexuality. Like JeffBase40 you complain about those things while PRETENDING you are complaining about homosexuality.
I don't believe I used the words "bad" or "wrong". Unnatural, yes.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
I don't believe I used the words "bad" or "wrong". Unnatural, yes.
Only it isn't unnatural. It is found all over the animal kingdom. Typing on your computer and being on this forum is unnatural, does that make it wrong, or somehow bad?

Also, you do realize, as many have already tried to tell you and Jeff, that not only homosexuals engage in anal sex right? Many heterosexual couples do that very thing. Do you have a problem with that? What about lesbians? What "harm" are they bringing themselves? What about the gay men who do not engage in anal sex? Are you against that as well?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Only it isn't unnatural. It is found all over the animal kingdom. Typing on your computer and being on this forum is unnatural, does that make it wrong, or somehow bad?

Also, you do realize, as many have already tried to tell you and Jeff, that not only homosexuals engage in anal sex right? Many heterosexual couples do that very thing. Do you have a problem with that? What about lesbians? What "harm" are they bringing themselves? What about the gay men who do not engage in anal sex? Are you against that as well?
Using a computer is not unnatural. Same sex is unnatural.

Anal sex is always harmful.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:05 PM

135 posts, read 128,085 times
Quote:

Could you please explain the requirements for something to be unnatural to you? What process do you go through to determine if something is natural or not?

I'm starting to think the process is:
Is it same sex? If yes it's unnatural. If no it's natural.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmas View Post
Could you please explain the requirements for something to be unnatural to you? What process do you go through to determine if something is natural or not?

I'm starting to think the process is:
Is it same sex? If yes it's unnatural. If no it's natural.
It's unnatural because of human anatomy/biology.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:

So computers are natural!? Are you sure you don't need some psychological help? Last I checked, computers are not found in nature...

Natural | Define Natural at Dictionary.com

adjective
existing in or formed by nature (opposed to artificial ):
a natural bridge.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:

Here are the top seven arguments--and the counter argument--that same sex sex is unnatural:

1. Only humans engage in same-sex relationships, so it must be unnatural.
False. Over 1000 species have been shown to engage in same-sex mating and pair-bonding.

2. Reproduction is the purpose of sex; same-sex intercourse cannot produce offspring; ergo, homosexuality is unnatural.
Based on an incorrect assumption. While reproduction is one function of sexual intercourse, it is far from the only one. Many animal species, including humans, engage in non-reproductive sexual behaviour. Among humans, the benefits of regular sexual intercourse are myriad. Various studies have found that it: improves one’s ability to deal with stress; lowers blood pressure; boosts antibody production; burns calories; reduces the chance of a heart attack; improves self-esteem; deepens intimacy; builds trust; etc. etc.
(But you don't want homosexuals to enjoy the myriad benefits of sex)

3. Homosexuality is an evolutionary dead-end, and would therefore not occur naturally.
False. First, a lot of genetic conditions are evolutionary dead-ends, as they cause either death in childhood or infertility. But no one denies the existence of such conditions. Natural selection does not mean that a reproductively negative trait will be eliminated in the gene pool, but only that it will not typically be selected—and so will remain relatively uncommon.

4.Since there is no proof of a gay gene, people are not born that way.
Disingenuous. This intentionally ignores that very few inherited conditions are the result of a single gene, that there are obviously epigenetic* factors at play in the development of a person’s sexuality, and that intrauterine hormones have also been shown to affect sexual orientation, gender identity, and sexual expression. Autism is also not associated with a single gene, but we’d hardly claim that it is not biological, or that children choose to be autistic.

5. Homosexuality is caused by childhood abuse, parental neglect or emotional distance, and other factors of upbringing, not biological factors.
False. Numerous scientific studies have proven this is simply not true. There is absolutely no reason to blame parents for their child’s sexual orientation. Indeed, there is no reason to “blame” anyone.

6. Sexual orientation can be changed by ex-gay therapy, so it’s not a permanent state.
False. People have been trying for at least 150 years to find techniques to change sexual orientation. While sometimes, if rarely, such technique result in changes of behavior, none result in a change of orientation. Even people who have benefited from the ex-gay movement admit it does not change orientation. As Alan Chambers, president of Exodus International (the once preeminent but now defunct ex-gay therapy program), put it in 2012, “The majority of people that I have met, and I would say the majority meaning 99.9% of them, have not experienced a change in their orientation … .”

7. If everyone were gay, the human species would die out.
That’s true. And … ? Seriously. If everyone had any number of inherited conditions the human species would die out. Are we going to judge everyone with those conditions as being sinful and/or unnatural? We have over 7 billion humans on this planet. It’s okay if a few members of the species are incapable of or disinterested in pairing up with a member of the opposite sex to produce babies. That’s also ignoring the fact that we have artificial insemination readily available.

(material by Lynette Cowper who is a Christian who is active in her church’s worship and drama ministries. As a parent of two children, one on the LGBTQIA spectrum and one on the autism spectrum, she has a deep passion toward justice for those society too often sees as outsiders.)

The entire article is available at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfunda...ing-unnatural/

jimmie, you won't change your mind about this, because that would be admitting to bigotry, so God has hardened your heart and blinded your eyes. While I think He is willing to take you in--I also think you're going to have to climb out of the grave you've dug for yourself all by yourself.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:

Do you think natural is normal, and unnatural is not normal?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
So computers are natural!? Are you sure you don't need some psychological help? Last I checked, computers are not found in nature...

Natural | Define Natural at Dictionary.com

adjective
existing in or formed by nature (opposed to artificial ):
a natural bridge.
Designing and using a tool is not unnatural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality