Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:59 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,868,571 times

Advertisements

Well if one examines those who claim to be atheists you find that they are a loose knit bunch of people many young who haven't
a clue what an atheist or agnostic is , the gamble attached to their claim the ramifications if serious. Chistians who are lukewarm (at times me included) make me sick as they don't necessarily strut around or pretend anything ,but rather they are emotionless, detached, comatose and ignorant. The amount of stewwardship (helpers) in churches are always the same spirited, suckers that do the bidding for these lame churchgoers from la la land.. Atheists and agnostics pride themselves with glowing wisdom ,philosophies and choose a hell bound option challenging whether there is a hell and simply rolling the dice. A mentally challeged christian having 500 times more intelligence than these losers. The whole bunch of christians who are tardy on scripture and the atheists /aganostics are all fulll of baloney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,297,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Well if one examines those who claim to be atheists you find that they are a loose knit bunch of people many young who haven't
a clue what an atheist or agnostic is , the gamble attached to their claim the ramifications if serious. Chistians who are lukewarm (at times me included) make me sick as they don't necessarily strut around or pretend anything ,but rather they are emotionless, detached, comatose and ignorant. The amount of stewwardship (helpers) in churches are always the same spirited, suckers that do the bidding for these lame churchgoers from la la land.. Atheists and agnostics pride themselves with glowing wisdom ,philosophies and choose a hell bound option challenging whether there is a hell and simply rolling the dice. A mentally challeged christian having 500 times more intelligence than these losers. The whole bunch of christians who are tardy on scripture and the atheists /aganostics are all fulll of baloney.

So the point of this thread is to insult all those who do not think like yourself?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 AM

10,504 posts, read 6,123,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So the point of this thread is to insult all those who do not think like yourself?
Yep that seems to be about the long and short of it.

Quote:
Well if one examines those who claim to be atheists you find that they are a loose knit bunch of people many young who haven't a clue what an atheist or agnostic is , the gamble attached to their claim the ramifications if serious. Chistians who are lukewarm (at times me included) make me sick as they don't necessarily strut around or pretend anything ,but rather they are emotionless, detached, comatose and ignorant. The amount of stewwardship (helpers) in churches are always the same spirited, suckers that do the bidding for these lame churchgoers from la la land.. Atheists and agnostics pride themselves with glowing wisdom ,philosophies and choose a hell bound option challenging whether there is a hell and simply rolling the dice. A mentally challeged christian having 500 times more intelligence than these losers. The whole bunch of christians who are tardy on scripture and the atheists /aganostics are all fulll of baloney.
What a bunch of nonsense.

Atheists play dice? Do you really think if we had any, -even the teeniset tiniest- conviction there might be a hell, we'd be 'playing dice'? I rarely use this emoticon but - .

Atheists don't believe in hell. Or god. THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM ATHEIST.

I'm constantly amazed people actually still believe in this nonsense.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,073,697 times
Quote:
Looks like it. That and wag his finger at Christians who aren't doing what he thinks they should be doing. Which seems to be a hobby for conservative Christians who quake at the thought of someone thinking for themselves. Must.do.as.they.say. Ummm....no. Everyone has a brain and some of us have no interest in shutting it off to conform.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:31 AM

19,802 posts, read 13,347,556 times
Quote:
Well if one examines those who claim to be atheists you find that they are a loose knit bunch of people
Precisely. Because atheism is simply a lack of belief in any deities. That is a very narrow basis, and a "big tent" that takes in people with a variety of views on other matters.
Quote:
... many young who haven't a clue what an atheist or agnostic is,
I'm not sure if you really meant "many" or "mainly" but either way, you are committing two fallacies here. First, asserting that all young atheists don't really understand what atheism is / isn't, and secondly, suggesting by inference that atheism is mainly the province of the young / foolish / impertinent. And really, thirdly, suggesting that you are deeply familiar with atheist demographics rather than simply having run into some atheists online who you have formed the impression about that they are young and foolish -- largely because that opinion fits your desired narrative about atheism.
Quote:
... the gamble attached to their claim the ramifications if serious.
This is Pascal's Wager and has been addressed many times. It is a flawed attempt at fear-mongering for Jesus. The wager has two huge flaws (among others) which I will highlight here: it suggests a false choice between the one true god (yours of course) and no god, when in fact it is a choice between the countless deities both proposed and not yet proposed, and none. And secondly, even if your god happens to be the correct one, you are suggesting that this god of yours is either indifferent or foolish enough to not care that someone is PRETENDING to believe in him JUST IN CASE and would somehow accept this hedge as genuine faith.
Quote:
CHristians who are lukewarm (at times me included) make me sick as they don't necessarily strut around or pretend anything ,but rather they are emotionless, detached, comatose and ignorant.
Then you might ask yourself why and how such persons, yourself admittedly included, find it difficult to be inspired by the value propositions of your belief system. Maybe it is because at some level they know that these value propositions are uninspiring and unconvincing?
Quote:
THe amount od [sic] stewwardship [sic] (helpers) in churches are always the same spirited, suckers that do the bidding for these lame churchgoers from la la land.. Atheists and aanostics [sic] pride themselves with glowing wisdom ,philosophies and choose a hell bound option challenging whether there is a hell and simply rolling the dice. A mentally challeged [sic] christian having 500 times more intelligence than these losers. The whole bunch of christians who are tardy on scripture and the atheists /aganostics [sic] are all fulll [sic] of baloney.
For someone with 500 times more intelligence than me you shur due spel gud, and speek wel of ur lazee fello belivers.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:38 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,128,555 times
Quote:
That's pretty much every single post made on here by a non-Christian lately.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:58 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,563,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Well,..I rather think it is more the Christian apologists taking it personally when their arguments are trashed, getting irascible and then crying unfair when they get the same back.

But I can also think of some atheist posts going in mob -handed to attack Christianity. I always rather prefer to ignore the tone of voice and epithets and examine what actually is being said.

In this particular case, there is no need for me to comment...but I felt that you deserved a response old chum.

Wherever the truth of the who was narsty first debate lies, the relevant fact is who has the best case, not how nice or nasty they are in expressing it.

So far as I can see from the OP, there is a beef with agnostics, atheists and Lukewarm Christians all finding themselves on the same page, under the same marquee and in unexpected agreement is opposing organized religious, Church dogma, fundamentalist interference in society and probably money -grubbing professional evangelists, too. Well, we knew that a long time ago and we are fine with it.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:00 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,380,548 times
Quote:
Your reading comprehension could use some work, Preach.

From the OP:

" Chistians who are lukewarm (at times me included) "

He is a Christian. Maybe you will say he isn't a TRUE Christian, but he believes himself to be one apparently. But who knows, the whole post is very difficult to read, so...

Old 10-01-2015, 02:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,888,894 times
Quote:
You mean like Woodrow Li?

I would disagree with you on that a lot! He makes some significant and erudite comments with regard to his religion. As does Katzpur, who you probably don't think is a Christian.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:20 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,352,121 times
I think the "Those Christians annoy me as much as those atheists" narrative has been done before there OP. Anything original to add at all? No? Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality