Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 05:13 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I agree with the above.

It is as good as;
all humans breathe,
A Muslim breathe
Therefore all humans are Muslims.
What if the definition of Muslim were a person who performs the act of Breathing?

The Definition of Muslim is a person who performs the act of Islam.

The definition of Islam is submitting to God(swt)

I will agree there are Jews and Christians that do not perform Islam and are not Muslims. Their words and actions indicate they do not follow, worship or submit to God(swt) Some may not even believe in the existence of God(swt) but it is obvious they are not Muslim They them self will admit they do not perform Islam

Because a person tells me they are a Jew or Christian I do not assume they perform Islam. I rely on their actions and words to do that.

Same with the Prophets of the Past. If they show they are truly following God(swt) they are showing they are performing Islam and are therefore Muslim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 08:56 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,211 times
Adam is a character in a fable written by superstitious people 2,000 years ago.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:33 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
According the above, Jews, Christians, Sabeans submitted to God, therefore they perform Islam and thus are Muslims.
Adam submitted to God, therefore he was the first Muslim man.

Do Jews and Christians agree with the above claims?
This is like asking if anyone agrees that Santa uses Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas eve. Given that the entire premise of what you are asking stems from myth and nonsense, any answer has no real meaning.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:01 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Adam is a character in a fable written by superstitious people 2,000 years ago.

2,000 years ago? You're thinking of Jesus. Adam was created, not borne, some 10,000 ago.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:35 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that is incorrect, Judaism recognizes other religions as a valid path to God, and that God is accesible to everyone, regardless of religion.

Will you please provide reference to what you said?

Judaism's purpose is to carry out what it holds to be the only Covenant between God and the Jewish people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Judaism

How "the only" covenant is "recognizing other religions"? And if that's the case, how is what you said in line with your own words:

I am Jewish; to be labelled Muslim is offensive, arrogant, ugly, and disrespectful to an extreme degree to me as a Jew
it is incorrect, dishonest, deceptive, and insulting. it is condescending and patronizing and degrading.

If you were following Judaism, and recognizing Islam, as other religion to god, why are you so offended?

I'd be delighted to learn that Judaism indeed is what you said it is. From say Torah.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:41 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
I have heard that Adam was either the first Jehova's Witness or else the first Reformed Protestant.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:51 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
If you were following Judaism, and recognizing Islam, as other religion to god, why are you so offended?
the offensive part for me is not that there are other religions. God made many religions so people everywhere could be reached. the offensive part for me is stating that Christians and Jews and Mormons are all Muslims. it is offensive because it is a deliberate deception. it is offensive in the same way a bait and switch is, using slippery words in a dishonest way to deliberately misrepresent something, with an entirely self-serving motive.

a thief can write on a piece of paper that they own my house. but all they are doing is revealing that they are a thief trying to steal my house with a forged document. also it is a form of identity theft, using my name as endorsement for something without my permission.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-10-2015 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I have heard that Adam was either the first Jehova's Witness or else the first Reformed Protestant.
Makes no different what his religion was/is named he was the first Human to perform the act of Islam. (Submission to God) A person who performs Islam is called a Mu'Islam (Muslim in English) (Musulman in French) (Musulmán in Spanish) ( мусульманин [musul'manin] in Russian)

Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
it is also a form of genocide, seeking to destroy an identity, and replace it by force against a person's will without their permission, with an imposed other name forced upon them. Such as when the early American settlers committed genocide against the Native Americans in the land now called North America. When children were sent to missionary schools, they were given a different name, chosen by the people seeking to subjugate them, "John" or "Mary" instead of the names their beloved family had given them.

the intention and motivation are the same: genocide and destruction of a people and an identity. Muslims renaming others forcibly against their will. Same thing: Subjugation. Genocide.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-10-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Makes no different what his religion was/is named he was the first Human to perform the act of Islam. (Submission to God) A person who performs Islam is called a Mu'Islam (Muslim in English) (Musulman in French) (Musulmán in Spanish) ( мусульманин [musul'manin] in Russian)
Correct me if I'm wrong but Adam did not submit to God. He was expelled from the garden of Eden remember, for lack of submission.

Last edited by 303Guy; 10-10-2015 at 09:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality