Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 11:01 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
... brain cells, that is.

What a fruitcake that guy is, and even more amazing, that there are people, in large numbers, who swallow his crock of scat he slings about.

Now he jumps on what a lot of fundies subscribe to, the "there ain't no climate change man is impacting, so jist keep on prayin' kids" bandwagon.

His blog:

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/k...nge-alarmists/

The wingnut concludes with:
We don’t need to be concerned about drastic climate change. Our climate, and the checks and balances that keep it operating within safe parameters, were designed by an all-wise Creator. And when you start with a biblical view of Earth’s history, you reach an entirely different conclusion about the nature and cause of climate change.
Don't worry, be happy was his theme song 20 years ago, I bet.
He's right, of course. There has been no measurable man-made climate change. You do realize that it wasn't that long ago they were concerned about an ice-age, right?

The earth is bigger than us. I'm not arrogant enough to believe that we have the power that they think we do to change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:16 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He's right, of course. There has been no measurable man-made climate change. You do realize that it wasn't that long ago they were concerned about an ice-age, right?

The earth is bigger than us. I'm not arrogant enough to believe that we have the power that they think we do to change it.
Really, Vizio re: the bolded?

Here are some facts to chew on. You like facts right? (occasionally at least)

Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Really, Vizio re: the bolded?

Here are some facts to chew on. You like facts right? (occasionally at least)
OK? So not everyone predicted it. And? You do realize that there are dissenters now to the global warming doom and gloom, right?

But for kicks....suppose we have created warming....what do you propose we do about it? There is nothing America can do to stop it on our own, and other countries like China are not going to cooperate with economy-killing emissions cuts.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:38 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
I suppose climate change would be a whole different topic. But it's not unusual for creationists like Ham to get into the climate change denial stuff too. Some creationists get into things like the anti-vaccination movement.

There's a joke that goes something like this:

"A creationist, a 9-11 truther, an anti-vaxer, and a global warming denialist walk into a bar. He orders a drink."

Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I suppose climate change would be a whole different topic. But it's not unusual for creationists like Ham to get into the climate change denial stuff too. Some creationists get into things like the anti-vaccination movement.
Kind of weird, but not all anti-vaxers are creationists...

Old 10-30-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:

There's a joke that goes something like this:

"A creationist, a 9-11 truther, an anti-vaxer, and a global warming denialist walk into a bar. He orders a drink."
I think his point is that God knew what he was doing when he created the Earth. The Earth is a marvelous self-regulating environment. God is in control--and he showed it when he created it.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:56 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
I think his point is that God knew what he was doing when he created the Earth. The Earth is a marvelous self-regulating environment. God is in control--and he showed it when he created it.
Apparently God is getting a little chilly. He keeps adjusting the thermostat upward every couple of years. He must not be related to my father.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Apparently God is getting a little chilly. He keeps adjusting the thermostat upward every couple of years. He must not be related to my father.
Didn't algore predict that the polar caps would be gone by now? Funny how that hasn't happened. I'm sorry, Freak...I'm just not seeing it.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:08 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
This sort of thinking is the reason why "New atheists" have to do what they do. The religious fundies have to be deleted as influences on society or the policy would be: "Just carry on ...God has everything under control..."

Old 10-30-2015, 12:10 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Didn't algore predict that the polar caps would be gone by now? Funny how that hasn't happened. I'm sorry, Freak...I'm just not seeing it.
algore, or we assume you mean Al Gore, is not a scientist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality