Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Jeff, you forgot to mention to people here on this forum that God does heed His warning, I think 120 years was ample amount of time, since no one here presently lives that long here on Earth except for a tiny few. But no the multitudes just laughed at Noah and lived in their godless ways. . Same with Sodom and Gomorrah except this dealt with numbers of believers that could not be found, I mean 5 or 10 , give me a break. Just that small amount and it would have been saved, what a wicked and evil place. People chose to live in their debauchery, foolishness and evil ways.
Children, this is your brain on drugs, err... religion. To actually believe that the ENTIRETY of the world was wicked, except for a few chosen people, is so blatantly idiotic that it make me wonder why you don't even question it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 02:47 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Children, this is your brain on drugs, err... religion. To actually believe that the ENTIRETY of the world was wicked, except for a few chosen people, is so blatantly idiotic that it make me wonder why you don't even question it.
Call me an idiot but I am going to Heaven, I am getting on board that ark in a manner of speaking.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:51 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Everyone is wicked except the Chosen Few: Noah and his family, and a few Southern Baptists.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:53 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Call me an idiot but I am going to Heaven, I am getting on board that ark in a manner of speaking.
Well, I didn't say you WERE an idiot, I said that view is idiotic. You know, how you guys say you don't hate gays, you just hate their lifestyle?

If your God is petty enough to keep me out of his heaven for not believing in him, then I don't want to be there Perry. I am not a parrot, or robot like you guys.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You are confusing "God" with just the one Deity (out of thousands upon thousands) described in that single (out of thousands upon thousands) theological writing known as The Bible.
This is where you, and most others, are messing up.
"God" is "All the Energy/Matter that Exists and Has Existed" (to ME...which is all that counts TO ME)....and thus everything that has ever occurred in the history of the Universe has happened by and through God. Necessarily to include how anyone, anywhere, at any time, ever raised or treated their children. Annnnnnnd, also includes whatever has ever happened to anyone, or anything, EVER. EVERYTHING is by and through "God"...and IS "God".
So...there ya go. I hope that has cleared things up for you, et al,... and led you, et al, to greater understanding.
er, hmmm...yeah sure? Guess my posts are read as much as I though eh?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So what do you suppose God saw in a toddler's heart that made that toddler deserve death-by-drowning? Any theories? Were wicked toddlers roaming the earth?

What did they tell you in Bible study, Jeff? Did you just nod your head and accept that kids deserved to breathe in filthy, mucky water and die a horrid death separated from their mothers? After learning about the wicked children wiped out during the flood did you go out for Sunday brunch?
Hitler was once a toddler.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
If I were able to see know and do anything and everything, i would have dealt with ISIS long since and without carpet bombing everybody there including those who were nothing to do with it.

"Kill them all -God will know his own" eh Jeff?

But oo noo God had to destroy the entire freakin' world apart from a family who were no better than they should be by the sound of it.

And ISIS just are left to carry on just as they are. Get real jeff There's no god looking after anything. If we don't see to it - nobody will.

The work I have to do to keep my daily hits above 10,000

That's the irony. You don't know everything. God does. So how is it that you think you can come up with a more moral solution than God to a situation without having the supreme knowledge to know all the facts? No, it's much easier to just write God off as being sadistic.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So what do you suppose God saw in a toddler's heart that made that toddler deserve death-by-drowning? Any theories? Were wicked toddlers roaming the earth?

What did they tell you in Bible study, Jeff? Did you just nod your head and accept that kids deserved to breathe in filthy, mucky water and die a horrid death separated from their mothers? After learning about the wicked children wiped out during the flood did you go out for Sunday brunch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Hitler was once a toddler.
That is your answer???? Godwin help us! You absolutely refuse to think about anything you have been told to believe. Sad, very sad.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is your answer???? Godwin help us! You absolutely refuse to think about anything you have been told to believe. Sad, very sad.
Do you ever ONCE just ONCE defend Christianity?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Do you ever ONCE just ONCE defend Christianity?
Is that really what you think you're doing?

Honestly?

Well, sorry jeff. But you are failing on an epic, Eusie-like scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality