Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 07:04 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times

Advertisements

Human Evolution - Australian Museum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 07:06 PM

https://www.khanacademy.org/partner-...the-human-past

Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times
Now were are at page 49 and STILL there are no sound or credible verifiable scientific objections to Evolution.

Again, not surprised in the least.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:40 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Now were are at page 49 and STILL there are no sound or credible verifiable scientific objections to Evolution.

Again, not surprised in the least.
And no scientific observable evidence in support of human evolution either.

Both camps have seen signs where they have connected the dots and form their FAITH - be it evolunist or creationist. None can provide an observable scientific evidence - both have their own faith.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Both camps have seen signs where they have connected the dots and form their FAITH - be it evolunist or creationist. None can provide an observable scientific evidence - both have their own faith.
Only one camp - yours - remains deliberately blind to the truth.

You bring shame to your Creator.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:57 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You could try a simple Google search for "human evolution evidence."
I make it a personal policy to stay out of debates with those that endorse Creationism...I don't have the temperament for it.
But I kinda like threads like this...it helps everyone understand why we humans are so heavily believers in GOD(s), or not.
It's all very "scientific" really.

Humans have evolved, over time, both physically AND mentally.
One of the most basic mechanisms of Evolution works like so: The "natural selection" of what survives and what doesn't, is based on the living things that have the "traits" that make them the "most fit", and thus the best adapted to the environment/situation/conditions they are living in, compared to the "less fit" that possess "traits" that are less advantageous to them. Over time the "most fit"...the ones with the "best traits"...will present in much greater numbers. We can then determine, that if at any given time a trait presents in a vast majority of a species...that trait is "the best" trait to have. If it wasn't the best trait...some other trait would present more prevalently.

Based on the fact that almost 90% of humans present with the "mental trait" of Belief in a God, and only a little over 10% present with the "mental trait" of Nonbelief...the ONLY conclusion that can be made is that the trait of Nonbelief (Atheism) is what you would find in "less mentally fit" humans...and the trait of Belief in a God (Theism) is indicative of the "most mentally fit" humans.
Furthermore, it can be determined that the "less fit" Atheists could IMPROVE their "fitness" by acquiring the trait of Belief in a God.

So, based on the "Scientific Evidence" the Atheists would be enhanced if they were Believers...and the Believers would be diminished if they were Atheists. According to the concept of Natural Selection/Survival of the Fittest, that is.
Of course, if Evolutionary Theory isn't valid...it doesn't matter. But I hold evolution to be fully valid...so these MUST BE THE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN OBJECTIVE FACTS OF THE MATTER.

As for the current "spread" change of Theism-Atheism...it is expected there will be a fluctuation to some degree...like with a species hit by a germ/virus, or environmental condition that reduces its numbers for a time...but then a resistance is built to it...and it comes back even stronger.
That's what you are seeing at the moment...and will see in the future: Atheism is like a "germ" to Theism, that has infected Theism for this time in some places, but Theism will develop a "resistance" to it, and come back ever stronger against it.
Plus, there will always be the Atheists that are simply those that are the "regressed"...the odd "throwbacks", so to speak...that are presenting as mankind did before the "mental evolution" that developed to produce "Belief". Or, just as some are born blind, or deformed, they are afflicted in that way...to lack a "normal" trait that the vast majority have.
They will fizzle out after a while...as evolution has proved they are "less fit" than Theists, since NO trait will ever present at a 90% saturation of a species, spread out over the entire Earth in all kinds of different conditions, unless it is the "best trait".

As soon as everyone gets hip to this...they will be on the road to understanding The Reality of The Way of the World as respects Theism VS Atheism, and why it is the way it is...and why some don't believe God exists while most (and that would be MOST) do.
Those that don't believe are simply the regressed, "throwbacks"...that present with traits going back to before man even considered God(s). Or those with deficient traits...the rare mentally challenged that lack the "normal" trait of God belief. They may even excel in other traits, mentally and/or physically...but they don't in that trait.
THAT is the reason some don't believe God(s) exist(s).

Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:

Lol. Did you notice that I posted a few links to some related websites?

Or did you just ignore them?

Old 11-17-2015, 08:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
I am so confused, do I use the universities and professional science associations or some random guy on the Internet to decide what is or is not science?

Should I use a textbook on human evolution or a random 3 minute youtube video to understand human evolution.

Should I use scholarly texts on a particular religion or some random guy on a forum to find out the Tennant of that religion,

Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times
Quote:
It's there you just don't possess the education or sophistication to understand it.

There is no excuse for this level of incomprehension in today's world of information technology.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:10 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am so confused, do I use the universities and professional science associations or some random guy on the Internet to decide what is or is not science?

Should I use a textbook on human evolution or a random 3 minute youtube video to understand human evolution.

Should I use scholarly texts on a particular religion or some random guy on a forum to find out the Tennant of that religion,
That's a hard one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality