U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well?
I'm voting for him 1 11.11%
Sorry, human leaders only 3 33.33%
I dunno where he stands politically 1 11.11%
I'm voting for the opposing party 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 AM

20,598 posts, read 22,764,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't understand the question.
I think it is asking would you enjoy living under Christian Sharia Law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 06:51 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,843,341 times
The Bible, taken as a whole, demonstrates that God is far too psychotic to trust as dog-catcher, much less any more significant office. In a three-way election between God, Darth Vader, and Sauron, one could be hard-pressed to figure out which pretend lunatic would be less disastrous in office than the other two.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:52 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,615,444 times
That would be a really, really big ticket given the vast number of gods people have and are believing in then and now. I would vote for None of the Above as most gods have resulted in vast murders in their names and their religions are based on unverifiable magic.

I have yet to hear of a scientifically literate politically aggressive atheist calling for the mass murder of religious believers.

Note - there are a few exceptions.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:59 AM

13,209 posts, read 7,432,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
OP,

Please define what is God mean to you?
My thought exactly. I'm skeptical of God's existence anyway, but if he (they) existed, I don't know whether I'd vote for him (them) because I don't know which version of him (them) is the true one. Assuming God is the way I envision, I lean toward Wiccan beliefs, and I would vote for him (actually her) over any of these slimy politicians. The Wiccan religion is liberal and the Wiccan Rede, its main tenet, is "As it harms none, do what you will." Politicians could learn by practicing this simple creed. Very interesting thread, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or