U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:21 PM

7,748 posts, read 3,435,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
According to the Bible, the Christian God actually has a higher body count than Satan does:

Examples of God personally killing people

Examples of Satan personally killing people

So if you go purely by the numbers, spending eternity with Satan would actually be the lesser of the two evils.

Ultimately, neither creature is real, so it's like arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
Lol so now you are down to arguing a numbers game? Even with that game, the results are not true. Satan is indirectly responsible for a large number of suicides as thoughts of depression, hopelessness, self defeating are injected directly from Him. Demonic thoughts have led countless people to commit great acts of violence and murder like mass shootings. And let's not forget abusive behavior which can lead to generational demonic influences. People who are abused as children often become abusers themselves. It's a horrible cycle. And I have no doubt Satan played a role in pretty much every war in human history.

That's a heck of a body count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:59 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,419,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol so now you are down to arguing a numbers game? Even with that game, the results are not true. Satan is indirectly responsible for a large number of suicides as thoughts of depression, hopelessness, self defeating are injected directly from Him. Demonic thoughts have led countless people to commit great acts of violence and murder like mass shootings. And let's not forget abusive behavior which can lead to generational demonic influences. People who are abused as children often become abusers themselves. It's a horrible cycle. And I have no doubt Satan played a role in pretty much every war in human history.

That's a heck of a Satan-filled rant. Is he in your thoughts a lot?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM

22,161 posts, read 26,677,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
In ten billion years it will become boring.

In ten bilion years you will be so tired of each other you would want to kill that someone.

I would not mind living to be a hundred (provided I will stay in reasonable physical and mental health). After that I am ready to start fertilizing the flowers.

Even my Gods do not live forever.
From what I've read, it is not possible to be bored in the afterlife (heaven). However, one can always choose to reincarnate into another (mortal) life.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:07 PM

12,920 posts, read 4,956,956 times
Quote:

Oh really?

The homeless guy downtown disagrees. He told me that everything on earth is controlled by Invisible Space Crabs living on the planet Jupiter.

So who should I believe, Jeff? Him or you?

You tell me.

Last edited by Freak80; 11-06-2015 at 03:19 PM..

Old 11-06-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's a heck of a Satan-filled rant. Is he in your thoughts a lot?
I constantly have to rebuke Him because I am often under attack.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:13 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,419,108 times
Quote:
I constantly have to rebuke Him because I am often under attack.
So you are in communication with the devil. Interesting.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Oh really?

The homeless guy downtown disagrees. Here told me that everything on earth is controlled by Invisible Space Crabs living on the planet Jupiter.

So who should I believe? Him or you?

You tell me.

Proof of Invisible Space Crabs - 0

Proof of God or Satan - too many to count

Hey you be the judge. I tell ya what, in honor of the new James Bond flick, I'll share a James Bond related event that I believe is pretty compelling evidence especially since it has nothing to do with claims by Christians. Check out the flaming hand story from License to Kill.

Here we have a supernatural event witnessed by several crew members:

James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007

No doubt, you'll just laugh it off, but if the photo doesn't impress you, maybe the account of a truck starting and driving by itself and seeing apparitions will give you pause.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:24 PM

1,721 posts, read 953,039 times
Quote:
Proof of Invisible Space Crabs - 0

Proof of God or Satan - too many to count.
We know crabs exist - both the crustaceans and the pubic lice, so it's possible space crabs exist; maybe even invisible space crabs. So maybe god is actually space crabs; either crustaceans in space or pubic lice in space. It's just as possible since there no evidence for invisible space crabs or an invisible god.

So, you actually believe mental illness is not neurological, but rather caused by satan? Seriously?

Old 11-08-2015, 09:17 PM

2,827 posts, read 1,761,997 times
Quote:
According to the Bible, the Christian God actually has a higher body count than Satan does:

Examples of God personally killing people

Examples of Satan personally killing people

So if you go purely by the numbers, spending eternity with Satan would actually be the lesser of the two evils.

Ultimately, neither creature is real, so it's like arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
Actually, given the massive number of people who die every day (7.89 per 1,000), this is pretty convincing proof of the existence of God, given the above. On the other hand, there is no conclusive proof that the evil in this world is not very much human-made.

The most interesting part of this was the math calculation of how many people die in the Armageddon.

Quote:
How many people will die at the Battle of Armageddon?

Let's assume that 1600 stadia (320 kilometres = 320,000 metres) is the diameter of the lake of blood. Therefore the radius is 800 stadia or 160km. Let's also assume that a horse's bridle is approximately 1.5 metres from the ground, giving us its depth.
We can then calculate the volume of blood using the formula: V = πr2h. Using biblical value of π = 3 we get the formula:
3 160,000 160,000 1.5 = 115200000000 = 1.1521011 cubic metres of blood. 1 cubic metre = 1000 litres
115200000000 1000 = 115200000000000 = 1.1521014 litres of blood
If we divide this number by the average amount of blood in a human body, 5.5 litres:
115,200,000,000,000 ∕ 5.5 = 20,945,454,545,500 So we find that according to scripture, at a bare minimum according to one interpretation, God will kill approximately 20,945,454,545,500 people. That's in the trillions.
However, since it says flows and not pools, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that a river was formed. Assuming they measured the the blood-flow using actual horses, and a horse is 1 metre across.
320,000 x 1 x 1.5 = 480,000 cubic metres of blood. 480,000 x 1000 = 480,000,000
480,000,000 / 5.5 = 87,272,727
So, in another interpretation, God will kill a minimum of 87,272,727 to produce a horse bridle high blood-flow.
I've never seen such serious math formula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality