U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

20,766 posts, read 22,940,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is their choice to make. If they are not happy with their church, they can either stay and disagree, or they can leave.
Can't they stick their own 95 THESES to the temple door and demand reform?

Old 11-12-2015, 03:03 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What a load of crap this article is. Specifically, and I quote:

"Because leaving the LDS requires certain legal proceedings, Utah attorney Mark Naugle has volunteered to help with the paperwork; notary publics will also be in attendance. In an interview with local outlet KIVI-TV, Naugle said he has 1,400 resignations already in the works, and the Facebook event for Saturday has almost 1,000 confirmed attendees."

Leaving the Church requires legal proceedings and Utah attorney Mark Naugle has volunteered to help with the paperwork? Are you serious?

I'm not saying that a lot of Mormons don't disagree with this new policy. They do and I'm one of them. But let's get real here. If you are so gullible as to buy into the nonsense printed in that article, I feel for you.
Isn't the RLDS denomination more accepting of gay people? I thought I read that somewhere. I had a friend in school who was RLDS.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:07 PM

15,399 posts, read 25,779,526 times
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't see the problem with the change. It is not a change in the Churches doctrine or beliefs. It is not even a change in how the Church opperates when someone is living in clear violation of the Churches teachings.

In the Church when a family has a baby the child is given a name and a blessing in the Church. In the past this has taken place on the first Sunday of the month. Not to be confused with a Priesthood blessing when someone is sick or maybe in the hospital or something. Normally when a baby recieves a name and a blessing this creates a membership record for the baby. Not having this take place does not keep someone from getting a priesthood blessing of comfort or to be healed from a physical problem or illness.

Children born into families that practice plural marriage have had to do the same thing. They can not recieve a name and a blessing or get baptized. When they are 18 they can get baptized at that time if they have shown that they do not believe in plural marriage.

Waiting until they are 18 will not hurt the children. Many people join the Church at that age and much older. Getting baptized as an adult has not hurt anyone else that did it.

Here is the deal. The question should be: Do you believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true Church on the Earth. God is not a God of confusion. Their really can be only one true church. If this is it then what they do as a Church should not matter. If it is not the true church then it does not matter. All you need to do is find out, Is the Book of Mormon the word of God. Is it a true book. Did Jesus Christ restore his Church to the Earth and in so doing was the Church that he restored to the Earth the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If Jesus did just what Joseph Smith said he did then it does not matter with what the Churches take on Gay marriage. If it is all a fraud and never happened then it does not matter because why in the world would anyone want to be associated with a Church that they did not know was the true church.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:31 PM

13,079 posts, read 12,624,674 times
They of course have the right to require pretty much anything of their members within the bounds of legality. Should they? Absolutely not. This latest move is stomach-churningly cruel and pathologically controlling.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:39 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,147,676 times
Closed pending review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or