Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:43 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,915,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And thank you! Because of all of your whacky videos and odd theories, (the very best being Noah and His Amazing Freeze Dried Koala Chow) and the links you've posted to blogs written by people who see themselves as some kind of experts on subjects they know nothing about, a lot of actual science has been posted on these threads by some obviously intelligent people.

Who knows how many CD regulars and lurkers have been educated because those people took the time to respond to your posts.So thank you, Eusie. Thank you for being you.

But a bigger thanks to the CD posters who actually know and understand science. Y'all rock!
That's interesting. I see you still feel the need that you have to attack. Attacking another poster is a sure
sign the one attacking is insecure. I think the almost 8 million people who have read my posts
have greatly benefited in showing them how to properly think and how to take apart an argument the
arguer thinks is unassailable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 11:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,126,831 times
I've just been trying to figure out what the heck this thread about astronomy has to do with Religion and Spirituality.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've just been trying to figure out what the heck this thread about astronomy has to do with Religion and Spirituality.
Yea, me too. Posters are often not very careful readers. Most are just drive-by snipers who shoot at the hip and hope to make a mess of it all and stir up strife.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,074,720 times
Quote:
Because your god lives in heaven and heaven is supposedly somewhere "out there."

Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM

18,453 posts, read 9,094,283 times
Quote:
Quite a lot, since the topic is about planets forming naturally by gravity, rather than by supernatural agents.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:58 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,074,720 times
Quote:
And thank you! Because of all of your whacky videos and odd theories, (the very best being Noah and His Amazing Freeze Dried Koala Chow) and the links you've posted to blogs written by people who see themselves as some kind of experts on subjects they know nothing about, a lot of actual science has been posted on these threads by some obviously intelligent people.

Who knows how many CD regulars and lurkers have been educated because those people took the time to respond to your posts.So thank you, Eusie. Thank you for being you.

But a bigger thanks to the CD posters who actually know and understand science. Y'all rock!
Truth.

Eusie, GoCardinals, jeff and Vizio et al do tremendous work illustrating how people thought in the 1st century.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,887,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's interesting. I see you still feel the need that you have to attack. Attacking another poster is a sure
sign the one attacking is insecure. I think the almost 8 million people who have read my posts
have greatly benefited in showing them how to properly think and how to take apart an argument the
I love it when you show that you have a sense of humor.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,070,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I think the almost 8 million people who have read my posts
The Nobel Committee might like to know about your work. (I highly doubt any of them are hanging out on CD so they won't have a chance to laugh their heads o..... I mean benefit from your posts.) Unfortunately for you.... you can't nominate yourself. But, since you've decided eight million people are benefiting from the stuff you put on the internet, perhaps one of them will step up and do the right thing as a grateful recipient of your knowledge.

Nomination and Selection of the Nobel Prizes

They might appreciate an explanation of your work observing the Orion Nebula and why YOU are right and the scientists and astronomers referenced in the OP are wrong.

p.s. "Because I say so" will probably get your entry tossed in the trash.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-20-2015 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-20-2015, 01:49 PM

10,939 posts, read 5,907,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Truth.

Eusie, GoCardinals, jeff and Vizio et al do tremendous work illustrating how people thought in the 1st century.
They demonstrate how evolution works. Evolution occurs in the main population body. Some do not acquire that evolutionary trend and remain in their original form. This is pretty much what happened to our early common ancestor. One group branched off on a new evolutionary line while the original population pretty much stayed the same. They did evolve though but at a different rate and in a different direction but they remained pretty close to the original ancestor. A chimps brain isn't that much different to our original common ancestors brain. They're still pretty smart though, smarter than us in some ways but they never evolved the speech center that we did. They can learn sign language and communicate with us! That's amazing.

The same thing can be observed in early modern humans. Our original ancestors still exist in the form of the San peoples. The original cave man, still living in the same way. They are pretty smart people too.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
The Nobel Committee might like to know about your work. (I highly doubt any of them are hanging out on CD so they won't have a chance to laugh their heads o..... I mean benefit from your posts.) Unfortunately for you.... you can't nominate yourself. But, since you've decided eight million people are benefiting from the stuff you put on the internet, perhaps one of them will step up and do the right thing as a grateful recipient of your knowledge.

Nomination and Selection of the Nobel Prizes

They might appreciate an explanation of your work observing the Orion Nebula and why YOU are right and the scientists and astronomers referenced in the OP are wrong.

p.s. "Because I say so" will probably get your entry tossed in the trash.
If I said what I wanted to about your pathetic rant above, I would be lowering myself to a sub human level of yours. But I like the fresh air up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality