Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 12:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
You've been arguing this whole time and you still don't know what this thread is about? We are on page 16 for Gods sake
Arguing?

Actually I have been posting links so that you can educate yourself about Evolution and discover for yourself that there is no creator or ID involved in the process.

I as well as Nozz and a few others have asked you specific questions that you have failed to address.

Why is that?

Old 11-26-2015, 07:02 PM

11,016 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That is such an unsupported plonking denial claim that it isn't even an argument. It is trashtalk. The only way you can score points. I just wonder why.

You have a book of dubious stories and the chapter 1 is palpable myth. Your efforts to make it look feasible were a mix of rewriting what the Bible actually says and denial of refutation of that attempt. As in all Creationists arguments, you have no good evidence at all and can only try to fiddle it to fit the facts or fiddle the facts to fit the Bible.
Ooooh! You cut 'em sharp!

I'm going to start awarding Samurai points for sharply cutting 'em down! So whenever you see this image, it's a Samurai point.

P.S. I'm glad we're on the same side.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Arguing?

Actually I have been posting links so that you can educate yourself about Evolution and discover for yourself that there is no creator or ID involved in the process.

I as well as Nozz and a few others have asked you specific questions that you have failed to address.

Why is that?
Yeah, I asked granpa whether he was a scientists because he said 'we' and 'scientist' in the same sentence.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Your faith is very strong.

Just goes to prove that even if one has 20 PhD's in varried sciences that they can still be ___ _____ for believing in evolution.
And for you I shall award Cool Hand Luke awards - for coming at us with nothing.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Christians don't normally claim we have mountains of verifiable evidence for creation or God or whatever is scriptural.

Evolutionists tell us they have mountains of verifiable evidence for evolution. But that is actually being dishonest since they don't have any evidence mankind evolved from a single cell.

I just want the evolutionists to come clean with the fact that their religion is faith based just as our religion is.
Oh Eusebius! Have I not already explained that we did not come from a single cell and that no qualified person is making such a claim (you are making that claim, be it in the negative, but you are not qualified). So let me say this once again, just for the record, we did not evolve from one single cell (there were multiple billions of them already!) No complex (multi-celled) organism ever did (unless you consider our development from a single cell in our mother's womb, which we did by the way). I guess I'll have to repeat this again next week. Sigh!

P.S. No Cool Hand Luke award this time.

Last edited by 303Guy; 11-26-2015 at 08:56 PM..

Old 11-26-2015, 08:01 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
For the umpteenth time I am not doubting that evolution occurs.

How many times are you going to make me repeat that?
You're arguing evolution was guided by God. The theory of evolution does not in any way require the intervention by a divine being. No evidence exists to suggest such a need exists.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:37 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:
You've been arguing this whole time and you still don't know what this thread is about? We are on page 16 for Gods sake
Given you have ignored the one post on the whole thread that directly addresses what the thread is about, I fear blame for this has to go to you. No one else. And that people are now starting to question your agenda here therefore, is also entirely your own doing.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:17 AM

380 posts, read 201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Given you have ignored the one post on the whole thread that directly addresses what the thread is about, I fear blame for this has to go to you. No one else. And that people are now starting to question your agenda here therefore, is also entirely your own doing.
Bingo! Thank you sir!

I'm not sure which post you have in mind, but my post 10 pages ago certainly fits the description.
It addressees directly what the thread is about and it was completely ignored.

Let me re post it here.

Quote:
Quote:
So we've reached that point in the thread where you don't even try to respond to anything I say and instead just try to provoke me into saying something that you can twist around and use against me?
Well, we reached the point where we do have to address something you said.

Namely this

Quote:
Do you or do you not know beyond a reasonable doubt that there is no intelligence involved in macro evolution?

I don't really get it. Please, explain.
Are you asking to prove negative position?
Are you asking to prove what is, by definition, a default position of any rational person on anything?
I am a rational person, so "no, never, don't" is my my default respond to any claim, including any claim on evolution. Including claims on involvement in evolution of some sort of "intelligence"

Not only it is my default respond to any claim, it is, at the same time, a null hypothesis for those who make any positive claim, like claim on involvement in evolution of some sort of "intelligence".
Those who make claim must falsify this null hypothesis in order for their claim to be taken seriously.
If they can not do it, then their claim is nothing more but making stuff up, no matter how near and dear to their hearts this making stuff up is.

Whether you make any claim on evolution or not I don't know and I don't care.
If you do, then please make your case and falsify this null hypothesis - no intelligence was ever involved in evolution.
If you don't - great.
But please, make sure that you don't make nonsensical demands and don't build a thread on and around nonsense.
Or, at least, explain why you think your demands do make sense
Well, I can not really blame granpa. If I had his agenda I would certainly ignore posts like this one.
Eusebius did the same thing with my post in another thread.

These guys know erectly what they are doing.
Of course they'd much rather continue to dance around their ridiculous demands to prove to them that molecular biology (among other things) works then defend their own completely illogical and unreasonable positions. Switching burden of proof is the oldest trick in their dishonest book.
And a lot of people over here who try to debate them swallow this trap hook, line and sinker.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:24 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
When did I say molecular biology doesn't work? It works extremely well. And it is extremely complex.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
And by the way I can hear you just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.