Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 07:19 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,917,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
They are scared to death of losing faith, so they just avoid or ignore anything that may test it.
That's not it at all. We aren't scared to death of losing faith. We just want you to come out of the stone age of evolution and come into what will free you from your faith in evolution and into the truth. The truth will set you free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 AM

19,802 posts, read 13,347,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh I'm sure you know exactly what I've meant. The bottom line is you have no conclusive proof that we evolved from primates. Period. OTOH, there is plenty of evidence to support the supernatural. And if the supernatural is possible then you have to allow for the possibility that God exists.
What I am certain of is your continued use of the "evolution is only a theory" canard.

Do you think the theory of gravity will be undone anytime soon? Electromagnetic theory?

In science a theory is a proven explanatory framework. No established scientific theory has ever been rescinded, only added to / refined. Newtonian physics is still valid for everyday use; it was refined by relativity and later quantum mechanics but it was not disproven by them.

You also know that there is no such thing as "conclusive proof" in the sense of 100% certainty for anything including both evolution and ID / creationism. If there is no conclusive proof for evolution then you have the same problem for ID / creationism.

You also know that anything is possible and possibilities must be allowed for. We allow for the possibility of god's existence, we simply don't think it remotely probable.

Everything is probabilities, not certainties.

You can't absolutely disprove evolution so your constant refrain that we can't absolutely disprove theism, therefore god, is of no value to you either. By your reasoning you can't disprove evolution, therefore no god.

What blinds you to how your arguments undermine your own position is your special pleading for god and the supernatural based on the perceived certitude of holy writ. You think that certainty is on your side. I know this because I used to be smugly certain of my certitude too, until it unravelled in the light of reality.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:38 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,380,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's not it at all. We aren't scared to death of losing faith. We just want you to come out of the stone age of evolution and come into what will free you from your faith in evolution and into the truth. The truth will set you free.
The bolded is great! A creationist Christian telling someone they need to "come out of the stone age"!!! The same person who believes in a book of stories from what, the early Iron Age? and lives his life based on these unproven stories from the Iron Age book written by ignorant, superstitious men!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The bolded is great! A creationist Christian telling someone they need to "come out of the stone age"!!! The same person who believes in a book of stories from what, the early Iron Age? and lives his life based on these unproven stories from the Iron Age book written by ignorant, superstitious men!
Science is eventually catching up with the Biblical account of creation. Maybe, eventually, it will get there.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:11 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,080,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh I'm sure you know exactly what I've meant. The bottom line is you have no conclusive proof that we evolved from primates. Period. OTOH, there is plenty of evidence to support the supernatural. And if the supernatural is possible then you have to allow for the possibility that God exists.
There is proof. You just refuse to understand it.

Also, I've asked you dozens of times to provide an explanation for how the evidence you sight as proving the existence of God, yet you have not done so. Now, I get that you know what you're saying is massive load of crap, but the intelligent thing to do is to stop referring to this evidence if you're going to continually ignore it.

Quote:
That is based on faith just as evolution is based on faith.

You have no real proof humans evolved from the single cell. But scientists pronounce it as a fact without proof. It is faith based.
Evolution is not based on faith. Evolution has evidence. Fossil records, DNA study, genetics; there are all things that point the same thing; evolution.

Just because we can't literally watch evolution turn a fish into a sky scrapper or whatever you think would happen doesn't mean there isn't evidence for it. You can't see a lot of things that we know to be true. Atoms, for example; no one has actually really seen one. Have you ever seen the best photo of an atom? That photo alone would not prove the existence of atoms, but rather, the collective data we have on atoms proves that it's indeed a photo of an atom.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:16 AM

3,492 posts, read 742,310 times
how did a thread on hairy balls turn biblical ? HA ,.. I`m not going to read 20 pages of posts but am just gunna say that most of us beings with public testicles usually are capable of covering them up with hair or fur .. I`ve not seen too many hairy fish or birds or even rhinos for that matter ...

Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Science is eventually catching up with the Biblical account of creation. Maybe, eventually, it will get there.
Whatever makes you sleep at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
There is proof. You just refuse to understand it.

Also, I've asked you dozens of times to provide an explanation for how the evidence you sight as proving the existence of God, yet you have not done so. Now, I get that you know what you're saying is massive load of crap, but the intelligent thing to do is to stop referring to this evidence if you're going to continually ignore it.

Evolution is not based on faith. Evolution has evidence. Fossil records, DNA study, genetics; there are all things that point the same thing; evolution.

Just because we can't literally watch evolution turn a fish into a sky scrapper or whatever you think would happen doesn't mean there isn't evidence for it. You can't see a lot of things that we know to be true. Atoms, for example; no one has actually really seen one. Have you ever seen the best photo of an atom? That photo alone would not prove the existence of atoms, but rather, the collective data we have on atoms proves that it's indeed a photo of an atom.
He has no proof, and according to him, he doesn't have to. In fact, according to him, the religious need no proof of anything in their beliefs, yet everyone else does require proof.

He always uses the "evolution is like if a tornado went through a junkyard and formed a fully formed and working 747", analogy.

I just think it is quite funny when they talk about evolution being false because A)we can't prove it with 100% certainty, and B) we can't see a fish turn into something else in our lifetime. Well, last I checked, they can't prove anything about their God, and they certainly can't see God/Jesus, or any of the other crap they believe happened...

Old 12-04-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why don't you put this to rest then and give verifiable, scientific PROOF that humans evolved from a single cell.

Quote:
Just because we can't literally watch evolution turn a fish into a sky scrapper or whatever you think would happen doesn't mean there isn't evidence for it.
No, it is worse than that. You folks cry fowl when a Creationist accuses an evolutionist of believing a cat can turn into a dog. Yet evolutionist claim dinosaurs turned into birds and wales turned into elephants. I'm not making this stuff up.

Quote:
You can't see a lot of things that we know to be true. Atoms, for example; no one has actually really seen one. Have you ever seen the best photo of an atom? That photo alone would not prove the existence of atoms, but rather, the collective data we have on atoms proves that it's indeed a photo of an atom.
So you take it by faith that the invisible atom exists because data from scientists say it exists. You are putting faith in the scientist's work that atoms exist.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Whatever makes you sleep at night!
Everything I believe makes me sleep very well at night.

Quote:
He has no proof, and according to him, he doesn't have to. In fact, according to him, the religious need no proof of anything in their beliefs, yet everyone else does require proof.
Likewise you have no proof and don't need any obviously. You just go through life believing the say so of some scientists. Whatever makes you sleep at night!

Quote:
He always uses the "evolution is like if a tornado went through a junkyard and formed a fully formed and working 747", analogy.
Yep. or a nuclear submarine.

Quote:
I just think it is quite funny when they talk about evolution being false because A)we can't prove it with 100% certainty, and B) we can't see a fish turn into something else in our lifetime.
I didn't say it was false because you couldn't prove it. I said it is faith based because you can't prove it.

Fish don't turn into something else like the fanciful cartoons from the evolutionist camp display of a fish growing legs and leaving the water and becoming a chimpanzee. I mean, really? LOL!
Quote:
Well, last I checked, they can't prove anything about their God, and they certainly can't see God/Jesus, or any of the other crap they believe happened...
One day you will meet our God and meet Jesus Christ. And they will understand how you got snookered into all the evolutionist balderdash. They won't hold it against you.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Everything I believe makes me sleep very well at night.

Likewise you have no proof and don't need any obviously. You just go through life believing the say so of some scientists. Whatever makes you sleep at night!

Yep. or a nuclear submarine.

I didn't say it was false because you couldn't prove it. I said it is faith based because you can't prove it.

Fish don't turn into something else like the fanciful cartoons from the evolutionist camp display of a fish growing legs and leaving the water and becoming a chimpanzee. I mean, really? LOL!

One day you will meet our God and meet Jesus Christ. And they will understand how you got snookered into all the evolutionist balderdash. They won't hold it against you.

Children, this is your brain on religion! Where imperfect proof mean "no proof", evolution is the same as "a tornado forming a nuclear sub", and cartoons are why you don't like evolution!

I hope I do meet them Eusie, as they will have a whole hell of a lot of explaining to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality