U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-28-2015, 10:59 PM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,101,184 times
Reputation: 4527

Advertisements

Let's face it, if you're the male cohort of the human species, you're well aware that the only organ that is external to the human body, are your testicles. All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.

The question becomes why? Well the scientific answer is that the human testicles have to be cooler the normal body temperature otherwise sperm will not be produced. Now the strange part about that is, that many mammals have internal testicles including rhinoceroses, all marine mammals, and elephants. Even more interesting is, that birds have internal testicles, and their body temperature is higher than humans.

If there was an intelligent designer out there, why would that designer make humans handicapped, yet be able to make rhinoceros testicles that can be internal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,197 posts, read 9,099,963 times
Reputation: 6081
God knows best.

He wants us humble, in pain, and vulnerable as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:23 PM
 
4,431 posts, read 1,654,261 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's face it, if you're the male cohort of the human species, you're well aware that the only organ that is external to the human body, are your testicles. All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.

The question becomes why? Well the scientific answer is that the human testicles have to be cooler the normal body temperature otherwise sperm will not be produced. Now the strange part about that is, that many mammals have internal testicles including rhinoceroses, all marine mammals, and elephants. Even more interesting is, that birds have internal testicles, and their body temperature is higher than humans.

If there was an intelligent designer out there, why would that designer make humans handicapped, yet be able to make rhinoceros testicles that can be internal?
Does that also defy human evolution?

Why didn't the ape over million of years learned how to evolve it's body in such a way that it's testicle starts growing inside it's body? Isn't this survival of the toughest, after all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,197 posts, read 9,099,963 times
Reputation: 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Does that also defy human evolution?

Why didn't the ape over million of years learned how to evolve it's body in such a way that it's testicle starts growing inside it's body? Isn't this survival of the toughest, after all?
Evolution selects for survival, not for enjoyment. It's a blunt instrument that doesn't advertise itself as a fount of knowledge, joy, peace, tranquility, morality and hope. So when it ends up being a survival mechanism and nothing more, there's no false advertising involved at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:31 PM
 
4,431 posts, read 1,654,261 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Evolution selects for survival, not for enjoyment. It's a blunt instrument that doesn't advertise itself as a fount of knowledge, joy, peace, tranquility, morality and hope. So when it ends up being a survival mechanism and nothing more, there's no false advertising involved at all.
So from fish, the testicle grew out when the fish turned into ape, but then the testicles didn't grow out when the fish turned into Rhino, elephant and birds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:33 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,681 posts, read 2,878,213 times
Reputation: 2883
There must be a simple reason, after all, it works. I can understand marine mammals favoring internal testis otherwise they would get nibbled off! I had heard that theory about keeping them cooler but that fell away with the advent of clothing which made no difference to our fertility. Curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:35 PM
 
4,431 posts, read 1,654,261 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There must be a simple reason, after all, it works. I can understand marine mammals favoring internal testis otherwise they would get nibbled off! I had heard that theory about keeping them cooler but that fell away with the advent of clothing which made no difference to our fertility. Curious.
Imagine birds trying to land on the edge of their nest with two large hanging testicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,681 posts, read 2,878,213 times
Reputation: 2883
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So from fish, the testicle grew out when the fish turned into ape, but then the testicles didn't grow out when the fish turned into Rhino, elephant and birds?
Birds we can understand since they evolved from dinosaurs which were reptilian and reptiles have internal testis. They also have only one opening, like fish and amphibians.

Rhino and elephants? Curious. Elephants are thought by some to have had a semi-aquatic stage in evolution just like hippo of today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
6,923 posts, read 3,855,657 times
Reputation: 16453
I am a girl and even I know why they're on the outside.... So they're easy to scratch when you guys are trying to figure something out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2015, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Northeastern US
14,197 posts, read 9,099,963 times
Reputation: 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So from fish, the testicle grew out when the fish turned into ape, but then the testicles didn't grow out when the fish turned into Rhino, elephant and birds?
If you are interested in what is known or non known about the evolution of primate testicles, you should Google it. I didn't address the issue and don't claim to know anything about it other than that I am here and have a pair.

Do you have anything on offer other than various arguments from incredulity, such as actual citations, facts, or rational arguments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top