U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 AM

4,413 posts, read 4,065,572 times

Advertisements

If Jews ( the ones that believe in the Messiah) and Gentile are supposedly both are worshiping the same God from the same exact book, should there be any such thing as:
-thats a Jewish custom
-gentiles dont have to do x,y,z
-Christians do it this way

Shouldnt all who believe in the Messiah be on one accord and not be too much differences?

Examples:

JEWS......vs...GENTILE
Saturday vs Sunday
Passover vs Easter
Hanukkah vs Christmas
Feast Days vs Holidays
Clean Foods vs Unclean Foods
God is one vs Trinity
Physical Circumcision required vs Circumcision isnt required
Torah still valid vs Law abolished
Biblical Calendar vs World Calendar

Where did God say he would have 2 different sets of rules to two different groups?

Do you think anything will ever end the constant separation through the 2 and they start acting on one accord?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 12:16 PM

14,818 posts, read 4,970,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If Jews ( the ones that believe in the Messiah) and Gentile are supposedly both are worshiping the same God from the same exact book, should there be any such thing as:
-thats a Jewish custom

Shouldnt all who believe in the Messiah be on one accord and not be too much differences?

Examples:

JEWS......vs...GENTILE
Saturday vs Sunday
Passover vs Easter
Hanukkah vs Christmas
Feast Days vs Holidays
God is one vs Trinity

Where did God say he would have 2 different sets of rules to two different groups?

Do you think anything will ever end the constant separation through the 2 and they start acting on one accord?
The whole world will keep the feast of Tabernacles, the whole world will become one religion and I think we are closer to that than we know. These universal prophesies come into play when Damascus is destroyed and just in the news today, Putin is considering nuking Isis, and then we see the president of Syria buying oil from Isis and this is a huge game changer. Bible thumpers have been waiting on the destruction of Damascus for a long time and it looks like everything is prepared for that day.

WHY did the first king of Israel change the feast days and Sabbaths from that of Judah?

Jeroboam's Idolatry
25Then Jeroboam built Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and lived there. And he went out from there and built Penuel. 26Jeroboam said in his heart, "Now the kingdom will return to the house of David. 27"If this people go up to offer sacrifices in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then the heart of this people will return to their lord, even to Rehoboam king of Judah; and they will kill me and return to Rehoboam king of Judah.''

This was the reason Jeroboam separated, then the reason the Samaritans stayed separated, the reason Christianity separated, and the reason Mohammed separated.

If Jerusalem becomes the Holy place of the world, and the feasts of God become the feasts of the world, then the law would go forth from Jerusalem, even from Judah and the world doesn't want this.

Rome couldn't afford for it's people to convert to Judaism and then to keep the feasts of Jerusalem because Rome would have no longer been the Capitol of the world, Jerusalem would be, and the priests of Jerusalem would be the priests of the world and Judaism would be the religion and so Rome played the biggest part in separating Gentile converts of Judaism from Jews.

Hadrian made a deal with the Greek Orthodox and if they would accept the Saturnalia over Sukkot, then they would be given the Jewish synagogues and the Jews exiled from Jerusalem.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:03 PM

16,271 posts, read 7,654,495 times
Quote:
-thats a Jewish custom

Examples:

JEWS......vs...GENTILE
Saturday vs Sunday
Passover vs Easter
Hanukkah vs Christmas
Feast Days vs Holidays
God is one vs Trinity

You will never figure it out while you think it is about RULES and practices.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:52 PM

21,364 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Quote:
-thats a Jewish custom

Examples:

JEWS......vs...GENTILE
Saturday vs Sunday
Passover vs Easter
Hanukkah vs Christmas
Feast Days vs Holidays
God is one vs Trinity
Physical Circumcision required vs Circumcision isn't required

Maybe you should take the time to look up the Jews side of your list and then makeup a real comparison list. Also Messianic Jews are Christians and not Jews.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Maybe you should take the time to look up the Jews side of your list and then makeup a real comparison list. Also Messianic Jews are Christians and not Jews.
It's not that black and white. A Christian in mainstream Christianity is not a part of Judaism while a Messianic would consider himself a part of Judaism no matter what anyone thinks. Two separate worship systems, and the Christians who know me sure wouldn't call me a Christian because they know I am in Judaism and it aint nothing like Mainstream Christianity. I don't mind so much that people want to look at me as a Christian but that's not what I am.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It's not that black and white. A Christian in mainstream Christianity is not a part of Judaism while a Messianic would consider himself a part of Judaism no matter what anyone thinks. Two separate worship systems, and the Christians who know me sure wouldn't call me a Christian because they know I am in Judaism and it ain't nothing like Mainstream Christianity. I don't mind so much that people want to look at me as a Christian but that's not what I am.
No one in all of Judaism recognizes Messianic Jews as Jews. You want to follow cultural Judaism then go for it, but outside of you and Jews for Jesus congregations you are not Jewish.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
No they are not, all the MJ's I know will make sure they are not refereed to as Christians. Most of the differences I listed are MJ's and Messianic Hebrews vs mainstream Christianity.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
No one in all of Judaism recognizes Messianic Jews as Jews. You want to follow cultural Judaism then go for it, but outside of you and Jews for Jesus congregations you are not Jewish.

Most Jews aint jewish, just people who migrated to the land and claiming they are descendants.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
No they are not, all the MJ's I know will make sure they are not refereed to as Christians. Most of the differences I listed are MJ's and Messianic Hebrews vs mainstream Christianity.
Most of them are a figment of your imagination as you are not comparing apples to apples.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:

I never said I was Jewish.

I said I was a member of Judaism and it doesn't matter to me if you or anyone else don't recognize me as a member of Judaism, I don't need your acceptance. I don't mean that in an unloving manner, it just is what it is. I don't mind if you and the whole world don't believe me because I have sure promises of God that are given to a Gentile and I have fulfilled each requirement and my covenant is between he and I. I believe in God's promises, and nothing anyone can say will change that. I say that I am in the true Judaism, and what others believe doesn't have an effect on that. Of course, my religion is the only true Judaism, I have just never said it before and I don't go around saying it although it is true. I don't put limits on people who want to study with me, I accept them as they are.

You are free to join me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or