Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

And what's the word for Muslim bakers who don't bake cakes for same-sex weddings? Because they don't, you know.
The word is Lawbreakers. No religion is without its fundamentalists. Trying to see the difference between religion and constitutional law is a huge problem when the constitution won't bow to their homophobia. Muslims, representing less than one percent of U.S. population tend to live in their own communities. It is highly unlikely a gay couple would show up at their cake store to ask for a cake. But if they did, and were rejected, the law doesn't allow a pass for Muslims. But fundamentalists are generally lower on the IQ scale, so they just can't grasp the idea of freedom in commercial circles.

Quote:
A study at the University of Edinburgh found that of its six measured dimensions of religiosity, "lower intelligence is most associated with higher levels of fundamentalism."
Gary J. Lewis, Stuart J. Ritchie, Timothy C. Bates (2011-09-03). "The relationship between intelligence and multiple domains of religious belief: Evidence from a large adult US sample" (PDF).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
I am a "Liberal Christian" and I do NOT support banning Muslims, seems the only ones talking about it are the RWNJs/Trump bunch.

Remember the poem: They came for the *** but since I wasn't one I did nothing ....

Old 12-20-2015, 07:32 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:

And what's the word for Muslim bakers who don't bake cakes for same-sex weddings? Because they don't, you know.
Have you asked? Or, are you just making blanket statements you cannot support?

Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Have you asked? Or, are you just making blanket statements you cannot support?
This video shows several Muslim bakers who refuse to make cakes for same-sex weddings.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

Old 12-20-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why would the Constitutional rights of US Citizens have anything to do with immigration policy?

I'm waiting for someone to address your question.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
This video shows several Muslim bakers who refuse to make cakes for same-sex weddings.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

"Actually, I taped this video a long time ago but due to audio corruption issues, was never able to upload it. Now that my in-house whizz kid, Jared was able to salvage the footage, I am passing it onto you."

Audio corruption issues. The entire video depends on the audio. The audio was added later. I call BS on this.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I call BS on this.

Heck, you can call BS on whatever you want. Some people even call BS on the Holocaust. Each person has to decide for themselves.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Heck, you can call BS on whatever you want. Some people even call BS on the Holocaust. Each person has to decide for themselves.
Oh, heck. I am perfectly capable of looking at something with audio added later, and edited poorly.

My relatives would disagree with you. The ones in the camps, and the ones who freed them.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:42 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Excellent point!!! I assume we will see the fundies coming to defend the Muslims in 3....2......
Moderator cut: Snipping political snipe. I did find this ironic for someone who supports SSM since Islam would eliminate any SSM issues for good. https://islamqa.info/en/38622 Sharia law is seeping into some areas of the country already and as their numbers grow..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Hmmmm....I suppose logical consistency is not on the menu when it comes to the religious freedom of Muslims.

I guess it only applies to Christian cake makers.
Muslims won't have to bake cakes for gays. Gays need to stay clear of Muslims for "health and well being".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What was? The Islamophobia?
While Christianity sees practicing homosexuality as a sin, Islam sees it as a crime and punishable, now in the ever after but much quicker and in a way that helps to discourage the crime. https://islamqa.info/en/38622

Quote:

I think that isn't considered "pc". We are not to question anything about Muslims. Again, I encourage practicing homosexuals to avoid trying to force the Muslims to do anything for them and just stay out of their way.

Funny, those that are so appalled at Christians and what they consider sin just don't have a clue what Islam and sharia law will bring as it seeps into our system. One needs to realize that with Islam, religion and government are one. There is no separation and no room for compromise. And, one needs to realize that much of what is being called "radical" is simply stated in the religious doctrine of Islam. It is past time to get a clue.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/09/se...o-abandon-alla

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-20-2015 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Snip

Old 12-20-2015, 01:06 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Heh, told you it had to go there eventually. Hitler cakes in 3, 2, 1...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality