Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,212,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
We don't need to trash our Constitution, we need people who know how to read what is written. The reason it is called a living breathing document is because the interpretation of what is written there is subject to the heart and soul of the beholder. (so-to-speak) I read something different than perhaps the next person, when reading the 1st Amendment. Many may read it the same as I, and others the same as the next guy. However, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what either of us read it as, because it is subject to the Supreme Court Justices decisions. They will/have interpreted it so as to adjust our laws to the social morals of the day. (the word in much debate over is "established", just one example of many)
If the constitution can be subjectively interpreted, there is a problem. The reason I say trash it, is that a total new one based on modern and updated values would negate references to amendments. Folk think different today than 200 odd years ago. Much will remain and the amendment incorporated as part and parcel. Ours followed a two year think tank of all parties religious and secular.
Quote:

We only had fire drills too, in school, so I think you are watching some really old video footage. There is an RFID chip. Do the research to see the status of its, "tested" development. Start in Florida, because it was Florida teen that tested it, several years ago.
I know there is an RFID chip and we use use it here primarily in livestock, pets and clothing stores. It is an old technology as far as telemetering goes. We have had fingerprint scanners here in our driver's licenses and scanned and captured in a national database, no ink required.

We are now getting new number plates with RFID technology. Humans will never be required to have a chip as the biometrics technology is already market ready. I know of one night club in the USA that offered a chip as a membership card, still that chip can be removed and by that premise, it cannot be a MoB. It is just silly woo woo stuff that suggests this and for 25 years now, it has been the impending evil.

The infrastructure to make the MoB a reality for EFTPOS is enormous and no nation is going to be able to do it on a global scale in a matter of 3.5-7 years.
Quote:
Not everyone owns a computer and/or cell phone. So now what?
I said almost everyone.
Quote:
Facial recognition is still under development in London and no, they haven't had true success with it yet. I'm a Criminal Minds (TV show) buff and I got interested in Criminal Profiling, so I read stuff, lots of stuff. Oh and I just loved the move "Bourn" and I saw all three. If you need me to do a documented back up of anything in this paragraph, I have all studies, all articles that I have read in my book marks. Trust if any one is going to disappear because they've scared big brother, it would be me. (google tracking, got to love it)
You want off the grid but you are already a slave to the system. All lands are owned by someone and if there were a huge conspiracy, you really could not survive as hunting is controlled and so too habitation of lands.
Quote:
If it wasn't for all the countries throwing their financials into the pot with everyone else, there would never have been a Global melt down to begin with. Each country would stand independent on their own, or, they would bottom out in the end. I like the independent thing myself, but that's just me. Competitive and not wanting to fail, because some one else dragged me down with them. At the same time, I don't want to be propped up by someone else either. That causes a dispute on who actually gets the passing grade. Like you said, America should take care of their own and bring all that money they spend in other countries, home.
It is more complex than that but if anyone is to blame is the US as they were the first IIRC to go off the gold standard. In 1981 when I came to SA, the ZAR was stronger than the USD by about 10c and back then we were still producing 65% of the global gold. As time passed, the currency devalued but for a long while we had a financial ZAR and a commercial one. Plus we only produce 16% today as there are bigger mines in Chile and China that came online.
Quote:
But then if we went by those rules, there could never be a hidden Imam to rule the world or an Anti-Christ and prophecies by any ones beliefs would go unfulfilled.

Christ will rule at the right hand of God in Heaven and Heaven is a spiritual place. That is the second world. No earth, earth will be gone.
All of the A/C nonsense will go unfulfilled as it is a recent invention of the RCC circa 1800 something which is known as dispensationalism. It came about b/c of the allegations of the Pope being the a/c.

It really has only gained a strong foothold in the US. Most xian churches here rarely discuss eschatology.

Lastly, with all these many many years of the boogey man a/c being proffered, few folk in the developed nations will fall foul to such a cretin. You guys have been pronouncing the signs for so long now it is common knowledge as to who the US a/c may be. B/c the predictions keep failing, so too are the goalposts moved each time.

A OWG is just not possible and the UN is not really a vehicle that will be used. The UN is there to protect the world from ruthless dictators and the UN forces are anyway allied to their own countries but wear a common uniform of neutrality when serving as peacekeepers in a hot spot.

All of this really falls under the heading of conspiracy theories.

We are a nation of 50M or so. What sort of foreign army will be required to subdue us? We have home ground advantage and if there was an invasion, they would have a resistance that would wear them out eventually. Just look at Iraq and Afg for examples. Two world powers defeated by desert dwellers in spite of overwhelming tech advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM

11 posts, read 9,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangie View Post
I've recently had someone from my distant past contact me at a time when I was praying for a sign from God to help me make a decision. I took this contact as the sign I was seeking, but many people have said I'm being naive and silly when I've talked about looking for signs, fate, etc. and that one has to control their own life.

It's probably that the people I've spoken to do not have God in their lives or they are not thinking about it that way. But I think God doesn't just lay it all out for us. We have to be aware and looking for the signs so we know what to do.

What do you all think?
Yes He does. And it works both ways, if you are not sure that He is the one sending the sign then ask Him and He will answer.
If this person from your distant past was deceased then know for certain that that was not of God for the bible says the dead know nothing.
Living contact, as long as what they are telling you to do is in accordance with God and His law, pray for direction and go forward.
God isnt a dictator. He likes to hear what we have to say on everything. just bear in mind that He knows the future, so the way He's directing is usually best.
If it looks like something you arent exactly enthusiastic about, dont ask Him to change it. He is sending you in the best direction not just for happiness here but to save you eternally too.Ask instead for a full surrender to His will and your obstacles and objections will disappear.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 AM

11 posts, read 9,372 times
God is not some big Judge sitting up in heaven watching us and waiting to mete out punishments for wrongs.
Do we even understand what Love means?
I'll try to make this short.

God made a perfect world and there was peace everywhere.
Sin came in, separated Creator from Creation and with it came death and everything that leads to it. God is life and order take Him away you got death and chaos.

The misery that exists today is because of this separation. We got a second chance through Jesus. not because He is more merciful than the Father, No. It was the plan of both of them to save men IF sin happened. So with Jesus' promise to take Adam(mankind's) separation we lived so we could choose who we would have. That promise was fulfilled at Calvary.
Ever wondered why He sweat blood? Or why He cried out Father why have you forsaken me? And why He died so quickly.

Death is a lot more than just a dirt nap. it is separation from God the Lifegiver. Jesus stayed away from Lazarus because if he had been there Lazarus would not have died and the greatest proof of the divinity of Christ would not have happened

Problem with us is we are a lot stubborn and even more slow witted.
For six thousand years He has been trying to tell us who He is and still we rather to take someone else's interpretation of Him than get to know Him for ourselves.
He came Himself and said He who has seen me has seen the Father, meaning they operate on the same level.
Only by love is love awakened.

This earth could not be redeemed. It is affected by the curse of sin which is death just like everything else on this planet. Christ became Human and bore the curse for humanity so humanity is saved, at least everyone that accepts the sacrifice truly. Everything else will have to face the fires of cleansing.

God is not a tyrant nor is he bipolar. He showed us himself in Jesus.
Death, sickness suffering, natural disasters, all these happen because the earth was separated from the One ho made it. Right now while Mercy pleads and souls are still in decision He has to hold all things together to give every last man a chance. Once the last choice has been made and fixed for God or self and the devil then He will have to let go and rescue those who belong to Him. We want to be a part of this group. We have to be so careful. there are instances of this happening in the bible. At the flood there were only eight, sodom and gomorah only 3 and Egypt lost all their firstborn. It is no laughing matter when God lets go of the winds of strife. Jerusalem has still not recovered from 70AD. And this will be the finale.
After he has done everything to save us it would be only too sad to be lost.

The wars and arms and debates and budgets are not important. There are greater realities at stake. All the signs are in place. It is no longer a joke on a billboard.
The just shall live by His faith
These are they which have kept the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus Christ.
That is what is important now.
Choose wisely, they thought Noah was an alarmist too.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Another sign?
Quote:
internet messages posted by Breivik indicated he has "some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views.†He reportedly posted messages on Christian fundamentalist websites.
Profile Emerging of Norwegian Mass Murderer - International Business Times

Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes, the sign of confusion as it depends much on who is telling the story as to what type of story we get. I trust in one thing when it comes to people, no one will ever tell the truth about anything. (compare the two articles)

Norway bombing - Right Turn - The Washington Post
" Prominent jihadists have already claimed online that the attack is payback for Norway’s involvement in the war in Afghanistan."

PS: Where there is confusion, there is Satan.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-24-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 PM

591 posts, read 641,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yola123 View Post
God is not some big Judge sitting up in heaven watching us and waiting to mete out punishments for wrongs.
Do we even understand what Love means?
I'll try to make this short.

God made a perfect world and there was peace everywhere.
Sin came in, separated Creator from Creation and with it came death and everything that leads to it. God is life and order take Him away you got death and chaos.

The misery that exists today is because of this separation. We got a second chance through Jesus. not because He is more merciful than the Father, No. It was the plan of both of them to save men IF sin happened. So with Jesus' promise to take Adam(mankind's) separation we lived so we could choose who we would have. That promise was fulfilled at Calvary.
Ever wondered why He sweat blood? Or why He cried out Father why have you forsaken me? And why He died so quickly.

Death is a lot more than just a dirt nap. it is separation from God the Lifegiver. Jesus stayed away from Lazarus because if he had been there Lazarus would not have died and the greatest proof of the divinity of Christ would not have happened

Problem with us is we are a lot stubborn and even more slow witted.
For six thousand years He has been trying to tell us who He is and still we rather to take someone else's interpretation of Him than get to know Him for ourselves.
He came Himself and said He who has seen me has seen the Father, meaning they operate on the same level.
Only by love is love awakened.

This earth could not be redeemed. It is affected by the curse of sin which is death just like everything else on this planet. Christ became Human and bore the curse for humanity so humanity is saved, at least everyone that accepts the sacrifice truly. Everything else will have to face the fires of cleansing.

God is not a tyrant nor is he bipolar. He showed us himself in Jesus.
Death, sickness suffering, natural disasters, all these happen because the earth was separated from the One ho made it. Right now while Mercy pleads and souls are still in decision He has to hold all things together to give every last man a chance. Once the last choice has been made and fixed for God or self and the devil then He will have to let go and rescue those who belong to Him. We want to be a part of this group. We have to be so careful. there are instances of this happening in the bible. At the flood there were only eight, sodom and gomorah only 3 and Egypt lost all their firstborn. It is no laughing matter when God lets go of the winds of strife. Jerusalem has still not recovered from 70AD. And this will be the finale.
After he has done everything to save us it would be only too sad to be lost.

The wars and arms and debates and budgets are not important. There are greater realities at stake. All the signs are in place. It is no longer a joke on a billboard.
The just shall live by His faith
These are they which have kept the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus Christ.
That is what is important now.
Choose wisely, they thought Noah was an alarmist too.

A lot of interesting points there. You and I are on the same page in a lot of ways. As I've argued online, I can't help but notice in the OT the extremes God has gone to rid of the very same kind of evil that Islam commits today. You can easily see Islammic-like "coincidences", charecturistics, and behaviors in the OT. God has obviously been in a war with forces exacly like Islam since the beginning, and God has unleashed horrendous fury against it. But this time around we have Jesus. He is the savior of mankind for a plethera of reasons. He is the weapon.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
If the constitution can be subjectively interpreted, there is a problem. The reason I say trash it, is that a total new one based on modern and updated values would negate references to amendments. Folk think different today than 200 odd years ago. Much will remain and the amendment incorporated as part and parcel. Ours followed a two year think tank of all parties religious and secular.

I know there is an RFID chip and we use use it here primarily in livestock, pets and clothing stores. It is an old technology as far as telemetering goes. We have had fingerprint scanners here in our driver's licenses and scanned and captured in a national database, no ink required.

We are now getting new number plates with RFID technology. Humans will never be required to have a chip as the biometrics technology is already market ready. I know of one night club in the USA that offered a chip as a membership card, still that chip can be removed and by that premise, it cannot be a MoB. It is just silly woo woo stuff that suggests this and for 25 years now, it has been the impending evil.

The infrastructure to make the MoB a reality for EFTPOS is enormous and no nation is going to be able to do it on a global scale in a matter of 3.5-7 years.

I said almost everyone.

You want off the grid but you are already a slave to the system. All lands are owned by someone and if there were a huge conspiracy, you really could not survive as hunting is controlled and so too habitation of lands.

It is more complex than that but if anyone is to blame is the US as they were the first IIRC to go off the gold standard. In 1981 when I came to SA, the ZAR was stronger than the USD by about 10c and back then we were still producing 65% of the global gold. As time passed, the currency devalued but for a long while we had a financial ZAR and a commercial one. Plus we only produce 16% today as there are bigger mines in Chile and China that came online.

All of the A/C nonsense will go unfulfilled as it is a recent invention of the RCC circa 1800 something which is known as dispensationalism. It came about b/c of the allegations of the Pope being the a/c.

It really has only gained a strong foothold in the US. Most xian churches here rarely discuss eschatology.

Lastly, with all these many many years of the boogey man a/c being proffered, few folk in the developed nations will fall foul to such a cretin. You guys have been pronouncing the signs for so long now it is common knowledge as to who the US a/c may be. B/c the predictions keep failing, so too are the goalposts moved each time.

A OWG is just not possible and the UN is not really a vehicle that will be used. The UN is there to protect the world from ruthless dictators and the UN forces are anyway allied to their own countries but wear a common uniform of neutrality when serving as peacekeepers in a hot spot.

All of this really falls under the heading of conspiracy theories.

We are a nation of 50M or so. What sort of foreign army will be required to subdue us? We have home ground advantage and if there was an invasion, they would have a resistance that would wear them out eventually. Just look at Iraq and Afg for examples. Two world powers defeated by desert dwellers in spite of overwhelming tech advantage.
Did you know that you did this?
Post #206
"There will never be an RFID chip. That technology is frigging old (25 years) and now we have biometrics."
You changed your tune within one page. To coin the new age phrase, waz up with that?

Our U.S. Constitution is just fine the way it is. Any one honestly following history it is a usable baseline to see which way the moral compass points during the age we live compared to the way it was pointed in the past. There is a reason it isn't worth the paper it is printed on but that reason has nothing to do with the actual words and what they convey to society.

The decline of morals along with wars and rumors of wars, ect...were wrote and documented by those of the Biblical times. They foresaw human nature as they too had a baseline in which to work. They knew human behavior. They saw the patterns of behavioral traits surrounding them by their own countrymen, so they knew.

God does send signs and people reveal those signs, all the time.

( Understanding Change - A Paper by Scott London )

Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Did you know that you did this?
Post #206
"There will never be an RFID chip. That technology is frigging old (25 years) and now we have biometrics."
You changed your tune within one page. To coin the new age phrase, waz up with that?
Do you have reading comprehension skills? I ask this seriously.
I repeated myself in a different syntax. You have not caught me out fella.

RFID <> MoB better?
Quote:

Our U.S. Constitution is just fine the way it is. Any one honestly following history it is a usable baseline to see which way the moral compass points during the age we live compared to the way it was pointed in the past. There is a reason it isn't worth the paper it is printed on but that reason has nothing to do with the actual words and what they convey to society.

The decline of morals along with wars and rumors of wars, ect...were wrote and documented by those of the Biblical times. They foresaw human nature as they too had a baseline in which to work. They knew human behavior. They saw the patterns of behavioral traits surrounding them by their own countrymen, so they knew.
Rubbish, if anything, the signs were to be fulfilled in their generation or very soon, I cannot for the life of me see how very soon, shortly = 2000 years
Quote:

God does send signs and people reveal those signs, all the time.

( Understanding Change - A Paper by Scott London )
We have snow now, first time since 1991 ish, is this a sigh of something cyclic? 1981 we had snow in spring September. Now it is 2011 and they are predicting snow in our area and extreme cold for 48 hours.

All you are doing is mental gymnastics to try correlate current events to fit alleged prophesy. You can do that for Nostradamus' rubbish too.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Do you have reading comprehension skills? I ask this seriously.
I repeated myself in a different syntax. You have not caught me out fella.

RFID <> MoB better?

Rubbish, if anything, the signs were to be fulfilled in their generation or very soon, I cannot for the life of me see how very soon, shortly = 2000 years

We have snow now, first time since 1991 ish, is this a sigh of something cyclic? 1981 we had snow in spring September. Now it is 2011 and they are predicting snow in our area and extreme cold for 48 hours.

All you are doing is mental gymnastics to try correlate current events to fit alleged prophesy. You can do that for Nostradamus' rubbish too.
The study of Human Behavior and Animal Behavior along with, Earth Science, it really isn't that hard to keep up with stuff you know. If you would like to know if the latest development of a different weather pattern that you witness is relevant to say a change in the earth's orbit, there are published science journals that can help out with that.

I look at it like Marketing in that they can/will predict what product will sell and how well it will sell in the future, by looking at the past & present sales.

Perhaps the Biblical society couldn't see life on earth past their generation. (I can't see man still living on earth for another 1000 years) That does not necessarily mean what they had to say is not still applicable today. Just because people refuse to see the handwriting on the wall, doesn't mean there isn't something there. (never know, evolution and all, we may one day be an archeology dig site)

Oh, yea...different syntax---I get it.

(we had a spring day, March 21, 2010 snow, it was light, didn't last long, but was the prettiest thing I'd seen in a long time and the dog, she went nuts in it. )

PS: Economics in the Bible,
"When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a black horse, and its rider had a balance in his hand; and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not harm oil and wine!" http://www.keyway.ca/htm2001/20010413.htm

Cost of goods and food will continue to rise at such a rate, the poor will not be able to feed themselves however, the rich will continue to enjoy their wine. Now, that is why I do no see us still on earth, doing the same thing...1000 years from now. It's hard to imagine it not going belly up, in just 100 more years.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-26-2011 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: PS

Old 07-26-2011, 02:18 AM

Still no snow, but conditions right for it, maybe later today...
Quote:
The study of Human Behavior and Animal Behavior along with, Earth Science, it really isn't that hard to keep up with stuff you know. If you would like to know if the latest development of a different weather pattern that you witness is relevant to say a change in the earth's orbit, there are published science journals that can help out with that.
No need I have been observing weather here since 1981 when I came to SA.
Quote:
I look at it like Marketing in that they can/will predict what product will sell and how well it will sell in the future, by looking at the past & present sales.
Predictive analysis is not the same as prophesy. One is based of trends and valid data the other is based on conjecture. Bear in mind most prophesies were in fact written after the fact so they were self fulfilling.
Quote:
Perhaps the Biblical society couldn't see life on earth past their generation. (I can't see man still living on earth for another 1000 years) That does not necessarily mean what they had to say is not still applicable today. Just because people refuse to see the handwriting on the wall, doesn't mean there isn't something there. (never know, evolution and all, we may one day be an archeology dig site)
Quote:

Oh, yea...different syntax---I get it.

(we had a spring day, March 21, 2010 snow, it was light, didn't last long, but was the prettiest thing I'd seen in a long time and the dog, she went nuts in it. )

PS: Economics in the Bible,
"When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I saw, and behold, a black horse, and its rider had a balance in his hand; and I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not harm oil and wine!" Bible Study - Return Of The Lamb

Cost of goods and food will continue to rise at such a rate, the poor will not be able to feed themselves however, the rich will continue to enjoy their wine. Now, that is why I do no see us still on earth, doing the same thing...1000 years from now. It's hard to imagine it not going belly up, in just 100 more years.
Society has a way of self correcting. There are just too many people consuming the little resources we have. Once oil runs out, unless we have a new mode of transportation, we may well go back to sailing ships and animal drawn vehicles and implements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality