Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:05 PM

1,230 posts, read 990,463 times

Advertisements

The old testaments on female rights, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, women equal to man, female rights and female freedom of sexual rights, sexual birth control rights, people living together not married, sex out of wedlock, female right to leave her partner would clash with the old testaments.

It not clear if Jesus or the new testaments would allow it. But the old testaments picture God being mad, angry, evil and intolerant. Calling for killing of these people and sending them to hell.

In the old testaments females where not equal to man, man came first and higher up and females where second. And females had no say over sexual rights or liberty. Females could not leave her partner.

Any female rights, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, people living together not married, sex out of wedlock, female right to leave her partner women equal to man, female rights and female freedom of sexual rights, sexual birth control, female sexual freedom rights where sent to hell.

This is the old testaments!! Ask anyone one streets today not even liberals and feminism people to sent people to jail for even two months yes two months for these crime and you will get some really strange looks. Most society is accepting this and passing laws to make it easier for females and these people!!

So there is some major conflict with society today and Liberal and feminism with GOD!! Unless I'm missing some thing and Jesus or the new testaments would allow it?

Most society is accepting this and moving on to modern times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 09:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,120 times
Our society is not ruled by religious law. It has nothing to do with liberalism or feminism.

These counties have theocracies: Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen.

Best of luck on your move. Pack light clothing and Kevlar.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
The old testaments on female rights, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, women equal to man, female rights and female freedom of sexual rights, sexual birth control rights, people living together not married, sex out of wedlock, female right to leave her partner would clash with the old testaments.

It not clear if Jesus or the new testaments would allow it. But the old testaments picture God being mad, angry, evil and intolerant. Calling for killing of these people and sending them to hell.

In the old testaments females where not equal to man, man came first and higher up and females where second. And females had no say over sexual rights or liberty. Females could not leave her partner.

Any female rights, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, people living together not married, sex out of wedlock, female right to leave her partner women equal to man, female rights and female freedom of sexual rights, sexual birth control, female sexual freedom rights where sent to hell.

This is the old testaments!! Ask anyone one streets today not even liberals and feminism people to sent people to jail for even two months yes two months for these crime and you will get some really strange looks. Most society is accepting this and passing laws to make it easier for females and these people!!

So there is some major conflict with society today and Liberal and feminism with GOD!! Unless I'm missing some thing and Jesus or the new testaments would allow it?

Religion RULES in most of the terrorist countries...need an airline ticket to Tehran?

Old 12-23-2015, 06:22 AM

67 posts, read 46,257 times
If things attributed to a religion are unjust and wrong, then they should not be adhered to! The Bible has some good stuff in it, but much more that is very wrong indeed.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 AM

1,333 posts, read 883,216 times
Quote:

I found this was rather difficult to read for. If you want to clear it up, I've put in bold some problem points.

What you will hear from devoted Christians about these things (I come from a Church that attempts to follow the Bible as closely as possible) is that they are sin and you need to repent and stop that lifestyle if you want to be forgiven. You can not continue sinning (such as being gay... ) if you want to be a Christian.

Assuming my Church was right, Jesus did not come to say "Just kidding, God was wrong for thousands of years! It's okay to be gay now!" He came to say "I know you are gay right now, but I can offer you a path to freedom from that sinful lifestyle." Indeed, the new testament does in fact condemn homosexuality. Look no further than Romans 1:26-27. It is blatantly obvious what is thought of homosexuality in the eyes of God, if we ordain this scripture as holy.

As far as the women's equality, I am not familiar enough with the bible; but a quick google search seems to bring up numerous websites claiming equality is a Christian ideal (unless you're gay, of course.)

So in short, to answer your question; no. Feminism, assuming support for the LGBT crowd is not supported by the Bible.

Also, let me add that I am not part of this church and do not hold their ideals. I just tried to answer the question the best I can given my knowledge of the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Our society is not ruled by religious law. It has nothing to do with liberalism or feminism.

These counties have theocracies: Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen.

Best of luck on your move. Pack light clothing and Kevlar.
Are you guys making even an effort to understand the question?

Quote:

First of all, I did not get the idea at any point that Bubble99 was in support of religious law nor was the question about religious law. The question was does Jesus or the New Testament condone modern feminist ideals.

Why are you being so hostile?

Last edited by Skyl3r; 12-23-2015 at 07:00 AM..

Old 12-23-2015, 06:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:

The new testament said there was a new law. God wanted hearts, not just behavior. There is no point in aligning civil law with biblical "law". Besides, there are plenty of us who think the bible is total hogwash and, as such, are doomed in the eyes of god anyway. So why make us live according to his or her law?

Old 12-23-2015, 08:35 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times
I have no problem with God. God is a feminist, and liberal.

The God of the bible is another thing though. That God has issues, lots of issues. The men who follow that God today have issues, lots of issues.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:08 AM

67 posts, read 46,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have no problem with God. God is a feminist, and liberal.

The God of the bible is another thing though. That God has issues, lots of issues. The men who follow that God today have issues, lots of issues.

And how do you work that out when the god of the Bible is not any of those things?

Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 AM

1,333 posts, read 883,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ50 View Post
And how do you work that out when the god of the Bible is not any of those things?
He specifically clarified that he's not talking about the God of the Bible and the God of the Bible does not fit into those categories.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ50 View Post
The god of the bible has no relationship to any real god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality