Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Yeah, I haven't thought about placentas since my son was born and the midwife had me cut the cord. That'll be thirty years ago this April. Thanks for reminding me of that! :-)

And I've NEVER thought about ants on a placenta. Where did that even come from?

Edit: I thought to look it up in a Jungian dream dictionary:

So let's have some compassion. This poster is unhappy, feels neglected and insignificant, annoyed, and needs to get rid of dependency on religion.
You are too good! (And having way too much fun! )

I need to spread some reps around first ... you know the drill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 10:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Yeah, I haven't thought about placentas since my son was born and the midwife had me cut the cord. That'll be thirty years ago this April. Thanks for reminding me of that! :-)

And I've NEVER thought about ants on a placenta. Where did that even come from?

Edit: I thought to look it up in a Jungian dream dictionary:

So let's have some compassion. This poster is unhappy, feels neglected and insignificant, annoyed, and needs to get rid of dependency on religion.
Thanks, mordant, for speaking of placentas. It gives me an excuse to post one of my all-time favourite tunes and without doubt - THE best song ever that has the word "placenta" in its lyrics.

Turn up your speakers and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc80X4ecnjw

Old 01-19-2016, 11:38 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post

From this point onwards, I refuse to throw pearls before swine, only to watch them trampled under hoof.

SMELL yourselves.
Another 'trouncer'.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:53 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then why do atheists get a free pass on the burden of proof when they make their own claims?
Show me where I have ever made a claim to you which I did not back up with the arguments, evidence, data and reasoning on which the claim was based?

And for each one (you will find none) I will show you TEN times I have asked you to back up something you claimed and you either retreated, ignored the query, lied, misrepresented the question, or claimed you have TONS of evidence but you simply do not want to offer it.

You build up this narrative that the atheists you loath so much do not answer your questions, where the reality outside your contrived agenda driven narrative is that the only person guilty of this is YOU. You. And you alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Can someone translate this into Sane for me?
Yeah I can. It translates to "I have NO evidence to back up a single assertion I make, so I will merely insult and deride you instead".

Quote:
I'm not the one claiming that Allah does not exist. If I claim something as fact, I need to back it up.
Try it sometime. For example you claim it is a fact there is a god. Back it up. You claim it as a fact that the Bible describes actual historical events. Back it up.

Come on. Just once. This. One. Time.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:57 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So you acknowledge that Allah does exist! That means you also acknowledge that God is NOT the one true God?
Unless I possess the supreme knowledge of the universe then sure, it is only intellectually honest to be open to the extremely remote possibility that the God of the Bible is a deception. Kinda like being open to the possibility that your family members could murder you in your sleep. But I'll confidently go with the belief system that has the heaviest weight of evidence behind it which is Christianity.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:00 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
^ Evidence I do not suppose you plan to offer us today, like you never do any other day? Or will today be the day you tell us what it actually is for the first time ever?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:03 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
I'm not the one claiming that Allah does not exist.
Really? You don't claim that Allah does not exist? Why aren't you a Muslim then??

Old 01-20-2016, 07:06 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Really? You don't claim that Allah does not exist? Why aren't you a Muslim then??
He will never understand the hypocrisy, Freak. He isn't capable.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
But I'll confidently go with the belief system that has the heaviest weight of evidence behind it which is Christianity.
Can we see some of this 'eveidence' please...or are you just going to flounce off again?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:30 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Can we see some of this 'eveidence' please...or are you just going to flounce off again?
The flouncing will continue until belief improves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality