U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2015, 02:01 PM

25,348 posts, read 24,141,953 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 03:51 PM

34,462 posts, read 8,876,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I will stand in for him bro, go ahead and let me have it!
Ahh..right..what did he say, now?
Right. Suggested that people aren't allowed to talk about their beliefs openly.

Cobblers. You can't expect to proclaim your religious ideas without being called on them. Religion no longer gets a free pass. Atheism doesn't either. we have to explain and justify what we say, why not religions?

What do you think?

Old 12-27-2015, 04:00 PM

20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
I just don't understand why we cannot tell people about how good God is and how he can help people who have a relationship with him without people saying we are cramming our beliefs down their throat. Christians just want to help. I think some go overboard but if a person has a rough time in their life I try to tell them to pray and trust God. Nowadays, you can't even go public with your beliefs yet it is ok for people to say that they don't believe in God. This is why I am scared to try to convince people to come to God. Folks get so upset.
You are welcome to tell me all about your god, but when I say NO MORE, or I walk away, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to continue--THAT IS CALLED STALKING and HARASSMENT.

Also, you have NO RIGHT to make others live by the laws you think your god-in-the-tiny-box wants ME and OTHERS to follow. He is your god-in-the-tiny-box, you follow his laws and stop imposing on the rest of us.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:03 PM

13,278 posts, read 4,233,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Ahh..right..what did he say, now?
Right. Suggested that people aren't allowed to talk about their beliefs openly.

Cobblers. You can't expect to proclaim your religious ideas without being called on them. Religion no longer gets a free pass. Atheism doesn't either. we have to explain and justify what we say, why not religions?

What do you think?

He told me to tell you, '' He aint got yo keys.''

Must be one of them secret idioms nowadays, don't ask me!

Old 12-27-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You are welcome to tell me all about your god, but when I say NO MORE, or I walk away, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to continue--THAT IS CALLED STALKING and HARASSMENT.

Also, you have NO RIGHT to make others live by the laws you think your god-in-the-tiny-box wants ME and OTHERS to follow. He is your god-in-the-tiny-box, you follow his laws and stop imposing on the rest of us.
Stalking, Harrasment?

Dang bro!

O, you mean when they come to your house and see you on the street, huh?

Old 12-27-2015, 06:08 PM

20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
Stalking, Harrasment?

Dang bro!

O, you mean when they come to your house and see you on the street, huh?
I mean when they keep coming back after I have insulted them the first 5 times...LOL

I have take a few Mormon brothers to lunch and had a great time. But when the fundie at work starts telling me his testimony for the 32nd time, it becomes harassment...

Old 12-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I mean when they keep coming back after I have insulted them the first 5 times...LOL

I have take a few Mormon brothers to lunch and had a great time. But when the fundie at work starts telling me his testimony for the 32nd time, it becomes harassment...
Yeah, I get some costumers like that. I run a couple of storage facilities, and I have to lock after 3 months non payment, and a Christian woman be like,'' I thought you were a Christian, HOW DARE YOU LOCK MY UNIT, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A CHRISTIAN.''

Somehow, some people think business is mixed in there with their beliefs, and they are just there to tell you about God until somebody done got poked in the eye.

Sometimes you just gotta get you a .300 knockout, a throwin blade and some cameras and let it all go on Hardline with your wolf mask on.{always lookin for gamers}

Old 12-27-2015, 06:46 PM

My Mother and father are the biggest fundies around, I can't even watch a program on space, apparently, it doesn't and couldn't exist cause the earth is only 6000 years old.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:47 PM

194 posts, read 163,283 times
The world hates God. I don't remember the chapter or number line of this, but, Jesus did say the world would hate us for it, and that the world hated him first.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:16 PM

25,348 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Quote:
Yeah, I get some costumers like that. I run a couple of storage facilities, and I have to lock after 3 months non payment, and a Christian woman be like,'' I thought you were a Christian, HOW DARE YOU LOCK MY UNIT, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A CHRISTIAN.''
Well, she's a Christian, how dare she steal from you, which is what she's doing by locking her stuff up in your units and not paying, but also not bothering to remove her stuff since she can't pay?

People are really odd sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or