Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the reaction if Muslims had done them
It would be considered Islamic terrorism. 22 66.67%
It would be ignored. 0 0%
The story would not make national news. 4 12.12%
None of the above. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:25 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times

Advertisements

The media protects Islam, and tries to downplay their threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 02:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The media protects Islam, and tries to downplay their threat.
Maybe on your planet.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Since 9/11 Islamic terror has killed on average 3.2 Americans per year (domestically speaking).
We have not forgotten what happened on 9/11/2001. Our daughter was driving near the Pentagon when the plane flown by the Muslim Islamic Terrorists crashed into it. To her, the Terrorist attack is a recent memory.

Last edited by hiker45; 01-06-2016 at 05:10 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 05:41 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
We have not forgotten what happened on 9/11/2001. Our daughter was driving near the Pentagon when the plane flown by the Muslim Islamic Terrorists crashed into it. To her, the Terrorist attack is a recent memory.
We all remember it Hiker, of course we do. We all remember exactly where we were. My husband was in Baltimore at the time, due to fly back to the UK that day. I was teaching High School. I remember coming home in the afternoon and watching it all, and then not being able to get hold of my husband by phone because he couldn't get a line out of the country internationally. Most of his colleagues had checked out of the hotel and then couldn't check back in, so he shared his room for a few days because they cancelled all flights.
Everybody remembers it. It had a deep effect on all of us and still does.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
We all remember it Hiker, of course we do. We all remember exactly where we were. My husband was in Baltimore at the time, due to fly back to the UK that day. I was teaching High School. I remember coming home in the afternoon and watching it all, and then not being able to get hold of my husband by phone because he couldn't get a line out of the country internationally. Most of his colleagues had checked out of the hotel and then couldn't check back in, so he shared his room for a few days because they cancelled all flights.
Everybody remembers it. It had a deep effect on all of us and still does.
Absolutely.

The ripples still resonate. We in the Great White North took all your inbound flights because your airports were closed. Hundreds (thousands?) of your folks had to bunk with Canucks in far-flung parts for many days at a time until a semblance of normalcy was re-established.

Life-long friendships were born of stomach-churning disaster.

All who were of age on that day will always remember.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:25 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
You are correct. Americans also worry about being killed by other people residing I our country.

Based on gun sales, some Americans address this problem by carrying a gun themselves.
I think you missed the point old chap. Your first problem is not Muslims killing Americans, it is Americans killing Americans. Address your gun problem first.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
The fact are;
1. The Quran is both inherently good and evil.
More than 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran contain evil laden elements of various degrees with a no-holds-barred passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Can you give some examples?

Note my definition of Evil and details in this link;
http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog40415-what-evil.html
Evil = any acts and thoughts that are net-negative to the well being of the individual, other[s] and humanity. [excluding psychiatric cases].

I have spent a lot of time [full time] researching the Quran.
I have made detailed analysis of the Quran and one result is more than 55% of the 6,236 verses [i.e. 3,408 verses] contain evil laden elements of various degrees which range from less evil to most evil.

The majority of these 55% of evil laden elements comprised the lesser evil elements relating to the primal us versus them impulses in the most provocative sense that is directed against the disbelievers [infidels, kuffar, and non-Muslims].
The "us versus them" impulse is double-edged and has its positive elements but this impulse is directed very contemptuously against the non-Muslims and are stoked and inflamed by very violent elements.

Here is a sample of "us versus them" the 3,408 verses which has malignant and evil potentials directed against non-Muslims [Jews, Christians, idolaters, atheists, etc.] right from Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. [mine]
Chapter 1
1:6. Show us the Straight Path,
1:7. The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not (the path) of those [Infidels -Kuffar-Jews] who earn Thine anger nor of those [Christians-Infidels] who astray.

Chapter 2
2:6. As for the disbelievers [Infidels], whether thou warn them [infidels] or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they [infidels] believe not.
2:7. Allah hath sealed their [infidels'] hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs [infidels -kuffar] will be an awful doom.
2:8. And of mankind are some who say: We [Muslims] believe in Allah and the Last Day , when they [Kuffar] believe not.
2:9. They [infidels, Kuffar] think to beguile [trick mislead; delude.] Allah and those [Muslims] who believe, and they [infidels] beguile none save themselves; but they [the Kuffar] perceive not.
10. In their [infidels, Kuffar] hearts is a disease, and Allah increaseth their disease. A painful doom theirs [is the Kuffar's] because they lie.
11. And when it is said unto them [infidels]: Make not mischief in the earth, they [infidels] say: We are peacemakers only. [Imply Kuffar are deceptive and Liars]
12. Are not they [infidels, Kuffar] indeed the mischief makers? But they [infidels, Kuffar] perceive not.
13. And when it is said unto them [infidels]: Believe as the people believe, they [infidels] say: Shall we [infidels] believe as the foolish believe? Are not they [infidels] indeed the foolish? But they [infidels] know not.
14. And when they [infidels] fall in with those [Muslims] who believe, they say: We [infidels] believe; but when they [infidels] go apart to their [infidels] devils they [infidels] declare: Lo! we are with you; verily we did but mock. [Hypocrites]
15. Allah (Himself) doth mock them, leaving them [infidels] to wander blindly on in their contumacy. [Obstinate resistance]
16. These are they [the Infidels] who purchase error at the price of guidance, so their commerce doth not prosper, neither are they [infidels] guided. [infer loss and to hell on Judgment Day]
17. Their [the Infidels, Kuffar] likeness is as the likeness of one who kindleth fire, and when it sheddeth its light around him [infidels] Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them [the Infidels] in darkness, where they [infidels] cannot see,
18. Deaf, dumb and blind; and they [infidels] return not [to paradise]
19. Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder and the flash of lightning. They [infidels] thrust their fingers in their ears by reason of the thunder-claps, for fear [terror] of dead [death]. Allah encompasseth [total domination over?] the disbelievers [infidels] (in His guidance).
20. The lightning almost snatcheth away their [infidels] sight from them. As often as it flasheth forth for them they [infidels] walk therein, and when it darkeneth against them they stand still. If Allah willed, He could destroy their [the infidels'] hearing and their sight Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.

The above is a sample of the 3,408 evil laden verses that contain the "us versus them" in the malignant mode of contempt directed at non-Muslims.
And that is right from the start of the Quran and followed by more aggressive and very contemptuous feelings against the non-Muslims [kuffar, infidels] in the later chapters that follows.

I have an analysis of the full 3,408 evil laden verses by chapters and another 50++ sub-categories of evil categories [from lesser to the worst evil elements].
Except a few short chapters, the rest of most of the chapters of the Quran contain at least some evil laden verses.

This very malignant 55% of evil laden elements re "us versus them" form the nursery for other more evil elements to bloom into terrible evils that inspire SOME evil prone Muslims to commit evils and violence.
Note: the malignant aspect of the existence of prevalent "us versus them" elements is the fundamental cause of genocides.
see 10 Stages of Genocide

There are terrible evil laden verses in the Quran that dehumanized non-Muslims as if they are pieces of sh:t that do not deserved any human respect from Muslims at all.
58:20. Lo! those [infidels] who oppose Allah and His messenger, they [infidels] will be among the lowest. [of creatures]

98:6. Lo! those [infidels] who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They [infidels] are the worst of created beings.

While self-praising;
98:7. (And) lo! Those [proto-Muslims] who believe and do good works are the best of created beings.

Generally, non-Muslims are dehumanized as apes, swines-pigs, cattle, asses and the lowest of all creatures in the Quran [i.e. the core representative of Islam].

2:65. And ye know of those of you [the Jews] who broke the Sabbath, bow We said unto them [the Jews]: Be ye apes, despised and hated!

5:60 Worse is he [infidel] of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such [infidels] are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.
Upon extensive readings of the Quran I [as a non-Muslim] can feel I am also being brainwashed with contempt ['hate'] against the enemies Islam. What more if the readers are evil prone Muslims with natural violence tendencies and proclivities.
Fortunately I am objective and can psyched myself out of this abominable infection.

The natural and historical sequence was Muhammad started off as an ordinary preachers [as with most cult leaders] but he got angrier and VERY angrier with the idolaters, Jews and Christians as they rejected [plus tit-for-tat mockings and insults started by Muhammad] his message and claims as a prophet.

Eventually Muhammad had to resort to force and violence to get his way.
This is represented by the chronological order of the chapters of the Quran where the later Medinian verses are full of 'hate' and violence directed against the non-Muslims.
There are 300++ of verses relating to fighting and subjugation of the inferior non-Muslims and they are translated into reality by SOME evil prone Muslims as evident by the real terrible evils and violence we see then, now and will be in the future.

When Muhammad left for Medinia and 12++ [??] years after he started preaching he only had 100++
followers but ended with 100,000++ followers with thousands of fighting soldiers after 10++ years.
See the drastic change in his number of followers which can only achieve by violence and motivated spoils of wars, women and slaves rather than the religious message.

I suggest you read the Quran objectively and thoroughly and you will definitely understand my claims, i.e.;

The Quran is both inherently good and evil.
More than 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran contain evil laden elements of various degrees with a no-holds-barred passport.

Last edited by Continuum; 01-07-2016 at 12:48 AM..

Old 01-07-2016, 06:25 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Address your gun problem first.
Personally, I do not have a gun problem. I have lived in the United States of America for all of my 70 years and I think our nation is wonderful.

Other Americans think their "gun problem" is that they do not have enough guns and they are afraid our leaders may want to take away their guns. Their solution is to go out and buy more guns.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Personally, I do not have a gun problem.
That would be the generic 'your'.

Quote:
Other Americans think their "gun problem" is that they do not have enough guns and they are afraid our leaders may want to take away their guns. Their solution is to go out and buy more guns.
Yes...that's why I wrote...
'America has a gun problem; it also has an IQ problem...and the second problem makes it very difficult to solve the first problem.'

Old 01-07-2016, 01:23 PM

639 posts, read 579,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Three News stories and not one is called terrorism.

Impressive Arsenal Found in Car Outside Mass. Stadium

Alaska Man Crashes Plane Into Wife's Workplace

Cliven Bundy Son, Militia Take Over Fed Building

What would be the reaction if they were done by Muslims?
It would depend on what his motivation was, Isn't that the only difference between an attack and a terrorist attack? There is a definition for the word weather people want to use it or not doesn't make them right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality