Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 08:09 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times

Advertisements

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A single orb in the center of the photo, at the person's knee level.

The term orb describes unexpected, typically circular artifacts that occur in flash photography — sometimes with trails indicating motion — especially common with modern compact and ultra-compact digital cameras.

Orbs are also sometimes called backscatter, orb backscatter, or near-camera reflection.

From paranormal.lovetoknow.com

Spirit orbs captured on film arouse curiosity in even the most hardened skeptic. Many believers in the paranormal study spirit orbs or ghost orbs for clues about their origin. While many dismiss these orbs as nothing more than pollen, dust or moisture captured the instant the investigator snapped a picture, others aren't so sure. Several theories emerge to explain orbs. Are they representations of human spirits in the form of energy balls, or are they more wondrous than a mere human ghost? Theories include: Ghost Orbs, Angelic Beings, Spirit Guides

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

So what do you believe? Are all Orbs the same, meaning either one definition or the other is 100% incorrect? Or are their truths to both explanations?

I have captured several Orbs over the years on camera. I really had no explanation for the nature of the Orbs, as both trains of thought above flow through my mind. I'm on the fence, a skeptic of each explanation, and a believer of both.

My oldest grandson is now 6. Since he was born he visits regularly. For babysitting purposes I put up a monitor/camera with night vision. When he's put in bed he can be monitored. For years I have captured video of Orbs. Here's just one of many clips. At :10 he starts to move, and then the Orb activity starts. Is it just dust from the bed, or are the Orbs aroused by my grandsons movement? Every time I watch, all I can think is they don't look like dust.

Here's a short clip of my grandson. What do you think? Watch at :10 and at 1:00 when two come together.

https://youtu.be/xZvqnwhm5xQ

Last edited by metalmancpa; 01-07-2016 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 10:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
I believe that eye witness accounts ALONE are the lowest from of evidence that we have when it comes to explaining the unknown.

Last edited by Matadora; 01-07-2016 at 11:04 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 03:15 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
I do not think after reflective flashes in the motion camera or the reflection light in the after flashes of the eye are of the realm of the spirit ......................, and I do not believe that human being spirit of the dead people occupy the earth as ghost .................. But I do believe there is spirit realms of the natural flesh were demonic celestial beings live and there other realm of the Holy Angels can live in , where demonic spirit can be seen in very short times in the natural realm with human , and even Holy angels and fallen angels against God can be seen in very short times in the natural realm with man but then disappear back into the spirit realm ................... Then there are spears or stars of light seen from the head being knocked , or high blood pressure light spears , which are the work of the demonic spirit to confuse man ............Still the pure white eternal light of the living God which has been witnessed many times by man is non carbon and has no color . like no red, no yellow , no blue, no purple....

Old 01-08-2016, 04:19 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,673 times
A single spec of moisture or certain types of dust on or in front of the lens could produce the same effect when observed in only a photo or video.

A light source (such as a window) on the opposite wall which is allowing a focused beam of light in a place which might have multiple mixtures of dust particles and moisture could do the same if the glow appears to the people in the room.

In the case of the video linked....most likely a combination of things. Moisture content in the air coupled with dust and/or small insects. The video is slower than a real time frame rate so it's difficult to determine how fast some of those specs are floating or buzzing around.

Really....it's very rarely unexplainable. And even when it isn't easily explainable, why take a small mystery and add bigger mysteries on top?

Old 01-08-2016, 08:56 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
A single spec of moisture or certain types of dust on or in front of the lens could produce the same effect when observed in only a photo or video.

A light source (such as a window) on the opposite wall which is allowing a focused beam of light in a place which might have multiple mixtures of dust particles and moisture could do the same if the glow appears to the people in the room.

In the case of the video linked....most likely a combination of things. Moisture content in the air coupled with dust and/or small insects. The video is slower than a real time frame rate so it's difficult to determine how fast some of those specs are floating or buzzing around.

Really....it's very rarely unexplainable. And even when it isn't easily explainable, why take a small mystery and add bigger mysteries on top?
Precisely.

Moving orbs in videos can be simply digital artifacts, noise and imperfections, dust, insects, reflections, light bouncing around inside the camera lens barrel, etc.

Increasingly, digital cameras do post processing intended to enhance the image which can unintentionally intensify aspects of the image that draw attention to themselves. In addition most people don't realize that by default, "raw" still images are discarded and all that remains is a compressed JPEG file which is a "lossy" compression format that introduces small imperfections. This saves storage space on the camera and the difference isn't noticeable to most people, but probably now and again adds artifacts that are sufficiently fuzzy to serve as fodder for the imagination.

But as Martin points out ... even if there's something unexplained, that is just an unknown and we should not make up backstories for it.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:04 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

The term orb describes unexpected, typically circular artifacts that occur in flash photography — sometimes with trails indicating motion — especially common with modern compact and ultra-compact digital cameras.

Orbs are also sometimes called backscatter, orb backscatter, or near-camera reflection.

So what do you believe? Are all Orbs the same, meaning either one definition or the other is 100% incorrect? Or are their truths to both explanations?

Not much different from the discovery of "Rods" appearing in videos. They thought all kinds of things before it was proven that they are produced by the camera, under certain conditions. Nothing spooky here to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality