Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:38 AM

20 posts, read 20,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Psa 105:26-37 He sent Moses, His servant, And Aaron whom He had chosen." (27) He placed the words of His signs before them, And His miracles before the country of Ham." (28) He sent darkness, and it became very dark, And they could not defy His words." (29) He turned their waters to blood, And He put their fish to death." (30) Their country swarmed with frogs, Into the chambers of their kings." (31) He spoke, and there came a mixture of flies, Lice in all their territory." (32) He turned their downpours to hail, With fiery bolts blazing in their country." (33) He smote their vines and their fig trees, And He broke down the trees of their territory." (34) He spoke, and the locust came, And the young-locust and they were without number." (35) It devoured all the herbage in their country And devoured the fruit of their ground. (36) Then He smote all the firstborn in their country, The beginning of all their virility." (37) Thus He brought His people forth with silver and gold, And there was no one stumbling among their tribes."

Context is everything.

Yes, God creates evil and uses it for ultimate good.
Exactly !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyFancy View Post
Exactly !
Oh my gosh! She IS Mrs. Eusie!

Old 02-25-2016, 10:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Oh my gosh! She IS Mrs. Eusie!
I had a hunch.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:46 AM

20 posts, read 20,545 times
Do only married people agree with each other?

Old 02-25-2016, 10:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyFancy View Post
Do only married people agree with each other?
It's just that so few agree with Eusie. You're in quite an exclusive club. I'm sure he's hoping you stick around these parts.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:52 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's just that so few agree with Eusie. You're in quite an exclusive club. I'm sure he's hoping you stick around these parts.
And out of those very few, Nancy may be the only female.... At least the only female that hangs around outside the Christianity forum.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
I don't have to hide anything. I'm just saving you the embarrassment of you being so wrong.
No such thing has happened here yet. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
Sure, and you always pick cases you don't agree with. Uh huh. Yea, sure.
You just made that up. You do not know what I do with other cases. We are discussing THIS case. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
I am right. You are wrong.
Empty throw away sentence from you which does not actually reply to what I wrote, and does not describe reality in any way. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
I think you need to read this:
I think you need to read it. Because nothing in the actual text of the argument shows that anything was "proven wrong". Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.
Quote:
Newton's laws work only in certain situations.
My point exactly. Glad to see you are catching up. He was not proven wrong by Einstein. What Einstein did was refine how, when, and why we apply Newtonian Theory. Nothing more. No one was "wrong" here. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
Einstein's theory is different and upsets the Newtonian apple cart.
No it does not such thing. It shows us where, how, and in many ways why, Newtonian physics applies. They are perfectly complimentary. But your error is one that easy to make for someone who does not understand science and attempts to get their understanding from blog opinion pieces rather than actual science texts. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
I was answering that statement.
I know what statement you were answering already. The issue is you claimed, entirely falsely, that the statement was mine. And when caught on it you do not even have the decency to admit and retract the error. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
303guy cannot prove I owe him 100,000 dollars and you cannot prove the Bible is incorrect.
Exactly my point and you just made it for me. You are demanding that he prove a positive claim. You are demanding everyone else prove a negative one. It is YOU that can not prove any event in the Bible actually ever happened. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
303guy made the claim I owe him 100,000 dollars. According to you, he has to supply the burden of proof. Likewise, the person who makes the claim the Bible is nothing but fairy tales has to supply the burden of proof.
Nope. Again it does not work that way. He has to prove his claim is true, that you own him the money. You have to prove your claim is true, that the Bible is true. The only reason you pretend other people have to prove it false, is that you know as well as I do that you simply can not do it. Forget completely. You can not even do it a LITTLE. You have literally no arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to offer, on this thread or any other, to support the claim the bible is true. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Quote:
Prove the Bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales.
When I make that claim, I will be happy to prove it. Given however I did not make that claim, you are in no position to demand that I prove it. MY claim is that no one here, least of all you, has provided a shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to indicate that the events in the Bible actually happened. Now if you take a little sugar with that medicine, it will help it go down.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:40 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
But if God made humans and if he knows how each of them is going to turn out, he is allowing evil to happen when he could easily stop it. Being able to prevent/stop evil but not doing so is evil in itself.
No but you see .... it's all part of Gods plan. Yeah right.

God sounds like a sick God!

Old 02-26-2016, 01:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I was raised by Catholic parents, and I am really starting to laugh at the idea of going to Heaven. I think it's as bad as Hell (no pun intended). I think Heaven is a paradise for people who want to remain virgins and being prudes forever. If that's what our destiny is like, God is a sick God. It doesn't help that he's ignoring what's happening with the planet getting worse in this generation.

I refuse to accept anything that's supposed to go beyond our understanding, that fact is a sick, cold reality in itself.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no reasoned case for a physical, beautiful afterlife. Why is the physical stuff on this planet so evil?

/rant
I think this video pretty much sums up a large swath of the sickness.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:11 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No but you see .... it's all part of Gods plan. Yeah right.

God sounds like a sick God!
Sounds to me that sinful men commiting evil acts out of their own free will is sick. Would you prefer that God had never created you in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality