Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 04:10 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry to learn of your wife's suffering and your loss. My heart felt sympathy goes out to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 05:08 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm so sorry to learn of your wife's suffering and your loss. My heart felt sympathy goes out to you.
Thanks. It is water over the bridge, she died 9 years ago and I've moved on. Right back at you with regard to your son. No parent should ever have to witness the death of a child. Ever.

Here we are, a couple of reprobates and we have more compassion for each other than was in evidence for this alleged deity. Let the reader take note.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:55 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I was raised by Catholic parents, and I am really starting to laugh at the idea of going to Heaven. I think it's as bad as Hell (no pun intended). I think Heaven is a paradise for people who want to remain virgins and being prudes forever. If that's what our destiny is like, God is a sick God. It doesn't help that he's ignoring what's happening with the planet getting worse in this generation.

I refuse to accept anything that's supposed to go beyond our understanding, that fact is a sick, cold reality in itself.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no reasoned case for a physical, beautiful afterlife. Why is the physical stuff on this planet so evil?

/rant
If you are worried about it, you are stuck with it. then you have to deal with it, somehow? If you did not care, you would not think about it.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
insane to sacrifice your only son? how selfish. Again proof that personality traits/mental state define how the belief is expressed. It is not the other way around dispite how the mentals rant and rave.
No, it cost God dearly, so how could it be selfish on His part? And Christ willingly went to the cross for you to undo all Adam did.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Thanks. It is water over the bridge, she died 9 years ago and I've moved on. Right back at you with regard to your son. No parent should ever have to witness the death of a child. Ever.

Here we are, a couple of reprobates and we have more compassion for each other than was in evidence for this alleged deity. Let the reader take note.
Sure, use the death of 303guy's son to get at those who have faith. That is pretty sickening. You should be totally ashamed of yourself!

Old 02-07-2016, 06:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, it cost God dearly, so how could it be selfish on His part? And Christ willingly went to the cross for you to undo all Adam did.
G-d hates human sacrifice...

G-d says that no one may die for the sins of another, that each man shall die for his own sins.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:45 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Sure, use the death of 303guy's son to get at those who have faith. That is pretty sickening. You should be totally ashamed of yourself!
Maybe it is only sickening to you because it is a true and worthy counter-testimony. The only shame on display here is you considering suffering to be in any way acceptable, and accusing people of demanding rainbows and unicorns when all they want is for them and their loved ones to be safe and okay so they can merely continue to struggle for their continued existence with no more or less to deal with than the next person.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:53 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Let's not obfuscate southernb. This isn't about someone arguing for the existence of a golden teapot or Bigfoot. This is about people saying God didn't create the heavens and earth or God didn't create mankind without evolution. The people who make these claims have no proof. It is just their say-so.

I wasn't making the argument: "there is no proof, therefore it is." I was making the argument that it is improper to state the Bible is untrue as to creation of the universe and mankind since the one making such a spurious argument has no proof it is untrue.
Yes, we have proof that the Bible is untrue as to the creation of the universe. One being in the verses
Quote:
Genesis 1:
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
1.Science has proven that the Sun (the greater light to rule the day) is the same all of the other stars in the universe.
2.Science has proven that the moon (the lesser light to rule the night) is NOT at light.
3.Science has proven that the Sun was NOT formed less than 100000 years ago since the photons that currently are providing energy to the Earth were generated by the sun more than 100,000 years ago and probably as long as 1,000,000 years ago from the beginning of their journeys from the core of the sun.

So, yes, the Bible creation story has been proven wrong, thereby putting into question all of the other extraordinary claims of the Bible.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:38 PM

589 posts, read 331,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1965 View Post
g-d hates human sacrifice...

G-d says that no one may die for the sins of another, that each man shall die for his own sins.
yup.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:51 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
303Guy, I am very very sorry for your son's death. I have a daughter and know if she died I would be very saddened.
Thank you. I hope you never face such a loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality