Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 01:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is because they were brainwashed with the theory of Uniformitarianism rather than properly instructed in Catastrophism.
So..apparently...the geologists at the NPS are supposed to watch cheaply-made videos of fundamentalists.... claiming whatever they want.... to learn the truth. Instead of attending university and doing years of field work at the Grand Canyon.

Uh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,210,566 times
Quote:
How do you know they are the only ones?
If they are the only ones, maybe it is because they are some of the ones in a position of authority who know the truth of the matter.

Don't you think it is improper to suggest, which is really what you are doing, that if one believes in a Young Earth Creation that they can't possibly use common sense on other matters?

I'm sure your scientists would look at the sedimentary layers of Mt. St. Helens and say it took millions of years to form those layers and millions to carve them just like they do the sedimentary layers of the Grand Canyon.
The claims of the Grand Canyon being proof of the great flood always points back to Morris (as their "science" credential) and his YEC group. And I have yet to see a non-YEC explanation which agrees with him. And if the YEC science was spot on, they wouldn't need the shamwow guy to advocate and sell it for them. They would be in the science textbook.

The reality is that the details of how the Grand Canyon came to be as it is today, is still debated to some degree. But among geologists that have studied the GC, only the YEC guy postulates a world wide flood and that the GC was formed within 10,000 years.

See, anybody can construct a hypothesis which is logically sound. But being logically sound doesn't make something true, or even demonstrate it is possible. For instance, I could hypothesize that my ability to fly has really helped me to see things from a better perspective. That's a logically sound statement...unfortunately it requires a presupposition that I can actually fly and does nothing to make that believable.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:38 PM

48 posts, read 23,627 times
Quote:
At 27:42 the speaker talks about it being impossible for a river to cut out the Grand Canyon. It goes to 33:54.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3s8QGpaKQ

For instance, how did the Colorado river flow uphill for thousands of feet to cut the Grand Canyon?
Only a world-wide flood could have accomplished this.
And some say there is no evidence of a world-wide flood!
Or water didn't flow uphill and there was no world wide flood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wa_ey3jGPs

I like this posting videos thing. If you want you can start it at around 3:30 and at 7:07.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,926,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So..apparently...the geologists at the NPS are supposed to watch cheaply-made videos of fundamentalists.... claiming whatever they want.... to learn the truth. Instead of attending university and doing years of field work at the Grand Canyon.

Uh huh.
Probably wouldn't hurt. It would at least be a step in the right direction.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:42 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,094,900 times
Quote:
Probably wouldn't hurt. It would at least be a step in the right direction.
No step in the direction you think is the right step.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIIV View Post
Or water didn't flow uphill and there was no world wide flood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wa_ey3jGPs

I like this posting videos thing. If you want you can start it at around 3:30 and at 7:07.
So the speaker in the video makes a living at making a mockery of God and the Bible. So what's new?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
It would at least be a step in the right direction.
It would be a fall down the rabbit hole of massive ignorance. A hole dug by fundamentalists who fear anyone with an IQ in the triple digits....and an education.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
It would be a fall down the rabbit hole of massive ignorance. A hole dug by fundamentalists who fear anyone with an IQ in the triple digits....and an education.
I agree, to continue on believing Uniformitarianism would be to do as you state above. Hey, we are only trying to deprogram some of these brainwashed "scholars."

How do you know fundamentalists fear anyone with an IQ in the triple digits and an education? Do you have scientific proof of that assertion?

Old 01-22-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:

How do you know fundamentalists fear anyone with an IQ in the triple digits and an education?
I read your posts.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I read your posts.
None of my posts have postulated scientific proof that fundamentalists fear people with IQ's as great as theirs nor fear an education. So how could you have gotten this scientific proof from my posts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality