Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Good grief, you are working off of old data...
Nope I used the most current data available.

Look at the data you posted it is much older than what I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 03:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes he did and here are his exact words

Doesn't look to me that he was arguing religion...He was merely stating a fact...

Quote:
Yes I have.
No...You haven't and you know it...Jews do not proselytize, so, I can't figure out how or where you heard plenty of them arguing religion...

Quote:
Is this how your religion teaches you to behave?
No...I just have a huge issue with people that talk out their arses and present poorly researched material...

Quote:
If so I now get why the Jewish religion is only followed by 1.9% here in the US.
That is 1.9% of the TOTAL ADULT POPULATION of the US...Not just the Jews...There are approximately 4.2 million adult Jews residing in the US...Considering the link below indicating the number of religions in the US and the percentages that follow each one, roughly, it would be understandable...Christianity is the largest demographic...And they are the ones that bible-thump...Actually, I think that they are the only ones that bible-thump...

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rent_estimates

Oh, and by the way, your last sentence there is grammatically incorrect...Just thought that you would like to know that...

BTW...If the very uneducated are the most religious, how do you explain that most of the people in the major religions here in the US are college educated?...Especially Rabbis and preachers...These individuals have doctorates...You'd think that since they have doctorates that they would no longer be religious...

Old 01-18-2016, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Nope I used the most current data available.

Look at the data you posted it is much older than what I posted.
Nah...You definitely had your population facts wrong...

Old 01-18-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Doesn't look to me that he was arguing religion...He was merely stating a fact...
That was the sneaky appearance he gave...he wanted to argue his Rabbi silly knowledge that is meaningless to me as well as to the topic of this thread.
Quote:
No...You haven't and you know it...Jews do not proselytize, so, I can't figure out how or where you heard plenty of them arguing religion.
Well you would be wrong as I have heard and seen it. However here you go...you can watch it in the God Delusion.

Pretty disguising mentality from this Jew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSTvJ2a2Es

Quote:
No...I just have a huge issue with people that talk out their arses and present poorly researched material...
I don't believe you. You have misrepresented the truth over and over. You are just an angry bitter soul.

Quote:
That is 1.9% of the TOTAL ADULT POPULATION of the US.
I live in the US so therefore that is the figure I purposely chose to use.

Quote:
BTW...If the very uneducated are the most religious, how do you explain that most of the people in the major religions here in the US are college educated?...Especially Rabbis and preachers...These individuals have doctorates...You'd think that since they have doctorates that they would no longer be religious...
LOL show me the data. And it had better be credible.

It's a common understanding that the less educated you are the more likely you are following a religion.

Ignorance and religion go hand in hand.

Look it up and knock yourself out.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Nah...You definitely had your population facts wrong...
Prove it.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:23 AM

Quote:
You do know that you are arguing with a Rabbi, don't you?...Someone who would know better of what's going on in Israel...
A Rabbi living in the US...I highly doubt they know more of what's going on in Israel. He showed his knowledge and it did not represent Israel at all.

Beside who really cares? The labels people give to themselves mean nothing to me. I know my facts and I will gladly share them with anyone who's interested in discussing them.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,293 times
How did this thread go from the Icelanders to the "chosen people" and their religion?

Old 01-18-2016, 04:27 AM

2,675 posts, read 1,262,453 times
Quote:
The 60% of Icelanders came from the news article. The 30% comes from the US Census Bureau. Have you ever heard of the US Census Bureau?
Giving a source for your data does not constitute presenting any logical link between two points that you claim. Simply put (and I am really trying to be simple here for your sake) you made 3 unconnected claims and provide sources which point in unrelated directions. Claiming that the math in each source is accurate and points to the separate points does nothing to redeem the illogical of the position you establish as a coherent whole. I hope you stay far away from fields that require a basic understanding of argument, logic and rhetoric.
Quote:

See America why we are in trouble? I am marveling at how utterly obtuse you are...you don't even know how to look things up before making such ignorant comments.

Here are the top 3 countries out of the 10.

Religion in South Korea is characterized by the fact that almost half (46.5%) of South Koreans have no religion.

Religion in Germany is estimated that (33.5%) of the country's population is not affiliated with any church or religion.

Religion in Sweden according to the Eurobarometer Poll 2010 (34%) answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force".
HEY! That's great. I made claim A and you responded by present facts B through E.

I said, "2 of the 3 countries in the top 10 which saw an increase in STEM degrees from 2002 to 2012 have strong religious identities and presences." Of course, I was referring to Mexico and Portugal out of the trio of Mexico, Portugal and Estonia, the only three countries which saw a rise in STEM degrees between 2002 and 2012, and you responded with data about S. Korea, Germany and Sweden because you misread that to be a claim about the TOP 3 countries. That's brilliant!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
That was the sneaky appearance he gave...he wanted to argue his Rabbi silly knowledge that is meaningless to me as well as to the topic of this thread.
Talk about being paranoid...

Quote:
Well you would be wrong as I have heard and seen it. However here you go...you can watch it in the God Delusion.

Pretty disguising mentality from this Jew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSTvJ2a2Es
Yea, well, like I said, your research is pretty poor....That was a Muslim in that video, not a Jew...Look at tit again...

Quote:
I don't believe you. You have misrepresented the truth over and over. You are just an angry bitter soul.
You don't have to believe me...Live in your little bubble...That's your choice...

Quote:
I live in the US so therefore that is the figure I purposely chose to use.
Yea, and you totally ignored the link to the graph I offered...And, Yea, I know you chose it because you live in the US, but that was the census of the US...It showed that 1.9% of the TOTAL AMERICAN ADULT POPULATION are Jews...You know very well that I was not talking about Jews outside the US...

Quote:
LOL show me the data. And it had better be credible.

It's a common understanding that the less educated you are the more likely you are following a religion.

Ignorance and religion go hand in hand.

Look it up and knock yourself out.
Already did look it up...I even gave you a link to the Gallup Poll, you chose not to peruse it...So, remain ignorant for all I care...

Old 01-18-2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
A Rabbi living in the US...I highly doubt they know more of what's going on in Israel. He showed his knowledge and it did not represent Israel at all.

Beside who really cares? The labels people give to themselves mean nothing to me. I know my facts and I will gladly share them with anyone who's interested in discussing them.
Honey, you do realize that you have already responded to this post, don't you?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality