Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw0307 View Post
I don't understand your question
What you felt. Does it really match what is coming out of your mouth (or posts)now? Are you sure you are not trying to make this work with what you already know from someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 07:59 PM

48 posts, read 32,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What you felt. Does it really match what is coming out of your mouth (or posts)now? Are you sure you are not trying to make this work with what you already know from someone else?
No I'm not trying to make it work with what anyone or anything else says. Faith comes first.after that the scales are taken away and you know. After you are born again you know. You know Jesus is God as much as you know the sky is blue. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! I testify that this is true. I was a new creature the moment I was saved.

Of course after I was saved I had all the skeptic questions about the Bible. I brought them to a very knowledgeable person and tried to find any contradictions or anything that didn't add up. I didn't just rest on the experience I had, though to me it was enough to know Jesus was God. Doing his only added to the strength of my faith.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:11 PM

Who was this knowledgeable person? There are a crap load of contradictions in the bible. Did this person show you them and give you a logical explanation or did this person fail to mention them?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Who was this knowledgeable person? There are a crap load of contradictions in the bible. Did this person show you them and give you a logical explanation or did this person fail to mention them?
no there isn't. fire away

Old 02-05-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
no there isn't. fire away
I'll ask you again if there were would you want to know? It wasn't that long ago you started this thread so you could defend your belief system. You then stated you would want to know if there was another explanation. In a very short time you came back restating your original beliefs. I suspect you asked someone that had the those beliefs so you could confirm them. Did you even attempt to prove yourself wrong? A quick google search would turn up all the information on contradictions you want. https://www.google.com/#q=bible+contradictions

It seems to be you just want an audience so you can cement your beliefs via the backfire effect. This game you are playing with yourself could very well lead to insanity.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:36 PM

Please post specific contradictions. ive already seen videos and pages of this stuff and saw through the deception. I don't want to look through all this and spend hours looking up scripture showing why it's wrong when you probably don't hardly care.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Please post specific contradictions. ive already seen videos and pages of this stuff and saw through the deception. I don't want to look through all this and spend hours looking up scripture showing why it's wrong when you probably don't hardly care.
Fine, make me do your work. First though, who was this knowledgeable person?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Fine, make me do your work. First though, who was this knowledgeable person?
my mom who has studied the Bible and other religions for 40+ years. im not trying to make you do all the work but the first link you sent me looked like it had hundreds of alleged contradictions and that's just kind of crazy to expect me to answer especially since you could easily just be trolling me and already know the truth but just want to waste my time. your username doesn't exactly make me believe you genuinely are seeking the truth or that anything I say will matter to you whether I prove your claims false or not

Old 02-05-2016, 09:05 PM

please only use the KJV Bible or NIV as I know there are false Bibles put out there to deceive. even the NIV isn't free of this completely.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
my mom who has studied the Bible and other religions for 40+ years. im not trying to make you do all the work but the first link you sent me looked like it had hundreds of alleged contradictions and that's just kind of crazy to expect me to answer especially since you could easily just be trolling me and already know the truth but just want to waste my time. your username doesn't exactly make me believe you genuinely are seeking the truth or that anything I say will matter to you whether I prove your claims false or not

Dude, your mom doesn't count no matter how cool she is. If I had listened to my mom I would be a 47 year old virgin who never married or had children because the end of the world was so close and a good Christian would devote all the remaining time to spreading the message. Would it make you feel better that the only ones who consider me as an apostate are the Jehovah's Witnesses? Scientologist or Mormon couldn't give a crap less about me saying anything. Maybe the part about calling BS on mind control groups, but technically I still wouldn't be an apostate to them.

That wasn't a link, it was search results for what you are trying not to look at. I think it's funny you would say I know the truth and are trolling you. I have no more truth than you or you than I.

I will find some contradictions for you to practice on. It might take me a day or two because I want to research all the counter arguments first. I have only done that with a few. It wasn't the contradictions that lead me to believe that book wasn't divinely inspired. Why don't you post a supposed contradiction and then defend it? In the meantime you might enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g...DDWoQ&index=34
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality