Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 02:29 PM

205 posts, read 374,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
rr jack wrote:

I couldn't help but notice that mr jack responded to his own post from May of last year with the statement today of "end of that". I thought that was interesting. Have you been pondering that one for the last year jack?
Anyway, it is a topic worth considering, why doesn't God say something and why is he such a wallflower? I know he's kinda shy and likes to maintain his privacy but if I was as smart as God I think I'd try to pitch in and help some of the problems around the world like starvation, wars, the destruction of our environment, etc.
those are alll add on i wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 03:37 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,570,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
If God want;s us to know something more than what we are born to know why dosn't he just say it and save us all the agony?

It's because the all-knowing, all-powerful god of the Bible is capable of doing anything and everything except speaking for himself.

He leaves that to whacked out fundamentalists. They always claim to speak with him.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:09 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,289,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
He does. We choose to not listen.

Bud
I agree, God speaks, but people do not hear Him or block Him out.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.

The problem is that to many of us open ourselfs up to, to many voices and when God speaks to us, we don't recognize Him.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM

857 posts, read 1,418,791 times
If god spoke to us it would take away our free will. we would no longer have a choice on whether to believe or not, no more faith, just fact. it would ruin what it means to have the human experience of wondering what life is for or how we should live our lives. we would all just listen to him answer these questions and just do whatever he told us, we would be slaves to his will (maybe not a bad thing?).

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,832,770 times
Default Oh well.

Faith must occur through Time. It takes time, but maybe there is no God for all of time; is that it with your blasphemies?

Last edited by tgnostic; 02-19-2009 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,320,161 times
Quote:
If God want;s us to know something more than what we are born to know why dosn't he just say it and save us all the agony?
He does. You should read the book, Why God Does Not Go Away. You just have to listen hard enough.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:26 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,693,457 times
Quote:
He does thru his spiritual leaders who are all humans that want the masses to follow whatever they happen to say (in the name of God of course).

Religious leaders have been using that as a form of power for eons.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,339,853 times
Quote:
Make believe friends don’t answer questions; we have to answer those for our self. I see religion as a way humanity has dodged responsibility through out their history. We commit humanities worst atrocities and condone it by pointing to one god or another. It is time to stop looking for the make believe friend to speak and accept responsibility for our actions.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

30 posts, read 50,573 times
One cannot hear God, but if we can be still enough in our body and mind we can feel Him. (IF HE REALLY IS A "HIM"...Who knows?)

God does not respond to our egoic cries when it's nature (the "EGO" that is) is to support and defend it's own opinions and beliefs. The spiritual realm of God is not a democracy. I would say it's a one way stream of the devine creators intention.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:03 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,289,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
If god spoke to us it would take away our free will. we would no longer have a choice on whether to believe or not, no more faith, just fact. it would ruin what it means to have the human experience of wondering what life is for or how we should live our lives. we would all just listen to him answer these questions and just do whatever he told us, we would be slaves to his will (maybe not a bad thing?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality