Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 AM

261 posts, read 156,570 times

Advertisements

Masturbation, in private, should be included in all school sex education classes as a sensible alternative to jumping into bed too soon with a partner. Kids need to be mature enough to enter into a sexual relationship in a responsible manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,915,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
Masturbation, in private, should be included in all school sex education classes as a sensible alternative to jumping into bed too soon with a partner. Kids need to be mature enough to enter into a sexual relationship in a responsible manner.
I'm pretty sure I didn't need no sex ed class to figure out about masturbation.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 AM

261 posts, read 156,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't need no sex ed class to figure out about masturbation.
But sex education should be part of a school curriculum, because kids don't always work things out for themselves correctly!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
But sex education should be part of a school curriculum, because kids don't always work things out for themselves correctly!
Yes, that ambidextrous thing was confusing for a while.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,369,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It seems to me that this thread only exists to poke fun at Christianity again.
Or more accurately you are using this thread only to push your persecution narrative again. Every chance you get, you scream persecution.

In fact for the most part, excluding an incidental side reference to it by mordant, your post was the only one making it about Christianity at all.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:37 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In the past, there was certainly a lot discussion by churches that taught the "sin of Odin" as many euphemistically called masturbation, although some included it as sodomy.
It's Onan, not Odin!

Old 02-11-2016, 11:02 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,410,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
It's Onan, not Odin!

Oh man, it's O-nan!

(I couldn't resist the pun!)

Old 02-11-2016, 11:41 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I was raised in a church that was against it and it was definitely a "sin" and talked about at youth groups. I was once forced to go to one of those CIY christian youth retreat things by my parents and one of the teachers there had a whole whole seminar about masturbation for the guys. I remember his "testimony" about how he broke free from masturbation and no longer does it (yeah right). Anyways I'm pretty sure I rubbed one out that night at church camp due to all the hot christian girls running around.

I believe if a guy (and girls for that matter) doesn't have a release once a week or so, that you can't think straight and begin to make bad decisions .

This is just one example of how christianity represses people sexually and makes them feel bad and guilty about normal human desires. Every guy masturbates, if they don't they are either a) a liar or b) completely weird and possibly dangerous to society c) too old to function.
Agree on all points!

Telling especially teenage boys it's a sin/don't do it is just absolutely cruel. Because they ARE going to do it... it's nature taking its course. But then to have them feel guilty about it is just wrong! You might as well tell your kids that pooping is a sin

Old 02-11-2016, 12:04 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Agree on all points!

Telling especially teenage boys it's a sin/don't do it is just absolutely cruel. Because they ARE going to do it... it's nature taking its course. But then to have them feel guilty about it is just wrong! You might as well tell your kids that pooping is a sin
Yep. That's one of the ways religion controls people: by convincing people (starting in childhood) that natural biological processes are evil (sex, masturbation, death, etc). It's a great way to generate fear and guilt in people, which allows them to be controlled.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
It's Onan, not Odin!

Just testing.

Good catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality