Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times

Advertisements

Francis Collins. Devout evangelical Christian, esteemed scientist, head of the Human Genome Project,believer in evolution and that God created humans somehow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Clearly delusional

Old 02-11-2016, 01:40 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Francis Collins. Devout evangelical Christian, esteemed scientist, head of the Human Genome Project,believer in evolution and that God created humans somehow.

I'm not a creationist. I read his book, The Language of God. Folks who are stuck on creationism and Intelligent Design won't get it.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:47 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
He is an agnostic who puts God in a box and dictated against God , and proclaims that God the creator is not a creator , so then he sides with the political left , probably more money there for his studies

Old 02-11-2016, 08:27 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
He is an agnostic who puts God in a box and dictated against God , and proclaims that God the creator is not a creator , so then he sides with the political left , probably more money there for his studies

You do not agree with him therefore he must be dishonest. You do not agree with him therefore he cannot be religious. Is there not a commandment against false testimony?

Many belief in both a god and evolution or god and plate tectonics or god and the expanding universe. Probably more belief in god and evoluton than beleive that you have the say in who is a Christian or who actually beleives in God.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

I wasn't familiar with him specifically, but I've heard of his organization, BioLogos. I believe they have compromised in their belief. I don't believe evolution and Christianity are compatible and I think the organization-and him by extension--are willing to compromise that which they claim to believe.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I wasn't familiar with him specifically, but I've heard of his organization, BioLogos. I believe they have compromised in their belief. I don't believe evolution and Christianity are compatible and I think the organization-and him by extension--are willing to compromise that which they claim to believe.
You say he's "compromised" his beliefs.

Others might say he's incorporated truth into them.

But I realize truth is anathema to many "believers."

Old 02-11-2016, 09:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You say he's "compromised" his beliefs.

Others might say he's incorporated truth into them.

But I realize truth is anathema to many "believers."
Considering you have been an outspoken critic of just about everything I believe in, the fact that you support him and not me is reassuring.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Considering you have been an outspoken critic of just about everything I believe in, the fact that you support him and not me is reassuring.
The fact you ignore truth in favour of myths is unsurprising. You keep your Fundashield burnished to a high gloss. But I'm happy you feel reassured. I understand that one whose faith rests on a shaky foundation needs all the assurance one can muster.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
I would like to personally thank you and all of the other science deniers in conservative American Protestantism. You folks forced me to choose between reality and religion.

I chose reality. I am now free of religion.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality