Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 02:46 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times

Advertisements

Did he disclose if he had a vision of the lottery numbers? Maybe he'll be seen by govt. secret agents in suits soon. The X-files is back.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:15 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Faith is a gift; you either have it or you don't, and I sincerely pity those who don't.
Don't need your 'pity', don't want it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is what I don't understand about these "oh it was just this or just that" type of people. If someone finds peace in their experience, if it changes their life for the better, why do people feel the need to take that away from them? Yeah, we get it, the "here's why" people are sooooooooooo smart and know exactly what it is, here's the science, blah blah blah, WHO. CARES! Let these people have their life changing experience and peace, they don't need anyone throwing mud on it.
Then they should post in the religion forum where the rules are different, and reality is less intrusive. 'Current Events' is open to discussion of rational explanations.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
How come few people see visions of the other place -Hell?
Judgement day hasn't come yet. Maybe they are just seeing purgatory.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:33 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
You "hallucination" people... How did the little girl recognize people from a photo she'd never seen before if she'd just imagined them? SMH!

Faith is a gift; you either have it or you don't, and I sincerely pity those who don't.

But it's nice to have reassurance of what you believe; thanks to the SERIOUS posters here.

My own mother was interacting with unseen people in the weeks before she passed... I had the presence of mind of ask for names and even ask her to spell them since they were foreign, LOL! I learned a lot that way, including all about a lost love I'd never heard of before. When I researched it, I learned he'd died a few months before. "Heaven is real."
What little girl recognized people she'd never seen before? It sounds like someone's parents like to use their own children for 15 minutes of fame.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:41 PM

21,881 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Um, I DO believe in it and DO find comfort in it.... (sigh)
Well, yeah, that's what faith is. Could be in God, could be in the hallucinations you experience in a near death experience, could be in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Nothing wrong with it. It doesn't mean God, hallucinations, or the FSM are actually real though. That's why it's faith.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:05 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
common symptoms of hypoxia:

Changes in the color of your skin, ranging from blue to cherry red
Confusion
Cough
Fast heart rate
Rapid breathing
Shortness of breath
Sweating
Wheezing

Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Here's a nice discussion between Dan Barker (former minister turned atheist) and Dinesh D'Souza (shockingly illogical Christian apologist / convicted felon) if you've got a couple hours to spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZroLMcjyA

D'Souza spends the entire time spouting utter nonsense, ignoring facts, and dodging questions.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:26 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Biochemical reactions are way of brain preparing the body for death. In my opinion the body knows when it is dying, and floods the brain with chemicals to help transition. There's a weird time warp phenomenon where a few minutes might be like decades, and we see what we want to see. Then, transition to darkness.

Though I wonder what happens when death involves severe trauma to brain or even the body instantly disintegrates.

Mystery of Death Solved: DMT is the Key

The psychedelic drug that could explain our belief in life after death | Little Atoms

Old 02-19-2016, 11:52 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
It's called a hallucination.
Quote:
You "hallucination" people... How did the little girl recognize people from a photo she'd never seen before if she'd just imagined them?
She was two when this happened to her. How did she even remember the faces of the people she 'hallucinated'? Assuming the relater of this account is being sincere, we could be forgiven for wondering what could be going on?

Look up Dr Sam Parnia who has an interest in these near death experiences.

Quote:
Dr Parnia said: ‘This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions, occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating.

‘In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted.
‘Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.

Read more: This is what it is like to die – and it's pretty scary | Metro News

Last edited by 303Guy; 02-20-2016 at 12:31 AM..

Old 02-20-2016, 03:29 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
Next door to the house I grew up in was an elderly man who lived with his daughter. This was the type of neighborhood that was more like family than neighbors. The daughter is a very practical person, a business owner, no one who makes up stories. Respected in the community, etc. Anyway, her dad who I was close with as well, his health started deteriorating as he was in his 80's. He spent his final days in his lazy boy recliner. We would visit him regularly. On the day he died according to his daughter, she heard him say as he was looking out the window, "what are they, coming for me?"

Next time she checked on him, he had passed. I still get chills thinking about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality