Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

http://pix11.com/2014/02/18/man-lose...n-of-afterlife

Quote:
BEACHWOOD, Ohio (PIX11) – A trucker in Ohio shocked hospital staff after coming back to life nearly an hour after he lost his pulse following a massive heart attack — but it’s what he claims to have seen during those tense moments that has him sure there’s an afterlife.

Brian Miller, 41, was opening the lid of a container when he knew something felt wrong — he immediately called 911 and told the operator, “I’m a truck driver and I think I’m having a heart attack." [more]
Well god bless him!!!!

Quote:
Miller remembered, “She grabbed ahold of my arm and told me, ‘It’s not your time, you don’t need to be here, we’ve got to take you back you’ve got things to go and do.’”
Would anyone want to really come back here?? (With how bad this place has gotton??)

Old 02-18-2016, 05:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Man loses pulse for 45 minutes, wakes up with incredible vision of afterlife | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV

Well god bless him!!!!

Would anyone want to really come back here?? (With how bad this place has gotton??)
Ok--so good, now it is confirmed.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
I think he could have argued his way out of this one.

Angel: Brian, my son! You need to return because there are so many things you have yet to accomplish in your life.

Brian: Yeah, but, you're sending me back to Ohio!

Angel: I see your point.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:15 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
First thing that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread, but before I read the original post, was that the guy would probably talk about seeing 'visions' during his heart stoppage. I was right.

Very common it seems.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:32 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
My ex husband had a strange experience about 15 years ago...

He's had Crohn's disease all his life and he was on a business trip when he had a full blockage of his small intestine. By the time he got to the emergency hospital his intestine broke through and he was in septic shock. His heart stopped for about a minute while he was on the gurney as they rushed him into surgery, and he definitely had a near death experience!

He said that as he was being rushed to the hospital by his coworker, he was in excruciating pain and was full of fear and anxiety. He really did think "this is it". He passed out and woke up to the doctors hovering over him, zapping him with the defibrillators on the gurney bringing him back from the dead!

However, he said during the time his heart stopped, he became conscience of all pain and fear being lifted from him! He felt like he was in a cloud and while he didn't see a light he remembered seeing a 3 dimensional cube of some kind in the distance and some sort of soft music or "something" peaceful sounding.

He had his surgery, and said he was depressed for a few weeks because he didn't want to be back. He wanted to be "there"... wherever "there" was.
Thankfully, he recovered without any brain damage and it actually changed his life for the better. He really mellowed, and started enjoying life a little more after he fully recovered. Bought a jet ski, became a Buddhist, and got remarried

Old 02-18-2016, 07:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
if that had been me, I would have grabbed some dirt, or a rock or a piece of her robe to bring back and show people

Old 02-18-2016, 07:19 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Dang. Is he bummed, or have some great outlook on life. I am very happy for his family and friends, and him, if he's happy.

I'm pretty sure I'd be sad. And I have fun every day. Life is not a "vale of tears" for me, but still...

One of my kids choked on a hard candy when she was almost two. Someone gave it to her without asking. Oi! It was difficult to remove, and she was quite grey by the time I got it dislodged.

Years later she asked "Who were all those people at the house when I choked?" She said there were many people, mostly older, standing in a circle smiling encouragingly. I told her no one and we dropped the subect. Until... after my parents died, years later, and we received many old, old family photos. We were looking at them and she (now in high school) said "Those are the people that were in the kitchen when I choked!" Wow.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:25 PM

21,880 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Yeah, hallucinations are pretty common in oxygen deprivation. Finding a ditsy nurse does make it sound more interesting. I mean, obviously he had oxygen or you'd find smarter cucumbers in the grocery store after 45 minutes.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:54 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
If you have family and other obligations it would make sense to want to come back and take care of those, safe in the knowledge that there really was some kind of heaven waiting for you afterwards.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:50 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Heaven can wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality