Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 08:07 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,951,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There are verses in the NT that clearly state that faith is not enough for salvation, and that good works are also required. Does the Word of God (tm) offend you?
Yes, there are. The verses requiring works are written only to the Circumcision believers. The nations, which are under grace, are saved solely by grace through faith and not by works. There is a reason for that.

There is also an earthly future allotment for the Circumcision believers and a future heavenly allotment for the nations, also called the Uncircumcision believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 11:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,841,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
They're still flies, right? I mean...they didn't turn into giraffes.....right?
Classic example of the wilful ignorance displayed by fundies. It's not only understandable that such ignorance is laughed at, it should be a REQUIREMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why claim that Christianity is a lie and mock us when you don't even understand the basics? You don't even understand why the OT laws don't apply anymore much less more advanced concepts like the gifts of the spirit.
The laws are an everlasting covenant, for a thousand generations, always and forever.
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations. Deuteronomy 7:9

Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway. Deuteronomy 11:1

Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant. 1 Chronicles 16:15

Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever. Psalm 119:151-2

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160
and remember Jeff, your god will curse you if you don't obey his laws.
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 11:26-28

What part of Yahweh's laws enduring for ever are you not understanding Jeff?
As has been pointed out to you...Jesus said that the laws remain and instructed his followers to obey all of the commandments.
Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:18-19

It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Luke 16:17
One came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him ... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Luke 19:16-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Some of us might not be alive today if not for cancer research. And other medical research. I might have died when I contracted Legionnaire's disease had it not been for research into the development of antibiotics. It sure felt like I was dying!
I'm sure that Jeff is only too keen to pop a few antibiotics even though there sucess is based on what we know evolution...you know, that thing that he keeps saying doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You can read the Bible all you want, but you'll never fully understand it as long as you are spiritually dead.
Most atheist know your Bible better than you Jeff, as evidenced when you demanded I show you something in the Bible (that you were sure wasn't there).

Quote:
You just prove it here again by thinking that Jesus is saying the OT law should never pass away. That's what He is saying at all.
Yes it is. it's exactly what he is saying. You are probably going to argue that he meant that they now longer apply because of him. You are simply putting your own interpretation on the word 'fulfil'. The word 'fulfil' does not mean 'abolish' no matter how much you would like it too....and how are you going to marry up your man-god abolishing the laws of Yahweh when Yahweh himself said that the laws will be unchanging FOR EVER.

Quote:
First, it has never been established or proven that the Mark verse was "tacked on".
So all the Bible historians on the planet are wrong and you are right?

Old 02-25-2016, 03:29 PM

20,436 posts, read 12,764,917 times
Quote:
Most atheist know your Bible better than you Jeff, as evidenced when you demanded I show you something in the Bible (that you were sure wasn't there).
It's a good thing we have you guys around.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 PM

11,011 posts, read 5,964,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Just disprove all the quotes in the video from scientists that there are no intermediary fossils to prove evolution.
Eusie, you make it so easy for us!

OK, so every one knows birds came from dinosaurs right? Heck, some people think of birds as living survivors of the dinosaur age. But do we have any intermediary fossils to prove evolution (of some dinosaurs into birds?) Well, it just so happens that we do!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:36 PM

11,011 posts, read 5,964,544 times
Quote:
Visio? Did you really just say that?

Old 02-25-2016, 08:04 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,248,018 times
Quote:
Just disprove all the quotes in the video from scientists that there are no intermediary fossils to prove evolution.
Don't need to as I have shown time and time again that you are not sophisticated enough to do your homework before posting pure rubbish.

How about you prove that all the quotes from that non-credible video instead? I already disproved the first one. Not going to waste my time on your lazy attempts.

You posted it, now you prove it's credible. I did the first one and that's good enough for me. Besides you have a history of not checking your sources for credibility or accuracy.

Either get with the program or just stop posting non-credible rubbish.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:08 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,248,018 times
Quote:
First indication that the arguer has no understanding about Evolution.

Your misunderstanding is not even in the top 10 but I would be willing to bet you also think along the lines of the top 10.

THE TOP 10 SIGNS THAT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND EVOLUTION AT ALL

Your fly question comes from a flawed understanding of how evolution works. Evolution is not a straight line, where entire populations change into new species all at the same time. Often times, a small group breaks away from a population and begins to evolve independently of the source group. The source group does not need to go extinct, and is generally unaffected by the development of the smaller group. This is called "Allopatric Speciation," and it is just one of many ways that new species can evolve.

There is nothing in evolutionary theory which states a source population must go extinct in order for new species to evolve.

Last edited by Matadora; 02-25-2016 at 08:40 PM..

Old 02-26-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It's a good thing we have you guys around.
Yes it is...otherwise you would be riding roughshod into or places of learning and government demanding that we all live according to the particular brand of superstition you subscribe too. Sorry. We will not allow it.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Just go look in the mirror. What you will see is an intermediate between what we were and what we will become.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,169,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Classic example of the wilful ignorance displayed by fundies. It's not only understandable that such ignorance is laughed at, it should be a REQUIREMENT.
Your silly deflections aside, were you going to actually answer the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality