Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,805,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Just disprove all the quotes in the video from scientists that there are no intermediary fossils to prove evolution.
Presumably you expect to see something like a crocoduck??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 10:11 AM

18,438 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
They're still flies, right? I mean...they didn't turn into giraffes.....right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Your silly deflections aside, were you going to actually answer the question?
Was it a serious question??

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,378,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Was it a serious question??
Lord, I hope not! If it was, then Vizio seriously needs to learn about grade school science. He also needs to learn it from IQ's over room temperature.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:46 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,769,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So we have observed in real time hominids transforming into human beings? Wow.
Quote:
Have we observed gods creating human beings out of mud in real time?
Careful, I am sure Jeff does not have to have observed God creating beings out of mud in real time. I am sure he takes that on faith, so it's not even necessary. The rub is he asserts evolution is taken on faith, as well. This creates the myth of equivalence. So he is perfectly fine that he we have not observed gods creating human beings out of mud in real time.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:12 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,333,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
First, it has never been established or proven that the Mark verse was "tacked on". You can dispute it all you want, but you'll never have solid proof that this verse was not inspired by God. Futhermore, you have very old manuscripts like Codex Alexandrinus which does have the verse. The passage aligns with other verses in the Bible.
Read it again.

Although the vast majority of later Greek manuscripts contain Mark 16:9-20, the Gospel of Mark ends at verse 8 in two of the oldest and most respected manuscripts, the Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus. As the oldest manuscripts are known to be the most accurate because there were fewer generations of copies from the original autographs (i.e., they are much closer in time to the originals), and the oldest manuscripts do not contain vv. 9-20, we can conclude that these verses were added later by scribes. The King James Version of the Bible, as well as the New King James, contains vv. 9-20 because the King James used medieval manuscripts as the basis of its translation. Since 1611, however, older and more accurate manuscripts have been discovered and they affirm that vv. 9-20 were not in the original Gospel of Mark.

In addition, the fourth-century church fathers Eusebius and Jerome noted that almost all Greek manuscripts available to them lacked vv. 9–20, although they doubtless knew those other endings existed. In the second century, Justin Martyr and Tatian knew about other endings. Irenaeus, also, in A.D. 150 to 200, must have known about this long ending because he quotes verse 19 from it. So, the early church fathers knew of the added verses, but even by the fourth century, Eusebius said the Greek manuscripts did not include these endings in the originals.

The internal evidence from this passage also casts doubt on Mark as the author. For one thing, the transition between verses 8 and 9 is abrupt and awkward. The Greek word translated “now†that begins v. 9 should link it to what follows, as the use of the word “now†does in the other synoptic Gospels. However, what follows doesn’t continue the story of the women referred to in v. 8, describing instead Jesus’ appearing to Mary Magdalene. There’s no transition there, but rather an abrupt and bizarre change, lacking the continuity typical of Mark’s narrative. The author should be continuing the story of the women based on the word “now,†not jumping to the appearance to Mary Magdalene. Further, for Mark to introduce Mary Magdalene here as though for the very first time (v. 9) is odd because she had already been introduced in Mark’s narrative (Mark 15:40, 47, 16:1), another evidence that this section was not written by Mark.

Should Mark 16:9-20 be in the Bible?

Old 02-26-2016, 12:19 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,898,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Just disprove all the quotes in the video from scientists that there are no intermediary fossils to prove evolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Presumably you expect to see something like a crocoduck??
No, in fact I don't. What I expect to see is you trying to take a stab at disproving the quotes in the video. Something you obviously can't do.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Eusie, you make it so easy for us!

OK, so every one knows birds came from dinosaurs right? Heck, some people think of birds as living survivors of the dinosaur age. But do we have any intermediary fossils to prove evolution (of some dinosaurs into birds?) Well, it just so happens that we do!
Sorry but that is not an intermediary fossil. What is the name of that fossil you are trying to pass off as an intermediary?

Old 02-26-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Don't need to as I have shown time and time again that you are not sophisticated enough to do your homework before posting pure rubbish.

How about you prove that all the quotes from that non-credible video instead? I already disproved the first one. Not going to waste my time on your lazy attempts.

You posted it, now you prove it's credible. I did the first one and that's good enough for me. Besides you have a history of not checking your sources for credibility or accuracy.

Either get with the program or just stop posting non-credible rubbish.
The reason you say you don't need to disprove the quotes in the video that there are no intermediary fossils is because you can't.

Don't put the onus of proof back on me. I asked YOU to prove the quotes are not true. Now get cracking and try to prove your point.

I have posted videos of scientists who say in the video that there are no intermediary fossils.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Just go look in the mirror. What you will see is an intermediate between what we were and what we will become.
That is an obfuscation of the point. You need to disprove the quotes in the video, not tell me to look in the mirror.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:40 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,003,359 times
Quote:
Not sure that there is proof, but:

No two humans can agree on what "God" actually is in the first place. That strongly suggests that "God" is something imaginary or psychological.
I have asked numerous individuals what their concept of God is and so far no one has replied with anything more than, God is Love, God is Great.

I asked how they picture God; a man in a white robe sitting on a throne in the clouds, or ? and as yet no one has said anything more than, "He is a spirit."

Is the spiritual power within each of us to utilize while on Earth?

I believe in a spiritual power, and as far as an afterlife, it would not be anything we could imagine in our current mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality