Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You are only proving my point. Keep it up and you too will be on my ignore list. BTW, only the worst offenders make the list. You are at the door bud.

It would be a relief to be on your ignore list and not have moronic posts directed at me . Please click the button and save me the trouble of dealing with your ignorance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 01:36 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The point is this Jeff....What do you suppose would happen if the Ford motor company manufactured a car that killed 4,000 adults and sent a further 10,000 kids to the ER some of which also die? There would be an immediate re-call, and billions of dollars in lawsuits....

I guess your god doesn't do recalls, doesn't care, or doesn't exist......The last option makes the most sense.
A recall would not be done if the redesign or fix causes bigger problems and MORE deaths. But that is what you are demanding of God. You think He should have created us as terminators that can live forever in a sin corrupted world and that's not possible. The curse of sin made our bodies less perfect and die eventually.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:48 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Science has already proven that and you have merely taken the tactic of denying it.

"Nuh uh, 95% of the scientific community, you haven't proven anything to ME yet, and you never will because I believe in the Bible, and since religion is thoroughly UNCOMPROMISING, you could hand me a stack of evidence large enough for it to have its own gravity well and it won't matter because that's just how fanatical belief in religion rolls."
Ignoring argumentum ad populum fallacy again? It doesn't matter if a million scientists agree. They could all be wrong. Hey Darwin was once mocked and laughed at for his theories by the majority.
If science has proven it then would be saying evolution fact, not theory, and there wouldn't be any disputes. Sorry, but primates transitioning into humans has NEVER been observed and NEVER tested. The only way you can prove it is to live a million years old and watch it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Never mind the fact that we have far more in common with animals than we have differences. Lets forget all about that and focus on the few differences and pretend that alone distinguishes us. Lets pretend that different species of animals do not have their OWN abilities and unique characteristics that make themselves different one from another, things that WE can't do ... but that doesn't matter. Only things that are unique to humans are special. Things that are unique to, say, honey bees, cougars, house cats, or hyenas don't count.
So what? All that means is God works off the same blue-print. Look here. A completely non-Christian pro-evolution link and here is a pretty huge difference between humans and every other species on this planet:

Quote:

Abstract thought is the contemplation of things beyond what we can sense.

"This is not to say that our mental faculties sprang fully formed out of nowhere," Hauser wrote. "Researchers have found some of the building blocks of human cognition in other species. But these building blocks make up only the cement foot print of the skyscraper that is the human mind. The evolutionary origins of our cognitive abilities thus remain rather hazy. Clarity is emerging from novel insights and experimental technologies, however."

Haha, you want me to believe evolution is fact and even these guys have to admit that the origins are kinda "hazy".

What Distinguishes Humans from Other Animals?

Old 03-03-2016, 01:59 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You know, that one tube system can wreak havoc if you are not careful and be potentially lethal. Just make sure you don't eat and inhale at the same time, and you should be oK. However if I were designing the system, I would probably just look over the other designs that seem to have dealt with that issue, say for instance the dolphins or whales. They can't have a choking problem. Now there is a system.
Why design humans to consume other dead stuff in the first place?

Millions of starving people wouldn't be starving to death if they were designed to live off the sun light.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ignoring argumentum ad populum fallacy again? It doesn't matter if a million scientists agree. They could all be wrong. Hey Darwin was once mocked and laughed at for his theories by the majority.
If science has proven it then would be saying evolution fact, not theory, and there wouldn't be any disputes. Sorry, but primates transitioning into humans has NEVER been observed and NEVER tested. The only way you can prove it is to live a million years old and watch it happen.

So what? All that means is God works off the same blue-print. Look here. A completely non-Christian pro-evolution link and here is a pretty huge difference between humans and every other species on this planet:

Haha, you want me to believe evolution is fact and even these guys have to admit that the origins are kinda "hazy".

I notice that you have not yet addressed the issue that human and chimp DNA is 99% identical, and that we share the very same defective gene for producing vitamin C .

Could you please take the time to address this ? Do creationists just believe it is one huge coincidence , or what?

Old 03-03-2016, 02:07 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Why would evolution create sex to be an intensely intimate experience? If the purpose of sex is to propogate the species then the physicality of the act alone should be enough. You know, like other animals do it.

And how do you know there isn't some special feature of the appendix that modern science has not uncovered? I have a friend who has been struggling with digestive problems for months. Doctors have run every test in their arsenal and they can't figure it out. I've had similar experiences with gastro doctors. The reality is we certainly don't know everything about the digestive system, most likely very little.

You can throw your flaws at me all day, but my point stands. Unless you have supreme knowledge of the universe then you don't have the right to judge the Creator since you can't see the potential problems that would arise with something like an internal waste treatment facility.
Got any thought to why your god put a happy button up a mans butt and makes rules not massage it?

Google milking the prostate.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:15 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why design humans to consume other dead stuff in the first place?

Millions of starving people wouldn't be starving to death if they were designed to live off the sun light.
There is that. Why create us as animals?

Old 03-03-2016, 02:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:

Haha, you want me to believe evolution is fact and even these guys have admit that the origins are kinda "hazy".

Many scientists were mocked by other scientists but I do not think that Darwin was one of them. His joing paper to the Society was very well recieved. I think it might have been either Hooker or Huxley who remarked about ToE that is was so obvious he should have thought of it.

You keep repeating this if it was true it would be a fact after you have been told repeatedly that first of all evolution is both a fact and a theory and that a theory is a higher order than a law in science. Theories are made or can be made up by a number of facts. Just about every single person in this world hwo has access to a science book or the internet could find this out in any disclipine of science regardless of their personal opinion.

That you keep repeating the same false statements shows you have either no interest in having an honest discussion/debate or that you have so little to oppose evolution that you have to make stuff up. The false staements are first the theory/fact lie you continue to make and secondly that the only way to prove evolution of humans is to live for a million years. That has also been explained to you numerous times but you simply refuse to accept the methods science uses and you also stated that it would be a waste of time for you to take a science course as you already have the answer. If you think you know more about the scientitfic method that all the world's scientists and teachers of science find but that seems a bit arrogant.

Could evolution be wrong? Yes there is that possiblity however to date there is no evidence to disprove it and all the evidence to date supports it. If something in the future comes up that disproves it the theory will be discarded.

Could a god have made the universe and created life. There is a possiblity however to date there is no evidence to support that idea.

Could it be your God that made the universe and created life. That also is a possiblity and obviosuly the possiblity above would also have to be true. To date there is no evidence to back the existence of your god or that he created this planet and the life on it. Sorry if your personal supernatural experiences are not included in as evidence but if you understood the least bit about science you would know why they cannot be included.

You claim we are arrogant just because we do not accept that your God and your God only was the creator of the universe and all things in it. But you neither accept the possibliy that evolution and nature processes were responsible but you will not even make an honest effort to find out what evolution actaully is or how science works.

Your linked did not support your claim, it just shows that science is a journey not a destination. I could throw that straight back at you and if I was the type of person that you appear to be on this forum I would state that God cannot be real because if it was true not only would everyone have the same religion but that all Christians would be of the same denomination. Not only that but there would be no need for debates or study of the scriptures because there would only be one way to understand them and everyone would always agree on that. But it would be outright silly for me to think this way as it is obvious from some of the discussions there are differences of opinions on what a single verse might mean. Your comments re the link simply show that you are a stranger to science and the world of scientific study.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
There is that. Why create us as animals?

Why create the entire animal kingdom to fit in a nested hierarchy to make it appear to science that they all evolve from earlier creatures all the way down to the original life form? Because it either IS that way in reality and scientists are correctly interpreting reality , or God for some strange reason made it deliberately and deceptively appear to be that way .

Nothing would prove the existence of a creator more than all of the animals of the world being obviously created separately with no genetic or hierarchical connection, and humans without a shred of genetic similarity to animals .

Last edited by wallflash; 03-03-2016 at 02:37 PM..

Old 03-03-2016, 02:38 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Why create the entire animal kingdom to fit in a nested hierarchy to make it appear to science that they all evolve from earlier creatures all the way down to the original life form? Because it either IS that way in reality or God for some strange reason made it deliberately and deceptively appear to be that way .

Nothing would prove the existence of a creator more than all of the animals of the world being obviously created separately with no genetic or hierarchical connection, and humans without a shred of genetic similarity to animals .
Yes, we would have quite a problem if evolution is false. We would have a creator who gives His people theological doctrines supposedly based on the recent special creation of all living things in their current form, but then voluntarily submits his creative will to the precise physical constraints of the evolutionary process without even the slightest pretense of fiat. And then throw in that pesky chromosome #2 just for good measure. Talk about piling on!

Which problem is worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality