U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 07:00 PM

6,893 posts, read 3,423,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's a GREAT site, except for the fact that they take G--'s name in vain. I don't like that, and stopped going there. I have no problem with making fun of religion, though - particularly being from a region where the biggest business/building/organization in any given town is usually the Baptist Church.

The Golden Era for Landover was when Sister Taffy was still around. Her bedtime stories for kids were absolute treasures (Sister Taffy's Daily Blessings). Sister Taffy was BRILLIANT. My fave story was "Mommy, what is that boy dog doing to our dog, Butch?" (Sodomy in the Animal World...)

And don't miss Landover Baptizon (Landover-Baptizon.com: buying info: Nancy Boy Chrissy, The Bed-Wetting Sissy!), and the book reviews on Amazon, by Landoverites.

Maybe best of all is the real estate section. It's a bit old, but when it was new, that section looked eerily similar to a lot of real Bible Belt realty publications. Marla Jennings Christian Realty II

Being from a metro FULL of Bible-thumping con artists, I found Landover quite cathartic.

I am laughing so hard I can't breeeeeeathe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:01 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,514,354 times
OP: You seriously have a college age child you did not know is left handed? How is that even possible? I knew my youngest child is left handed dang near from the moment of his birth.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:05 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,812,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's a GREAT site, except for the fact that they take G--'s name in vain. I don't like that, and stopped going there. I have no problem with making fun of religion, though - particularly being from a region where the biggest business/building/organization in any given town is usually the Baptist Church.

The Golden Era for Landover was when Sister Taffy was still around. Her bedtime stories for kids were absolute treasures (Sister Taffy's Daily Blessings). Sister Taffy was BRILLIANT. My fave story was "Mommy, what is that boy dog doing to our dog, Butch?" (Sodomy in the Animal World...)

And don't miss Landover Baptizon (Landover-Baptizon.com: buying info: Nancy Boy Chrissy, The Bed-Wetting Sissy!), and the book reviews on Amazon, by Landoverites.

Maybe best of all is the real estate section. It's a bit old, but when it was new, that section looked eerily similar to a lot of real Bible Belt realty publications. Marla Jennings Christian Realty II

Being from a metro FULL of Bible-thumping con artists, I found Landover quite cathartic.
Pray for me, Sister Gloria. I may bust a gut laughing.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:13 PM

6,487 posts, read 2,175,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did we really need another Christian mockery thread? You guys are really on a roll lately. Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.
It is a parody site? I honestly thought it was a real site. You guys make it hard to tell. So left handedness: sin or no sin in your book. The guy does seem to know his bible. Oh yeah, I guess he probably is an atheist then.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: You seriously have a college age child you did not know is left handed? How is that even possible? I knew my youngest child is left handed dang near from the moment of his birth.
She messes with me. If anything she can use her left hand. I have only seen her use her right.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:59 PM

5,690 posts, read 6,811,457 times
Quote:
Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.
"Disgusting"?

Nah, that site is a freaking riot!

But, what about people like me? I mean, I often gravitate to using my left hand first, but technically I'm ambidextrous, and there are *some* things that I just do naturally with my right.

Will I be stuck in Limbo? Or can I just stay here forever?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:04 PM

Looks like joke is on me. I thought there was a scripture about stoning left handed people. I can't find it so I don't know where I got that from. No need to answer Jeff.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:39 PM

26,086 posts, read 13,567,632 times
Haven't visited that site in years. Had forgotten about it.

Thanks for the revival.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:40 PM

888 posts, read 355,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
My daughter injured her hand. I said at "least it's your left" because she is in college and taking some art classes. Then she told me she is left handed. I have never noticed, you would think a mom would know.
It sounds like you took a hands off approach to parenting....

Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,662,025 times
Quote:
Did we really need another Christian mockery thread? You guys are really on a roll lately. Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.

Unfortunately for Christians, they are simply too willing and adept at providing fodder for ridicule .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality