U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 11:06 AM

16,395 posts, read 7,733,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Lighten up, Jeff. This thread is only mocking religious fanatics. It's not mocking Christianity as a whole.
But that's the point: Jeff and his kind identify their perceptions AS "Christianity."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 12:42 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,070,605 times
There was a thread about this a few years ago. Enjoy.

Is being left-handed a choice?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:31 PM

10,645 posts, read 15,791,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Looks like joke is on me. I thought there was a scripture about stoning left handed people. I can't find it so I don't know where I got that from. No need to answer Jeff.

Sigh....

Left hand was used to clean anus after defecation. That was in times when there was no toilet paper or anything even close to it. Ever since left hand is considered "dirty" and that is why duelers use LEFT hand glove smack as call to challenge.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM

8,742 posts, read 3,892,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
But that's the point: Jeff and his kind identify their perceptions AS "Christianity."
It would be interesting to see just how well received a thread mocking atheists in the exact same fashion would be received here. Something tells me you wouldn't like it. And I'll just say "Hey lighten up. No pun intended for the hell bound" *wink*

Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,474,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did we really need another Christian mockery thread? You guys are really on a roll lately. Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.
As an atheist, I love the Landover site for how it mocks Christianity. Let the Christian religion stand or fall on it's beliefs. If it can't stand scrutiny and mocking then too bad. I could care less if Christians are offended. Christians throughout history have killed non believers and now they can't take some mocking?? Seriously?? It's a belief system that says talking snakes, talking donkeys, men living in fish and a man on an ark with animals is based in reality. That alone qualifies for mockery in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:45 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,474,550 times
Quote:
It would be interesting to see just how well received a thread mocking atheists in the exact same fashion would be received here. Something tells me you wouldn't like it. And I'll just say "Hey lighten up. No pun intended for the hell bound" *wink*
By all means, mock atheists like myself on here. Forums like this are where people can disagree and mock in my opinion. I can take it and dish it out. If you can't take it, then don't dish it, I always say.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:59 PM

26,094 posts, read 13,567,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
By all means, mock atheists like myself on here. Forums like this are where people can disagree and mock in my opinion. I can take it and dish it out. If you can't take it, then don't dish it, I always say.
Exactly.

Only those whose faith is brittle and rests on a shaky foundation react to every passing breeze as if it was a hurricane.

And we know who they are....

Old 02-20-2016, 09:16 PM

6,893 posts, read 3,423,387 times
Quote:
It would have to be funny, and over the top.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:31 PM

6,502 posts, read 2,175,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Sigh....

Left hand was used to clean anus after defecation. That was in times when there was no toilet paper or anything even close to it. Ever since left hand is considered "dirty" and that is why duelers use LEFT hand glove smack as call to challenge.

Ewww...I think I would opt for buttercrack rather than use my hand like a mitt. I did learn that origins of the word sinister so I got that going for me.

I think a thread mocking atheists would be awesome. I would even participate.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:29 AM

14,198 posts, read 9,141,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There was a thread about this a few years ago. Enjoy.

Is being left-handed a choice?
OMG. Required reading for anyone who understands irony. Thanks for pointing this out, it made my day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality