Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you supposed to be paying ten percent of your income to LEVITES?
Yes, we are supposed to give ten percent to the Levite who teaches us the Religion of God 0 0%
No, we don't need no badges, we don't need to pay anyone 0 0%
I am a Levite and so close to God, he teaches me his religion 0 0%
I pay taxes already, they already take ten percent and give to others, I pay for food stamps 1 25.00%
The offerings to the Temple are to sustain the Temple as a house of bread for the needy 1 25.00%
There is no such thing as Levites 0 0%
There are no Gentile Levites so why do people pay preachers? 0 0%
I am a Levite 0 0%
I have a personal relationship with God and I need no Levite 1 25.00%
God promises to make some Gentiles,'' Levites.'' is this true, what happens? 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 09:59 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times

Advertisements

You cannot be let out of the temple tax to Levites.

This means that you owe ten percent of all you are to a legitamate priest, if you don't have time to study yourself.

Multiple choice, votes do not reveal who voted what.
Attached Thumbnails
Temple Tax-443px-profile_of_a_young_fiancee_-_da_vinci.jpg  

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-06-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 10:15 PM

This thread is to talk about the two sons of oil, and olive trees.

Oil.

How will you see your way in the darkness without a lamp filled with oil to light your path?

Old 08-06-2019, 10:18 PM

Wonder what Jews think about the sons of oil?

What does Judaism teach about the sons of oil?

Old 08-07-2019, 03:03 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Could be 10% to the temple , 5% to the priest, 5% to alms for the poor, then 10% to the government .......... Where today the government has it fingers in the offering plate at 35% then 10% to the church , and offerings with the lead in the Spirit of God

Old 08-07-2019, 08:20 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,420 times
If you put yourself under the law, aren't you under the curse of the law as well?

Are you still following the Mosaic laws? You believe in the Son, correct?

Old 08-07-2019, 08:51 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You cannot be let out of the temple tax to Levites.

This means that you owe ten percent of all you are to a legitamate priest, if you don't have time to study yourself.

Multiple choice, votes do not reveal who voted what.
Oh, good grief. When are you going to stop trying to impose Judaism on Christianity? This nonsense belongs on the Judaism forum. Not the Christianity forum.

Last edited by Michael Way; 08-07-2019 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Oh, good grief. When are you going to stop trying to impose Judaism on Christianity? This nonsense belongs on the Judaism forum. Not the Christianity forum.
That is lkke walking outside at noon and you say,'' Duh, anyone can see that it is nightime, good grief.

Jesus didn't come instituting a new religion, Christianity was a sect of Judaism.

I have asked you before Mike, what year was it when Christians became direspectful to the law, what year was it when Gentiles rejected Passover to institute Esater and Christmas?

That did not happen in the New Testament, it is very sad that you can't admit the facts Mike.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:15 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
That is lkke walking outside at noon and you say,'' Duh, anyone can see that it is nightime, good grief.

Jesus didn't come instituting a new religion, Christianity was a sect of Judaism.

I have asked you before Mike, what year was it when Christians became direspectful to the law, what year was it when Gentiles rejected Passover to institute Esater and Christmas?

That did not happen in the New Testament, it is very sad that you can't admit the facts Mike.
And I've told you before that as Paul himself said, the church is not under the law.

Galatians 3:24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25] But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That's straight from Paul, and if you could think straight you'd accept what he wrote to his fellow Christians. But you are so consumed by your love for Judaism that you can't understand that the church simply is not under the law.

Last edited by Michael Way; 08-07-2019 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And I've told you before that as Paul himself said, the church is not under the law.

Galatians 3:24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25] But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

That's straight from Paul, and if you could think straight you'd accept what he wrote to his fellow Christians. But you are so consumed by your love for Judaism that you can't understand that the church simply is not under the law.
What does being under the law have to do with your paganism?

You live in a make believe world, you can't even say what year it was when your religion began, and I have quoted Acts 21 and other verses a million times showing how Paul never left Judaism, he proves this in many places, especially Acts 21, but in your fantasy world, you see a lawless antichrist that has come to create lawlessness, and Jesus told us about you guys, and how the times would become lawless, how you would follow the lawless one, and here you are preaching lawlessness, paganism.

How you live with all your contradictions is beyond me, if you can't be truthful to yourself, who can you be truthful to?

I would ask you again, what year was it when Christians became lawless and pagan?

Jesus didn't come teaching you lawless Babylonian ways, we know what Jesus said, no matter how much you try and prove him wrong.

''Whoever doesn't keep the law and teaches others not to keep the laws of Moses wll be the least in the kingdom, not a very good goal Mike, but of course you say Jesus was wrong.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:13 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,376,614 times
Quote:
This thread is to talk about the two sons of oil, and olive trees.
Oil.
How will you see your way in the darkness without a lamp filled with oil to light your path?

I have an LED flashlight that uses 18650 Lithium batteries (rechargable) that I recycled from old laptop batteries.
Also have a LED headlamp that uses same batteries. all rechargeable - have tons of extra charged batteries, and old packs I haven't even disassembled yet; they last for years and years, never had one go bad in 7+ years yet; haven't 'purchased' a flashlight battery in 10+ years.
I even have a few solar cells and a controller to recharge the batteries if I need to.

Certainly don't need any oil for them - but I do like some nice e.v.olive oil on a nice salad.
Guess I won't eat salads anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality