U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:23 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,331 posts, read 2,115,480 times
Reputation: 2168

Advertisements

My daughter injured her hand. I said at "least it's your left" because she is in college and taking some art classes. Then she told me she is left handed. I have never noticed, you would think a mom would know. Anyway, I think she is just confused. I told her it's a good thing we didn't live in bible times because she would have to be stoned (to death). I went to google the correct Godly knowledge and it came up with this forum.
STOP being Left-handed!!! - The Landover Baptist Church Forum


I honestly can't tell if these people are serious or if this is parody. Here is the first post:


[SIZE=3]God knows there are plenty of good reasons for ending up in hell, so why challenge fate just because you want to feel like something special?

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Approximately 10 percent of the world population today is running around and telling others that they are left-handers - this is not a particularly clever move. The Bible contains several examples that God undoubtedly prefer right-handed people. In fact there is much evidence that left-handers will burn in hell for all eternity. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Maybe some of you think that it is a coincident if you're left- or right-handed - nothing is more wrong than such an assumption.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Let us look at a few examples of the type of people who have chosen to use Satan's hand (left hand) as their primary hand, instead of the right, which according to the Bible is Godís favorite hand:[/SIZE]



He then goes on to cite multiple scriptures backing that up.


So, any Christians on here think left handedness is still a sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:29 PM
 
6,893 posts, read 3,391,107 times
Reputation: 2442
Left Handed here. That site is a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Columbia MO
1,713 posts, read 1,863,785 times
Reputation: 2048
sounds pretty sinister to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:37 PM
 
Location: minnesota
6,331 posts, read 2,115,480 times
Reputation: 2168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Left Handed here. That site is a hoot.
I know, right?!?


This one is priceless:


It makes me sad to see how many freaks out there still choose to mock Jesus by using their left-hand to do things, only the right hand were meant to be doing.


Dude has the stones to call left handed people freaks. I used to get a kick out of going on forums for Dinar investing. Those have kind of dried up. This may be even more bizarre.


Edit: It's always God or Jesus being mocked. It doesn't occur to them it is they who are mocking themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:42 PM
 
6,893 posts, read 3,391,107 times
Reputation: 2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I know, right?!?


This one is priceless:


It makes me sad to see how many freaks out there still choose to mock Jesus by using their left-hand to do things, only the right hand were meant to be doing.


Dude has the stones to call left handed people freaks. I used to get a kick out of going on forums for Dinar investing. Those have kind of dried up. This may be even more bizarre.
The use of emoticons is awesome.

"Amen! I am glad to see somebody giving some much-needed attention to the issue of the disgusting, alternate lifestyle of being left-handed.

Of course normal people like us take for granted that our families and friends all use their right hand, but we forget that there is an underbelly to society, a dismal moral abyss of deviants who choose to defy nature and GOD and do everything with their LEFT."


ROLF...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:42 PM
 
8,589 posts, read 3,830,147 times
Reputation: 1917
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
My daughter injured her hand. I said at "least it's your left" because she is in college and taking some art classes. Then she told me she is left handed. I have never noticed, you would think a mom would know. Anyway, I think she is just confused. I told her it's a good thing we didn't live in bible times because she would have to be stoned (to death). I went to google the correct Godly knowledge and it came up with this forum.
STOP being Left-handed!!! - The Landover Baptist Church Forum


I honestly can't tell if these people are serious or if this is parody. Here is the first post:


[SIZE=3]God knows there are plenty of good reasons for ending up in hell, so why challenge fate just because you want to feel like something special?

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Approximately 10 percent of the world population today is running around and telling others that they are left-handers - this is not a particularly clever move. The Bible contains several examples that God undoubtedly prefer right-handed people. In fact there is much evidence that left-handers will burn in hell for all eternity. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Maybe some of you think that it is a coincident if you're left- or right-handed - nothing is more wrong than such an assumption.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Let us look at a few examples of the type of people who have chosen to use Satan's hand (left hand) as their primary hand, instead of the right, which according to the Bible is Godís favorite hand:[/SIZE]



He then goes on to cite multiple scriptures backing that up.


So, any Christians on here think left handedness is still a sin?
Did we really need another Christian mockery thread? You guys are really on a roll lately. Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:43 PM
 
6,893 posts, read 3,391,107 times
Reputation: 2442
Salvation since 1620. AhahahahHAHAHHAA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM
 
6,893 posts, read 3,391,107 times
Reputation: 2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did we really need another Christian mockery thread? You guys are really on a roll lately. Landover is a disgusting parody site mocking Christians. It's crap like this why atheists deserve the bad rap they get.

A discussion about the underbelly of society using their left hands. Nothing to see here, Jeff.

Unless of course you are left handed, too. I am not an Atheist, and the site is a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 PM
 
6,893 posts, read 3,391,107 times
Reputation: 2442
OMG... Aunt Flo's prayer shack for women....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2016, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Lake Oswego, Manhattan, Aspen
3,233 posts, read 4,204,503 times
Reputation: 11595
It's a GREAT site, except for the fact that they take G--'s name in vain. I don't like that, and stopped going there. I have no problem with making fun of religion, though - particularly being from a region where the biggest business/building/organization in any given town is usually the Baptist Church.

The Golden Era for Landover was when Sister Taffy was still around. Her bedtime stories for kids were absolute treasures (Sister Taffy's Daily Blessings). Sister Taffy was BRILLIANT. My fave story was "Mommy, what is that boy dog doing to our dog, Butch?" (Sodomy in the Animal World...)

And don't miss Landover Baptizon (Landover-Baptizon.com: buying info: Nancy Boy Chrissy, The Bed-Wetting Sissy!), and the book reviews on Amazon, by Landoverites.

Maybe best of all is the real estate section. It's a bit old, but when it was new, that section looked eerily similar to a lot of real Bible Belt realty publications. Marla Jennings Christian Realty II

Being from a metro FULL of Bible-thumping con artists, I found Landover quite cathartic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top