Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:50 AM

10,077 posts, read 5,707,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
1.6 billion Muslims would love to see you let go of your anger and poison against Allah, who is the True God. You worship a false god because you are angry at the real God.

It's a beautiful thing to witness someone like you surrender to Allah, the True God.
I don't have anger against Allah anymore than I have against Zeus. I don't get angry against false gods. I also don't spend large chunks of my day making fun of Muslims, insulting them and mocking their god in online forums either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,300,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't have anger against Allah anymore than I have against Zeus. I don't get angry against false gods. I also don't spend large chunks of my day making fun of Muslims, insulting them and mocking their god in online forums either.

I think the anger was expressed at those using your God to harm others. The anger is for people like you who would be happy to outlaw SSM and to teach your religion instead of science in the school systems and have the laws of the nation based on your narrow intrepation of your holy book.

It is a shame that you cannot disguish between beliefs and behavours. Is not Allah arabic for God? But you do mock science and those who follow science with insults and mocking and declaring them false or lies, By your very own logic you must be angry and science and not us poor folks defending science.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think the anger was expressed at those using your God to harm others. The anger is for people like you who would be happy to outlaw SSM and to teach your religion instead of science in the school systems and have the laws of the nation based on your narrow intrepation of your holy book.
I don't buy that for a second. If this was the true driving force, atheists would be online blasting groups like ISIS left and right just as aggressively as they are doing to Christians. Maybe you have a different perspective, but I happen to find things like beheading, murder, raping, destroying ancient antiquities a much more grievous offense than a Christian just wanting to preserve the tradition of marriage.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I don't buy that for a second. If this was the true driving force, atheists would be online blasting groups like ISIS left and right just as aggressively as they are doing to Christians. Maybe you have a different perspective, but I happen to find things like beheading, murder, raping, destroying ancient antiquities a much more grievous offense than a Christian just wanting to preserve the tradition of marriage.

ISIS is an easy target but who would I be blasting them to? I know no one who things that ISIS is a good group. Why isn't your God doing something about it, why are you not on line blasting them instead of showing your lack of knowledge in science? I can play the same games as you of deflection. Besides are you ommnipresent that you know what I or other atheists are doing when not on this particular forum?

As far as you not buying it what a surprise! You have proven that you are dead set in your mind that it cannot be changed, that you are not interested in learning about anything that is not in your Bible. You do not even know that there were SSM prior to the discovery of North America.

Is keeping two women who love each other from having the same rights to marrige that you could enjoy more important the stopping ISIS from the murder and rape? Your logic seems to say so.

Where were the religious Christians in America when the folks in Rwanda were hacking each other up with machettes? That would have been much easier to stop than stopping ISIS but everyone sat on their hands doing nothing. Rwanda is predominately Christian nation but still it was allowed to happen. Clinton said on Mansbridge One On One that it was his biggest political regret of his life but of course the Congress and the American people had no interest in that and SSM was not even legal.

And speaking for myself I am not out aggressivelyu blasting Christians. I am debating certain people who happen to be Christians, the fact that you cannot tell the difference despite my continuing trying to explain it to you just shows me were your mindset is and it is not a pretty place. I have no problem with people being religious I have problems with people who want to prevent others from having their civil rights or are coming on a forum and deliberately misreprenting sciences and you happen to be one that does both. You can hide behind the skirt of Christianity but Jeff it is Jeff's comments that I am debating. I keep telling you that over and over but no Jeff will not accept it I think because that would make Jeff responsible for his own words and then he might have to actually defend those ideas.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:55 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,046,558 times
Quote:
I don't have anger against Allah anymore than I have against Zeus. I don't get angry against false gods.
LOL! Too funny!

Allah = Yahweh.

They have the same root. The difference is that they believe that an additional prophet followed the alleged Jesus, named Mohamed.

Don't believe in Zeus? The only difference between you and an atheist is, an atheist believes in one less god than you.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
LOL! Too funny!

Allah = Yahweh.

They have the same root. The difference is that they believe that an additional prophet followed the alleged Jesus, named Mohamed.

Don't believe in Zeus? The only difference between you and an atheist is, an atheist believes in one less god than you.
Good grief, is there at least one atheist in existence who isn't rude and resorts to mockery? Allah and Yahweh are the same if you cut out 75% of the Bible. They worship a false version of God. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM

18,461 posts, read 9,104,228 times
Quote:
I'm not making fun of Muslims. Rather I am making a point: like Christisnity, Islam also demands submission to a god. The Muslims also say that non-believers hate God, are at war with him, angry at him, etc.

So if you think I am "angry" at the Christian God, remember that I am no more angry at the Christian God than you are angry at the Muslim God. Like you, I don't get angry at false gods like Allah or Zeus. So we have that in common. The only difference between you and I is this: I include the Christian God in the list of false gods.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I'm not making fun of Muslims. Rather I am making a point: like Christisnity, Islam also demands submission to a god. The Muslims also say that non-believers hate God, are at war with him, angry at him, etc.

So if you think I am "angry" at the Christian God, remember that I am no more angry at the Christian God than you are angry at the Muslim God. Like you, I don't get angry at false gods like Allah or Zeus. So we have that in common. The only difference between you and I is this: I include the Christian God in the list of false gods.
I honesty do not believe that he can understand your point. Yes it was perfectly clear but he cannot appear to separate how he thinks of his God or his view of his religion and how others think about their god or religion or of his religious belirfs.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:28 PM

10,939 posts, read 5,913,191 times
Quote:
... but I happen to find things like beheading, murder, raping, destroying ancient antiquities a much more grievous offense than a Christian just wanting to preserve the tradition of marriage.
No one is challenging the tradition of marriage! You are still free to marry and so are your kids, their friends and every one else. Everyone else! That includes those you would deny the right. You are the one seeking to deny the tradition of marriage.

Quote:
Now read what you said next.

Quote:
Good grief, is there at least one atheist in existence who isn't rude and resorts to mockery? Allah and Yahweh are the same if you cut out 75% of the Bible. They worship a false version of God. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
!!??? What would you call that?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No one is challenging the tradition of marriage! You are still free to marry and so are your kids, their friends and every one else. Everyone else! That includes those you would deny the right. You are the one seeking to deny the tradition of marriage.
The tradition of marriage is between one man and one woman. You want to redefine and force Christians to accept two husbands or two wives as being normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality